Pop Warner in December

zandalee

I've just realized that my trip is booked on the exact same week as the Pop Warner Superbowl / Cheer Championship. Has anyone else been at the parks during this time period and does this event make a huge difference in wait times and crowds?

I'm trying to decide if I should go a week earlier and just deal with the tail end of Thanksgiving. (Going Sat to Sat)

Any ideas? :veryconfu

CLandrum

I was there last Dec. We stayed Nov 29th- Dec 9th at the ASMu. They had the overflow from the sports there was a fight of about 100 people in the lobby/Arcade area. Every time I took my 7 year old daughter down to the pool we had to leave because of the football players laungage and vulgar behavior. Where were the coaches? Drinking beer and smoking right by the pool just watching. I am not saying they are all like that but it just takes a few to ruin it for everyone. Security also did not do allot. However the parks were fine just avoid the value resorts like the plauge.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I would not give up Disney in December for anything. If you are not at All Star Sports in all probability you will never notice them.

Just a short list of what you will miss out on by switching to January
Osbourne lights
MVMCP
Gingerbread Houses and sculptures
Candlelight Processional
Decorated parks
Decorated resorts
Christmas around the world
Christmas shows at AC
etc,etc

We did a 1st week of December trip last year. It was nice to see and I'm glad we did it. I can't necessarily say we liked it a whole lot better than January, tho. It really was a wash with all the pros and cons. Overall the parks felt more crowded, more hectic, and I doubt we would do MVMCP again regardless due to the insane crowds we experienced there last year. We currently are reserved for Beach Club the week of Pop Warner which I did on purpose to avoid the teams. :D

Upvote 0

zandalee

Original Poster
With the MVMCP - as far as the shows / parades go - what can I see that is different than what goes on during the regular operating hours?

Upvote 0

pacochran

We've been three years at least part of the time during the time they are there, and I think it does increase the waits a little bit, but not like during the busier times of the year. From what I have heard you do want to stay away from the resorts they are staying at.

The only real annoying thing we have found is that some of the groups of kids can be obnoxious in the park, and when you are waiting in line for a ride and the cheerleaders decide to practice while waiting in line it can be annoying.

But it is a great time of year to go with the holiday decorating is great. We'll be going again this year at that time.

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

Stayed at PORS the same week this past year. Other than the resort and buses being packed with teenage kids, The parks were fairly quiet during the week. We did have one bad experiance. The winning cheerleading team, coaches, parents, football team, etc...., All decided to jump in the pool clothes and all in the middle of the afternoon. The cheerleaders then decided to take their uniforms(beacuase they were wet) off and run around the poll in their underware. So for that 1 reason I will try to go the week earlier next time. Along with staying at a resort that will not be loaded with them.

My 2 cents...

Upvote 0

DonmoyerFamily

We were there 2 years ago during the weekend games and there really isn't much evidence of the kids in the parks. The problem is the bus rides back from the attractions at night with the already full buses to those resorts that can become incredibly noisy. Especially since the POFQ & Riverside aren't separate.
We moved our trip immediately after reading the Pop Warner dates on here.

Upvote 0
We arrived the day they were leaving last Dec. and I scheduled it that way on purpose, (not a big fan of cheerleaders in general but a whole bunch of them, I did not want to deal with), by finding out from this board when they came and left. Anyways, we are deciding when to go back this year and we are leaning towards Dec again, so how do I find out when they come and leave? We were thinking of going Dec 6-13, will I be safe?

Upvote 0

msk0879

i ve done that week twice and the only prob ive ever had was cheering on the monorail and i mean me the dw and 20 or so 13 year old girls practicing it was kinda funny though

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

In DEC05 we had the "pleasure" of the Pop Warner crowd all day at MK. If you don't mind the rudeness, swearing, chanting and pushing will you're in line- then you won't have a problem. Sorry about the sarcasm, but we will never go to WDW again when Pop Warner is in town. If you check all my other posts, you'll see that I have a positive attitude 98% of the time.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We arrived the day they were leaving last Dec. and I scheduled it that way on purpose, (not a big fan of cheerleaders in general but a whole bunch of them, I did not want to deal with), by finding out from this board when they came and left. Anyways, we are deciding when to go back this year and we are leaning towards Dec again, so how do I find out when they come and leave? We were thinking of going Dec 6-13, will I be safe?

Your dates are in the Pop Warner week. I feel your pain. Ours are, too. Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

zandalee

Original Poster

I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news but the dates are Dec 7-13. I'm going to keep my original dates of Dec 6-13 but I changed my resort last night! I'll try the POFC on another trip.

Upvote 0

hcphish

I know that these guys stay at the All Stars and some overflow to POR but do they crowd Pop Century as well?

Anyone have experience at that resort with these guys in town? Transportation crowding, dining etc...?

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We were at Pop Century once during Pop Warner week (because POR was booked up).
At the resort we saw almost no evidence of Pop Warner activities, although there probably were Pop Warner people there.
Maybe they were just individual football families instead of the cheerleaders or large groups.

:)

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news but the dates are Dec 7-13. I'm going to keep my original dates of Dec 6-13 but I changed my resort last night! I'll try the POFC on another trip.

Just checking-

Have those dates been confirmed for 2008?
The reason is that normally they are there the first week in December.
For example, last year Pop Warner week was Dec. 1 - 7, 2007.

Tks.
:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom