Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

surfsupdon

For us:
June 29-July 7 at Caribbean Beach we could be moved to a 2Bedroom Preferred at Saratoga Springs.

June 30- July 7 at BoardWalk Inn we could be moved to a 1Bedroom Preferred View at BoardWalk.

Or we could reschedule for first week in November, 2 1-bedrooms at BWV for 865/night each. Lol, insanity.

LAM378

We're going to have a situation where we're going to be adding a person in the middle of our week while there in early-mid August. Does anyone know if that will be something we can do when it's our turn to confirm or modify our reservation?

I know that in the past, all you had to do was bring the new guest to the front desk, pay the additional guest fee, and get their Magicband (as long as you were still within occupancy limits).

Under the new circumstances and with all the new rules, I would definitely call WDW and find out if it’s still that simple. You can certainly address it when they call you, but I’d be proactive and call now. I’d probably call multiple times between now and August, just to confirm and make sure there are no surprises. Particularly since they’re moving people around to other resorts, and you may not be able to stay in the type of room with configuration of beds you originally booked (I mentioned in an earlier post how they intended to move my party of 5 to a BLT studio that only sleeps 4). Good luck!

WDWLOVER1957

If anything, they should give the people at other resorts the DVC standard studios (occupancy allowing) and upgrade the DVC members to the better rooms. I know that is not going to happen, but just saying.
You have members who may not be able to book rooms they want due to the 50% borrowing rule, then you have people posting they have been moved from a value resort to a Grand Villa and it's only 2 guests absolutely ridiculous.

nickys

Premium Member
You have members who may not be able to book rooms they want due to the 50% borrowing rule, then you have people posting they have been moved from a value resort to a Grand Villa and it's only 2 guests absolutely ridiculous.
That will be different inventory. Disney can use their points any way they want. And actually by leaving the studios it means more DVC members can book.

But that one was a ridiculous waste.

WDWLOVER1957

That will be different inventory. Disney can use their points any way they want. And actually by leaving the studios it means more DVC members can book.

But that one was a ridiculous waste.

My point was the 50% rule may have stopped members from booking larger rooms, so say a family of 4 adults wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom but couldn't borrow more than 50% of their points they may only be able to book a studio, but Disney can give a GV to a party of 2.

I understand Disney can do what they want, but this is unfair to owners who pay for the upkeep of the resort.

nickys

Premium Member
My point was the 50% rule may have stopped members from booking larger rooms, so say a family of 4 adults wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom but couldn't borrow more than 50% of their points they may only be able to book a studio, but Disney can give a GV to a party of 2.

I understand Disney can do what they want, but this is unfair to owners who pay for the upkeep of the resort.
I still don’t see why it’s unfair.

Disney own thousands of points at SSR, they can use those points to pull say 100 studios, 50 1-beds, 30 2-beds or 2 GVs (I’m making up the numbers by the way).

The dates they were offered were right in the middle of Fall Frenzy. Most of the DVC owners will have snapped up the studios and 1&2 bed villas, so Disney have to pick from what’s left. And they have hundreds of people to re-book. Maybe that’s all that was left by the time they’d worked through the list?

They could only take what hasn’t already been booked by members.

PolynesianPrincess

We have a standard room at Pop booked for Sept 27-Oct 4. Are we thinking value resorts are going to be open at that time or no? WE specifically picked that for the skyliner so if we get bumped to a DVC resort, we may cancel.

WDWLOVER1957

I still don’t see why it’s unfair.

Disney own thousands of points at SSR, they can use those points to pull say 100 studios, 50 1-beds, 30 2-beds or 2 GVs (I’m making up the numbers by the way).

The dates they were offered were right in the middle of Fall Frenzy. Most of the DVC owners will have snapped up the studios and 1&2 bed villas, so Disney have to pick from what’s left. And they have hundreds of people to re-book. Maybe that’s all that was left by the time they’d worked through the list?

They could only take what hasn’t already been booked by members.
Because what hadn't been booked may have been because people didn't have enough points due to the 50% borrowing restrictions, not sure why your not able to see that.

I thought the example I gave was a good one. And as for not being fair Disney is bending over backwards to sort out cash paying guests, where as loads of DVC members are loosing out as by the many threads on this and other forums

nickys

Premium Member
Because what hadn't been booked may have been because people didn't have enough points due to the 50% borrowing restrictions, not sure why your not able to see that.

I thought the example I gave was a good one. And as for not being fair Disney is bending over backwards to sort out cash paying guests, where as loads of DVC members are loosing out as by the many threads on this and other forums

I am well aware of the borrowing restriction for members. But the inventory Disney can use and the inventory DVC members can use are totally separate. So Disney’s decision to put cash guests into a GV doesn’t impact owners in any way.

Disney will have “pulled” their rooms at 11 months, that GV was never available for members to book. If SSR has 10 GVs and Disney decided to use 2 of them, those were never open for booking. Or they might have decided to take all Tree houses for themselves. They tend not to do that though.

By the way, I am losing a full year’s worth of points because of this too. But what Disney use their rooms for doesn’t impact any of us members.

Gravydeen

I read somewhere and it might have been in this thread that someone was moved from Pop to Old Key West. We are at Pop and currently waiting on our email to call and make the change. I wonder if all Pop reservations are moving there or could it be different for us? If I read right Old Key West does not have a food court. Is that right? I'm not sure we would want a resort without a food court. Is that going to be the case with all of the DVC resorts people are moved to? I really know very little about the resorts other than the ones we have stayed in before.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I read somewhere and it might have been in this thread that someone was moved from Pop to Old Key West. We are at Pop and currently waiting on our email to call and make the change. I wonder if all Pop reservations are moving there or could it be different for us? If I read right Old Key West does not have a food court. Is that right? I'm not sure we would want a resort without a food court. Is that going to be the case with all of the DVC resorts people are moved to? I really know very little about the resorts other than the ones we have stayed in before.
Food courts (a restaurant with more than one ordering station) are limited to value and moderate resorts. However all Deluxe/DVC resorts have at least one quick service option, albeit with less "variety" than a centralized food court.

Gravydeen

Food courts (a restaurant with more than one ordering station) are limited to value and moderate resorts. However all Deluxe/DVC resorts have at least one quick service option, albeit with less "variety" than a centralized food court.
Thanks for educating me. Moderate is as high as we have gone before. So I guess it looks like initially people are being moved to DVC resorts which will not have the food courts. Maybe that's not so bad if the food options, even if limited, are good.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for educating me. Moderate is as high as we have gone before. So I guess it looks like initially people are being moved to DVC resorts which will not have the food courts. Maybe that's not so bad if the food options, even if limited, are good.
And DVC units come with kitchen facilities (though microwave instead of stove in the studio units) so you could do some meals in your room and save money.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I have some serious trouble believing that 2 people were moved to a GV. That just doesn't sound right at all. There are still studios available at a few locations, so no reason to move them to a GV.

Mainahman

We usually stay at POP, but got a suite at All stars this time around for extra space for 2 teens. were in August, so waiting on our email to call and get our new assignment as well.

WDWLOVER1957

I have some serious trouble believing that 2 people were moved to a GV. That just doesn't sound right at all. There are still studios available at a few locations, so no reason to move them to a GV.
There's a thread on another forum where people are asked to post where they have been moved to, some are ridiculous family of 5 to SSR studio, family of 3 to a two bedroom SSR, and yes party of 2 to a GV. Post 126 explains why this may have happened, still ridiculous though.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

You’re confusing inventory.

Those reports are people who are rebooking later in the year. Therefore Disney can only be using their own inventory to move people to, the rooms they pulled 11 months before. Long before COVID.

You are looking at DVC inventory which is totally separate.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You’re confusing inventory.

Those reports are people who are rebooking later in the year. Therefore Disney can only be using their own inventory to move people to, the rooms they pulled 11 months before. Long before COVID.

You are looking at DVC inventory which is totally separate.
True, except that it is highly doubtful that they moved 2 people to a GV, regardless of who owns it.

JHB

Following thread... We're booked July 13 - 19 at Pop. We've not received any communication from Disney about cancellation or movement at this point (we had May and then June ressies that we moved to July). I'm interested to see how things 'fetter' out.

Gravydeen

Following thread... We're booked July 13 - 19 at Pop. We've not received any communication from Disney about cancellation or movement at this point (we had May and then June ressies that we moved to July). I'm interested to see how things 'fetter' out.
We are very similar to you except we are at Pop starting July 10th. We have not heard anything yet either. I expect the email anytime this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom