Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside

Mouser365

Original Poster
We are going to plan our trip for Feb. 09. in '04 we stayed at POR and liked it alot. '06 we stayed at WL but next Feb. we were thinking of POFQ since we saw it was under construction back in '04 and are curious. Which is preferred-Riverside or French Quarter? I have 2 kids at that time will be 10 and 3. Thanks!:D

BRER DAD

We stayed at POR for the first time this year........I have a 3,5,and 12 year old. They loved it and we loved it!!!! There was so much to do. I never stayed at POFQ so really cant say what its like. I for one will always stay at Riverside!!

majorrfb

Pofq

We are going to plan our trip for Feb. 09. in '04 we stayed at POR and liked it alot. '06 we stayed at WL but next Feb. we were thinking of POFQ since we saw it was under construction back in '04 and are curious. Which is preferred-Riverside or French Quarter? I have 2 kids at that time will be 10 and 3. Thanks!:D
:ROFLOL:The POFQ is a real cool place to stay. We stayed in Building 5, in the back, second floor overlooking the river. Quite, great view, easy to DTD by boat, and buses stop here first. We love it their! Interesting pool-the kids will love it. Building 5 is very close to registration and food courts. ENJOY:sohappy:

H20Babie

Riverside, riverside, riverside ... lol.

You'll get a lot of arguments for both. Take a look at the pictures and fact sheets of each at AllEars and then go for the theming you prefer

:wave:

nicnic

POFQ,
its smaller, easy to walk around, easy to get to restaurant,pool,buses.
only 1 bus stop.
1st pick-up, handy with the 3yo and stroller if you have 1.
lovely pool with slide and kids pool.
its just a great resort and the smallest.

dixiegirl

AHHHH Riverside!!! To me (even though I'm a DVC member ) It'll always be home!! We stayed there for our honeymoon back in 1996 when it was Dixie Landings and stayed there every year going once or twice a year for the past 10yrs up until 2006 when we became DVC members....I love this resort..To me and I know many other members here can tell you it is a moderate resort with a deluxe feel to it..Beautiful grounds, boat transportation to Downtown Disney, fishing hole ,many pools , loved the main one for the outdoor bar Muddy Rivers...Yummy drinks.....Bob the piano man plays in the lounge on certain evenings..he is great fun for whole family... nice sized arcade.
I loved the dining hall there is something for everyone to eat at all times of the day. Boatwrights restaurant is great as well , great breakfast....Yummmy Banana stuffed french toast.

Nice general store which has anything from t shirts, plush characters, pins to snacks, alcohol and things you might have forgotten to pack(pricey but what isn't at disney)..

Two different areas of resort mansion side and alligator bayou (my fav) ..Buildings 14, 16 and 18 are great , close to bus depo , pools and dining hall.
sorry if I rambled on, but just my two cents ..and my vote for RIVERSIDE!!!

Mouser365

Original Poster
Thank you so much! This was my first visit asking a question and I really appreciate everyone's time and opinion.

SeaBreeze

Both are great options and like another poster said, you'll get arguments for both. You should definitely check out photos and see which you prefer. Personally, I'd try POFQ just to experience something new. It won't disappoint you and your kids will have fun there.

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
POFQ,
its smaller, easy to walk around, easy to get to restaurant,pool,buses.
only 1 bus stop.
1st pick-up, handy with the 3yo and stroller if you have 1.
lovely pool with slide and kids pool.
its just a great resort and the smallest.
Agreed, Not counting the deluxe resorts.....POFQ is imho, the best Disney resort.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom