Pop Century?

Billy6

Thinking about staying at Pop Century in January... Is it as good, same, or better that All Stars??

Let me hear your opinions....:)

StingraySam

I prefer Pop over the All-Star resorts for the same reasons stated by others:

• Better bus system (one stop, bus queues)
  • Better food (love the salmon dinner and mom's night out specials)
  • Better layout (no bldgs are far from the main lobby and food court)
  • Better views (OK - so the abandoned Legendary Years blgs are an eyesore, but something will be done eventually and then the water view rooms will be great).
  • Better location (close to Epcot, DHS & DAK - you can even see the fireworks portion of Illuminations from the lake side of the 50s bldg at Pop).
I've stayed at nearly ever WDW resort - and for the $, Pop works for me and my family. I encourage anyone considering Pop to give it a try.

I could not have said it any better!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Question: Is parking at the values right at your door? Not stayed onsite before and although I read all the reviews and reports about the Disney properties, I've never heard anyone say...Thanks...

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

Upvote 0

StingraySam

Question: Is parking at the values right at your door? Not stayed onsite before and although I read all the reviews and reports about the Disney properties, I've never heard anyone say...Thanks...

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

No, there are several LARGE parking areas on the outside (or if at the Allstars, between resorts). Some of the buildings are in close proximity of the parking areas though.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Out of the Value Resorts I must say I prefer the Pop Century. I like the atmosphere and pools much more, also the lake is just beautiful. Their cafeteria has alot of options and seems to be less crowded then the others and the lobby store and Arcade are better.

Upvote 0

eroyee

We love POP. We have stayed there several times. I think you will really like it. The theming is neat, the food court is good, the pools are nice and the lake is so pretty. Plus, the bus system is great. Only one stop at that resort only. None of the buildings are that far away from the food court either.

Upvote 0

wchoodjr190

I have to say when it comes to having that genuine vacation feel you can't beat either value resorts. But if I had to chose I would definitely pick pop. Beside it having some of the best bus stops for any value, and food, it in my opinion has quite possibly the best pools.
My daughters loved the main pool and the small very shallow kid pool. Only thing I did not like is the very thing I did like; the bus ride home from the parks after closing. So many ppl, so little space children so heavy

Upvote 0

hhhmickey

Agree with most who have voted for Pop...we've stayed there 3 times and stayed at All Star Sports once...newer, nicer, food seemed better at Pop(although it's been a while since I've stayed in AS). The past two times we've been we've noticed that the AS resorts seem to be running many more busses and the line seems to move quicker than the Pop line. Makes sense as there are 3 resorts sharing busses, but the wait didn't seem to be as long as Pop

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

DW & I have stayed @ Pop twice & absolutely LOVE it there. In fact, when my mom and dad gave me permission to plan a 16 person family vacation/reunion I made the reservations at the Pop. But, then came the free dinning plan for Dec. and in order to take advantage of it we had to move resorts. Now we are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter. But, I Love the Pop through and through.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have stayed at ASMu (hated it), ASSp (liked it) and Pop (loved it). I prefer a moderate but of the values I have stayed at, Pop is by far the best for all of the reasons stated previously by others.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Another reason to choose Pop Century: slightly lower hotel tax means it is cheaper to stay there over AS resorts.

BTW, we're arriving at Pop in 6 days!

Upvote 0

chipndale76

We stayed at the Pop Century three years ago. We had never stayed at a Value Resort before, but it was a last minute trip and decided to save some money. If it wasn't for now being a member of The Disney Vacation Club, I would definitely stay there again. I was pleasantly surprised. The giftshop was huge, the food court offered many different options, and a generous seating area. We had stayed at the Caribbean Beach in the past and I prefer Pop's food court all the way. The resort still had a newness about it, and my kids really enjoyed the oversized decorations/theme.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom