Pop Century?

Billy6

Thinking about staying at Pop Century in January... Is it as good, same, or better that All Stars??

Let me hear your opinions....:)

kasey1988

Thinking about staying at Pop Century in January... Is it as good, same, or better that All Stars??

Let me hear your opinions....:)

Ive only stayed at all stars, but am planning on staying at Pop next year..

This is what i understand the diffrences to be:

Pop has its own busses, All 3 All stars share a bus
Pop is defintally Newer
and ive heard Pop has really good Tye Dye Cheesecake and Choc.Cake! lol

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is without a doubt better than the All Stars. The rooms are all but identical but everything else seems to be kicked up a notch. It definitely beats the All Stars by a large margin in terms of transportation. It's more central location and single bus stop really seems to cut down on travel time.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

What resorts do you think have the better pools?? I really like the all stars pools with the mickey and friends that spray water. This wont decide where i stay, im just curious i dont think ive seen any pictures of the Pools at Pop!

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

They are all considered "value" resorts. Pop Century is the newest of the 4 of them. The rooms are all the same, 2 double beds, food court, no sit down restaurants, no slides for the pools. Once you step up to the moderates you start to get the more elaborate themed pools, larger rooms, more amenities. The transportation for Pop Century is good because of it's size so they basically have their own....but it is still a Value resort...

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I have stayed at Music, Movies and Pop. I can say, without a doubt, Pop is the best. Disney learned from the mistakes at the ASR which makes Pop a lot better.

I can't really comment on the pools, b/c I don't swim while I am at WDW. However, ASR look better IMO.

Upvote 0

pilka214

i've stayed at pop once, and i will be staying for a long weekend in mid-october, and for it's price it believe it is a great deal, it is def. kicked up a notch compared the the ASR plus the ambience is just fun! i'd reccomend it out of all the other value resorts

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
i've stayed at ASMusic and POP...I stay at POP all the time now, for the reasons already posted. I swam in the pool at ASm and the Computer pool at POP, and I like both.

I love the theming of POP, and the food court, too.

But, hands down, the winning factor goes to the bus system for POP. It is the last pavilion down at the parks, but we have always found it to be more efficient than the All Stars.

Upvote 0
I guess I will be the one to be different. :lookaroun My family and I stayed there last September. The transportation was HORRIBLE. long waits at the hotel, packed busses everytime we got on a bus. We never have this problem at AS Sports.

I loved the theming, the food was okay - but the All stars have more food that my picky eater likes.

We will never stay there again - although I would love to see it decorated for Christmas. If we ever make it back during the holidays now that my daughter is in school it will be a must stop.

just my two cents.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I prefer Pop over the All-Star resorts for the same reasons stated by others:

• Better bus system (one stop, bus queues)
  • Better food (love the salmon dinner and mom's night out specials)
  • Better layout (no bldgs are far from the main lobby and food court)
  • Better views (OK - so the abandoned Legendary Years blgs are an eyesore, but something will be done eventually and then the water view rooms will be great).
  • Better location (close to Epcot, DHS & DAK - you can even see the fireworks portion of Illuminations from the lake side of the 50s bldg at Pop).
I've stayed at nearly ever WDW resort - and for the $, Pop works for me and my family. I encourage anyone considering Pop to give it a try.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Have only been to WDW twice and stayed at Pop both times. Liked it so much that we are staying there AGAIN this March. Didn't even want to try the other value resorts as we fell in love with everything Pop! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Bug715

I stayed at ASMusic right after it opened as well as this past July (because it was the only value that had a room). When my dad came down to work the Golf Turney last year we stayed there and I thought it was a lot better than All Stars for the reasons that have been stated above. I was dreading staying at Music in July but it wasn't as bad as I thought for being the oldest value resort but Pop's Theming and location make it my favorite. One day my dad and I walked around and took fun pictures with all the theming. I'll be checking in in a week and 6 hours!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I prefer Pop over the All-Star resorts for the same reasons stated by others:

• Better bus system (one stop, bus queues)
  • Better food (love the salmon dinner and mom's night out specials)
  • Better layout (no bldgs are far from the main lobby and food court)
  • Better views (OK - so the abandoned Legendary Years blgs are an eyesore, but something will be done eventually and then the water view rooms will be great).
  • Better location (close to Epcot, DHS & DAK - you can even see the fireworks portion of Illuminations from the lake side of the 50s bldg at Pop).

I completely agree there.

Upvote 0

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
We used to stay at Pop every year but we decided to try POR this year and now I am hooked with the moderates. I love having a refrigerator in the room and the bus stops are covered..:)

Upvote 0

jhastings74

We have stayed in all the value resorts multiple times. My own opinion is that I agree with the PoP>All Stars, in general.

That being said, the AS resorts seem quieter and generally not usually as crowded as PoP (except during peak season, and then they are all crowded!). The rooms all seem the same to us, but the overall deciding factor, like many have said, is the transportation benefit of PoP having their own bus. But really, it depends on how much time you plan on staying around your resort. If you're just there for a bed and a pool, don't care about a little extra bus wait time or ride time, and want a less-hectic atmosphere, I'd go with the AS resorts.

(p.s.) One extra benefit of the AS is that the McDonald's right next to them is 24 hours.... :animwink:

Upvote 0

disneyniebo

We stayed at the AS Music twice and found the bus times to be really bad (for reasons already stated)
Pop is much better for the buses being the only stop, food is better, proximity to DHS and EPCOT.

Stay at the POP!!!!:kiss:

Upvote 0

eroyee

What resorts do you think have the better pools?? I really like the all stars pools with the mickey and friends that spray water. This wont decide where i stay, im just curious i dont think ive seen any pictures of the Pools at Pop!
All of POP's pools are really nice and they have a place that sprays water with Goofy...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom