Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
I get it. I know it is rumor and speculation at this point. I just think it is funny that I was booked at Coronado Springs from July 8-15 and then decided to book a DVC at Kidani July 10-15 instead. I also have a room booked for Poly July 15-24. So as this resort speculation continues, the NBA may be rumored to be at Poly next since it seems the NBA rumors are following me around WDW resorts. :p You read it here first. lol
Lmao I think I would start feeling stalked!! That's crazy!

Hcalvert

Lmao I think I would start feeling stalked!! That's crazy!
From the NBA thread....the conjecture continues....

1591114711002.png

nickys

Premium Member
From the NBA thread....the conjecture continues....

View attachment 474195

Coronado has been discussed as the likely choice for a while.

It could be AKL is being held as an option for moving people to from Coronado and other resorts that maybe won’t open.

Or just not opening in the first phase of non-DVC resorts. And moving those with DVC rooms does make sense rather than having a whole resort open for a handful of guests.

Closing it long term would have huge implications for already messed up DVC availability.

We should know Thursday I think.

Seanual757

The issue with reserving AKL Jambo house for the NBA is you have not cut off those staying at Kadani from the QS at Jambo house. Since we do not have a QS at Kadani. THe only option is to convert Sanna to a QS restaurant.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster

It could be AKL is being held as an option for moving people to from Coronado and other resorts that maybe won’t open.

Or just not opening in the first phase of non-DVC resorts. And moving those with DVC rooms does make sense rather than having a whole resort open for a handful of guests.

Closing it long term would have huge implications for already messed up DVC availability.

We should know Thursday I think.
Why do you think we will know Thurs?

nickys

Premium Member
The issue with reserving AKL Jambo house for the NBA is you have not cut off those staying at Kadani from the QS at Jambo house. Since we do not have a QS at Kadani. THe only option is to convert Sanna to a QS restaurant.
They’ve already said dining may be modified.

Sanaa is QS for breakfast. No reason they can’t do that for dinner.

But it is entirely possible to say Kidani guests cannot go to Jambo.

Not that I think this is what is happening. I still think it’s the upgrade option for Coronado and will only open with The first wave of non-DVC resorts. At which point the DVC rooms will be available for members with existing reservations and those wanting to book.

nickys

Premium Member
Why do you think we will know Thurs?
Because that’s when the NBA governors meet to accept (or not) the proposals.

Hcalvert

I know. I was one of the first people on here to predict CSR as the resort and I am thinking it is the most likely going to be the choice. No matter if they move the overflow from other non-DVC resorts to Jambo. I actually paid less to stay at Kidani than what I was paying for CSR with the PH discount.

Last edited:

Seanual757

I would be pretty upset if I tried to book a DVC room only to see it saying no availability and then come to find out cash customers were moved into DVC rooms. Now seeing no cash reservations can made I doubt that will happen for now.

Once they see how the 2 week test goes with the DVC resorts opening we will see something come out from Disney as how they plan to open the cash resorts.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
I would be pretty upset if I tried to book a DVC room only to see it saying no availability and then come to find out cash customers were moved into DVC rooms. Now seeing no cash reservations can made I doubt that will happen for now.

Once they see how the 2 week test goes with the DVC resorts opening we will see something come out from Disney as how they plan to open the cash resorts.
What I was thinking as a possibility was the DVC resorts that had "cash hotel" sides it stands to reason if they are opening the dvc side they would open the hotel side
They are defanitely moving ppl somewhere as not all resorts are opening per Bob Chapek. Also being a former CM still in the facebook groups I read the chatter among them on what their leaders have been communicating to them

Seanual757

What I was thinking as a possibility was the DVC resorts that had "cash hotel" sides it stands to reason if they are opening the dvc side they would open the hotel side
They are defanitely moving ppl somewhere as not all resorts are opening per Bob Chapek. Also being a former CM still in the facebook groups I read the chatter among them on what their leaders have been communicating to them

I am sure the Disney top brass have no idea how this is gong to unfold. The International traveler cannot come so that takes away a chunk of guests, with the mask issue I see allot of folks saying they are not coming. I suspect we will see around 30% capacity at resorts and maybe tick up to 50% by the end of the year.

Mainahman

See this is where my mind goes. If they open the DVC portions,. they have to pay upkeep, why not move people to the cash side, also monorail resorts, resorts on skyliner, or with boat traffic to at least 1 park. This then cuts down needs on busses etc.

nickys

Premium Member
I would be pretty upset if I tried to book a DVC room only to see it saying no availability and then come to find out cash customers were moved into DVC rooms.
You do realise that any DVC rooms not booked at 60 days out can be used by Disney to sell just like they sell rooms at POR or Yacht Club?

See this is where my mind goes. If they open the DVC portions,. they have to pay upkeep, why not move people to the cash side...

AKL is a slightly different since, although they are part of the same resort, Kidani is stand-alone and so opening Jambo doesn’t really fall into the “might as well open“ category in the same way that Beach Club or Poly does.

Seanual757

You do realise that any DVC rooms not booked at 60 days out can be used by Disney to sell just like they sell rooms at POR or Yacht Club?

Yes but trying to book at AKL 1st week of August (62 days out) I could not book a 1, 2 or 3 BR at AKL Kadani. I booked SSR a 2BR seems odd if they planned to move cash customers into DVC rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes but trying to book at AKL 1st week of August (62 days out) I could not book a 1, 2 or 3 BR at AKL Kadani. I booked SSR a 2BR seems odd if they planned to move cash customers into DVC rooms.
Not really.
Honestly, I think it’s because they don’t know when they are opening Jambo House.
Kidani is available to book in every category from the 3rd to 7th of August.

Mainahman

I wonder if there will be something like this for upgrades

Value- Moderate with DVC
Moderate- Deluxe with DVC

or if they will do it based on transportation available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom