Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

3BratsToDisney

So ppl with reservation June 22 to july 4 are reporting being moved to OKW, SS and Ft Wilderness Cabins at no charge if they keep their dates if they choose to move dates and it's very limited availability they pay the difference and it's to whatever DVC resort with available room, not much choices from my understanding.
Seems like it could be rolling emails.

This worries us...we were booked at CBR july 5-14th - when it's our turn to modify/cancel whatever we decide are you basically saying our only option if we change dates to August would be DVC choices only and they are going to charge us the difference in price?? that could be very $$$$ and out of our price league. which really would stink cause then it's no trip for us.

Disstevefan1

This worries us...we were booked at CBR july 5-14th - when it's our turn to modify/cancel whatever we decide are you basically saying our only option if we change dates to August would be DVC choices only and they are going to charge us the difference in price?? that could be very $$$$ and out of our price league. which really would stink cause then it's no trip for us.

When Disney gives you the option to change yout resort and charge you the difference, what they are really saying is, please cancel your vacation. They literally want you to cancel and stay home.

Mainahman

When Disney gives you the option to change yout resort and charge you the difference, what they are really saying is, please cancel your vacation. They literally want you to cancel and stay home.
Yep! Were in august, and everyone ive talked to for travel agents, have said they will ask you to confirm your trip for when the parks are back open, and if you confirm, you will be moved at their cost. They will also ask if you want to reschedule later, or cancel. We intend to still go.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Moving a date always had the extra charge you had to pay if you moved to a more expensive booking, even if you remained at the same resort. WDW is giving you an accommodations upgrade... if you keep the same dates.

If you chose to move the time, which is your choice... you pay the difference.

Always been that way.

You can always ask if a Value resort is available on your new date.

Mainahman

Yep! We moved from july to August, and it cost us an extra 400 bucks for the same room, and same hotel. Now that were starting to see a few things, its possible that the resort were booked at will not open, and wed be moved, and im not turning down a free upgrade!

Disstevefan1

Yep! Were in august, and everyone ive talked to for travel agents, have said they will ask you to confirm your trip for when the parks are back open, and if you confirm, you will be moved at their cost. They will also ask if you want to reschedule later, or cancel. We intend to still go.
@Mainahman , We are looking forward to your trip report! It is said that having a room on site does not guarantee you entrence to a park, that you must use the app to make are reservation to get into a park on a given day. My hope is the app has secret logic that checks to see that if you are staying on site and you always magically get a reservation to the park, this way, to the public they can say they are keeping everyone safe while at the same time, giving the folks staying on site a reservation to a park every time.

Mainahman

@Mainahman , We are looking forward to your trip report! It is said that having a room on site does not guarantee you entrence to a park, that you must use the app to make are reservation to get into a park on a given day. My hope is the app has secret logic that checks to see that if you are staying on site and you always magically get a reservation to the park, this way, to the public they can say they are keeping everyone safe while at the same time, giving the folks staying on site a reservation to a park every time.
It will be a good one this time around for sure! Cant wait to see the wonder in the kiddos eyes. I dont care if i have to get up at 2 am and tell them what park ill be going to to get in, I dont sleep well at Disney anyways, and always leave to come home to rest before going back to work ha! I hope that is the case too., We have 5 day park hoppers, we can assume park hopping wont happen, so with any luck that will reduce my cost a bit more. Were due to stay at All Star Music because of the suites. Normally we stay at POP, but 2 rooms was more than we wanted to spend. Now if they move me to a Cabin or A DVC, im not turning that down ha! Will make the trip a bit more special. We usually will use park hopppers the most to get to all of the nighttime shows, so without that, we can easily spend an entire day at each park, and then pick as a group what park we want to go back to for a second time. We can definitely make it work, and like the fly by the seat of the pants trip. Sometimes i want a dole whip ( ok all the time i want one) and sometimes i just want pirates. I cant tell you 2 months before when i want to ride pirates.

Rosa2Little

It will be a good one this time around for sure! Cant wait to see the wonder in the kiddos eyes. I dont care if i have to get up at 2 am and tell them what park ill be going to to get in, I dont sleep well at Disney anyways, and always leave to come home to rest before going back to work ha! I hope that is the case too., We have 5 day park hoppers, we can assume park hopping wont happen, so with any luck that will reduce my cost a bit more. Were due to stay at All Star Music because of the suites. Normally we stay at POP, but 2 rooms was more than we wanted to spend. Now if they move me to a Cabin or A DVC, im not turning that down ha! Will make the trip a bit more special. We usually will use park hopppers the most to get to all of the nighttime shows, so without that, we can easily spend an entire day at each park, and then pick as a group what park we want to go back to for a second time. We can definitely make it work, and like the fly by the seat of the pants trip. Sometimes i want a dole whip ( ok all the time i want one) and sometimes i just want pirates. I cant tell you 2 months before when i want to ride pirates.
This!!
I’ve had so many trips planned out in advance, that the thought of just doing the trip as it comes is weirdly exciting!
I plan on keeping my dates at POR. It’ll open or not. If not, hopefully they will move at their expense. I have to believe they won’t be elitist and say only those you can afford deluxe levels can keep their trips.

Mainahman

This!!
I’ve had so many trips planned out in advance, that the thought of just doing the trip as it comes is weirdly exciting!
I plan on keeping my dates at POR. It’ll open or not. If not, hopefully they will move at their expense. I have to believe they won’t be elitist and say only those you can afford deluxe levels can keep their trips.
Not from what ive been told by a couple travel agents. It would be a no cost upgrade. If your Disney, and say myself who has only stayed at a value, and never set foot on site at a deluxe or mod. If Disney does this, suddenly you've had a test of better, and may be willing to pay more next trip, and or never be able to deal without that level of resort etc.

DisneyJoe

Not from what ive been told by a couple travel agents. It would be a no cost upgrade. If your Disney, and say myself who has only stayed at a value, and never set foot on site at a deluxe or mod. If Disney does this, suddenly you've had a test of better, and may be willing to pay more next trip, and or never be able to deal without that level of resort etc.
If you keep your dates, the upgrade should be at no extra cost.

3BratsToDisney

Moving a date always had the extra charge you had to pay if you moved to a more expensive booking, even if you remained at the same resort. WDW is giving you an accommodations upgrade... if you keep the same dates.

If you chose to move the time, which is your choice... you pay the difference.

Always been that way.

You can always ask if a Value resort is available on your new date.

Sorry I should of clarified we were already aware of that. We can't do Value as we are a family of 5 and not fond of the All Star Music suites, push comes to shove if we have to we will deal with it. AOA is usually alot more $$ then CBR or POR. Perhaps I misunderstood the previous post I was replying to, but I thought they said only DVC resorts would be a choice you could reschedule at? So wouldn't that mean all Value/Moderates resorts are out anyway?

3BratsToDisney

Yep! We moved from july to August, and it cost us an extra 400 bucks for the same room, and same hotel. Now that were starting to see a few things, its possible that the resort were booked at will not open, and wed be moved, and im not turning down a free upgrade!

We could do a difference in price like that and would - however if it started to hit let's say over an $800 difference then yea not gonna work for us.

Mainahman

We could do a difference in price like that and would - however if it started to hit let's say over an $800 difference then yea not gonna work for us.
Agreed. We didnt have an opening date when we moved it, and my wife got nervous so asked me to move the trip to august, so i did. They actually tried to get us to stay at Coronado as it was less money, but we needed the suite so bucked up and paid the extra $$ for that. Oddly by them dropping our dining plan, we went down quite a bit, so any free upgrade will be cake at this point.

DisneyJoe

Sorry I should of clarified we were already aware of that. We can't do Value as we are a family of 5 and not fond of the All Star Music suites, push comes to shove if we have to we will deal with it. AOA is usually alot more $$ then CBR or POR. Perhaps I misunderstood the previous post I was replying to, but I thought they said only DVC resorts would be a choice you could reschedule at? So wouldn't that mean all Value/Moderates resorts are out anyway?
Yes, currently for the remainder of 2020, DVC resorts and Ft Wilderness are your options.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, currently for the remainder of 2020, DVC resorts and Ft Wilderness are your options.
They can only do this to a certain degree. Disney only own 2-3% of most DVC resorts except for Riviera. So they can only use the rooms that are covered by that holding beyond the middle of August right now. Within the next 60 days they can take any rooms that aren’t booked.

Obviously that is quite a number of rooms at OKW and SSR in particular. But if people hold tight and don’t ask to move just now, they will have to open up other resorts as time goes on unless DVC members start cancelling. But given many have points that need to be used, that looks unlikely for the Fall and beyond. Availability at the DVC resorts for October through to the end of the year is pretty patchy.

nickys

Premium Member
They have said that those onsite and AP holders will be given priority “in phases” for the booking system.

The later your stay, the better your chances as capacity is ramped up. And right now it looks like there won’t be a problem for onsite guests at the parks opening because so many people have cancelled.

You have never been guaranteed access to a park by staying onsite, but in practice they have never reached a Phase 4 closing at every park on the same day. The chance s are pretty good it will be fine for those staying onsite.

Rosa2Little

I’ve stayed at mods and deluxe. I’ve liked them all for different reasons. Someday I’d like to try Pop for fun. I base the decision on finances at the time I book. My deal is always I have to have the cash in hand to pay at time of booking. Youngest starts college in September. I see a value Resort in my future... lol

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Umm, no one staying off-site will have access to the park reservation system at all. It is only for onsite guests and those with APs - and APs are already being told that reservations for them will be difficult to get, hence the AP preview days before the parks reopening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom