Pop Century room fridges?

Red devil

I am staying in Pop Century in sept. and I am pretty sure that they don't have mini fridges in the rooms but please correct me if I am wrong. However if they don't in fact have them does anyone know if it is possible to rent one for your room?

Red devil

Original Poster
Ok, I answered my own question by looking at the resort page. So that leads me to my next question which is, does anyone know how much they charge for a fridge in your room?

Upvote 0

JC03

Yes. It is $10 extra a day. I have been offered a fridge before for free when we were traveling with very young kids, but I would plan on a $10 charge.

Upvote 0

mwbrown

If you are driving, I have a way to avoid renting the fridge. Last year when we drove to Disney, we brought our powered cooler (cost about $120) and it had an adapter to plug into either our car or a regular outlet It meant we had cold drinks for the drive and at Disney.

I figure if you stay for 7 days at $10 for a fridge, that's $70 you won't get back. Our cooler continues to come in handy back at home or on other vacations.

Obviously if you are flying, than a fridge is the only option. That being said, this year we flew and decided not to get a fridge. We bought a bottle of milk every morning for cereal in our room ($2), and we filled our ice bucket with ice every night which meant we had cold water in the morning (these were the two things we needed a fridge for...)

Guess figure out what buying things at the park versus the added cost of the fridge and see which works for you...

Oh, and enjoy your stay at Pop. We love it there....

Upvote 0
We also have drive and use a Coleman cooler/fridge that we plug into the van and then plug into the outlet in the room. Works great. Holds a lot more that the room fridges. They sell them at Walmart up here for about $80. Well worth the money if you drive.

Upvote 0

michelemily

we stayed at pop century in june and before we left, i called the reservation line and told them that i wanted the fridge in my room and would pay the $10 a day. when we arrived at pop century and checked in, i didn't ask about the fridge, i assumed it would be in the room....when i called the front desk once we got to our room and did not see a fridge they stated that we had to ask for the fridge when we checked in even though we called and asked for it as a preference 6 days prior to arrival...so if you do order the fridge, don't forget to ask for it or they won't put it in the room....

Upvote 0

lac628

One more thing...if the fridge is for medical purposes, it's free.
If you need it for baby formula...it's free. We always got a free fridge for DS's formula. We even got a free fridge when we needed an ice pack for DH's back. We just told them what the fridge was for and they didn't charge us.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I, too, absolutely LOVE Pop Century and usually do the cooler thing too for our milk and Sunny D. My wife wanted to buy a cheap college dorm sized fridge now while all the back to school sales are on for our trip next March, but I had second thoughts after posting a thread on these forums a month or two ago. Most people who answered me told me it was frowned upon to bring your own appliances into the rooms, so I told my wife that we might just be better going with the cooler again. :shrug:

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

thanks for the tip about the free fridge if you have a need for baby formula. DW and I are expecting our first daughter Anastasia, and before we just brought a cooler to use.

Upvote 0

bluefaery

When my exboyfriend and I stayed at POP back in Feb we rented a fridge. When I went down to the front desk to talk to them about renting a fridge I guess I talked to the right guy because we ended up getting it for FREE. We had it for 7 days and was never charged. When the front desk clerk told me this, not trying to press my luck, I asked him why and he told me that I should consider it a birthday gift from the resort.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I, too, absolutely LOVE Pop Century and usually do the cooler thing too for our milk and Sunny D. My wife wanted to buy a cheap college dorm sized fridge now while all the back to school sales are on for our trip next March, but I had second thoughts after posting a thread on these forums a month or two ago. Most people who answered me told me it was frowned upon to bring your own appliances into the rooms, so I told my wife that we might just be better going with the cooler again. :shrug:

A fridge isn't a problem, it's the appliances that cook that are the ones not permitted in the rooms because it is a safety issue (microwaves, toaster ovens, hot plates). Since they are willing to put a fridge in the room for a charge, it's not a problem to bring your own.

Upvote 0

brucie

Use it then return it? :eek: Under what pretense?

Under any pretense you want. Walmart gives at least 30 days full refund if you are not completely happy. I had a friend who bought a 50 inch Plasma for a party from Walmart then returned it the next day when he was finished with it. It's not for everyone but it's an idea

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

The last time I was down there, I actually got a room with a fridge in it...and I didn't ask for it and I didn't have to pay for it either. I don't know why there ended up being a fridge in my room, but it was a nice perk.

Don't know if it had to do with the fact that we were in a handicapped room or what it was...but it was there, plain as day. I kept my bottles of water in it.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

The last time I was down there, I actually got a room with a fridge in it...and I didn't ask for it and I didn't have to pay for it either. I don't know why there ended up being a fridge in my room, but it was a nice perk.

Don't know if it had to do with the fact that we were in a handicapped room or what it was...but it was there, plain as day. I kept my bottles of water in it.

It's because you were in a handicapped room. They come free of charge in all the handicapped rooms at the values.

Upvote 0

kjd469

Under any pretense you want. Walmart gives at least 30 days full refund if you are not completely happy. I had a friend who bought a 50 inch Plasma for a party from Walmart then returned it the next day when he was finished with it. It's not for everyone but it's an idea

Wow...now I've heard it all. I didn't realize Walmart was in the lending business. I guess these are same people who feel it's their "right" to pool-hop and re-use mugs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom