Pop Century is sold out for my dates.. ;( Should I go with all-stars ?

SpykeYs

Hi,

I plan to go March1st to March7th. I verified at POP Century and there are no rooms available.

Any idea if some should clear soon ?

Other then Pop Century, which all-star do you suggest.

Thanks!

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Nevermind, seems everything is now avail...

:|

Well, Is POP the best value option ?

#2, If I go to disney with my vehicule and I stay at Pop Century, I understand I will receive a parking pass.

Is this pass valid for the theme parks too ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Well I've only stayed at ASMovies and Pop, and Pop is my favorite hands down. Mostly for the theming, but as I'm sure others will soon chime in with, the bus service is excellent compared to the All Stars. Not that I would never stay in the AS again, but unless it's booked up or someone else in the group is picky, I'm all about staying at Pop.

Yes, as a resort guest I'm pretty positive you get free parking at the theme parks as well.

Upvote 0

coltow

Yes the parking pass will work at the parks, but my advice is to take the bus to MK. If you drive it can easily take you another 30 minutes to get from car to park gate. The bus drops you off right at the gate.

We love Pop too!

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Cool! Yes we will finally stay at pop I was able to book.

I understand that as you suggested, for MK I should take the bus because otherwise I will have to park at TC and then take boat or monorail to MK.

However, what do you suggest for AK, Epcot and HS. Should I take my vehicule or take the bus still ?

I think also with CAA/AAA you can get a VIP Parking pass.

Thx for the advice :)

Can't wait to go back!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed at Pop, ASMu and ASMo. In a few weeks I will have a stay at AS Sports under my belt. Pop is better than the 2 ASR I have stayed at. Basically everything you can come up with at the value resorts Disney improved at Pop.

Most people will tell you to drive to DAK, DHS and Epcot because of the time issue. For me, I look forward to parking my truck at my resort and forgetting about until I have to go home. It just depends on what you are after. Definitely bus to MK though.

Upvote 0

DreamAurora

I've stayed at POP, ASMU and ASMO. My favorite is actually the Allstar movies. I love the theming and honestly I haven't had any problems with the bus system. At the end of the night the bus always seemed to be crowded but that was true of all the value resorts.

I like the food court more than pop or ASMU. I also like the Allstars because you can hop onto a different Allstar bus to go home and save yourself some time.

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

I agree, POP is the best value resort. Last May we stayed at All-Star Sports for the first 5 nights of our trip and AS Movies the last night, and Sports was heads and shoulders above Movies with regards to the room. It was amazing how much improvement we experienced due to the room renovation at Sports that has yet to take place at Movies (or at least to the section we were in).

As far as transportation... we always stay on property and drive everywhere, even to MK. I'm sure by the time you walk to the bus stop, wait for one, and get over to the MK the time is about the same. Even if it's not, we like the freedom of taking our own vehicle.

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Nevermind, seems everything is now avail...

:|

Well, Is POP the best value option ?

#2, If I go to disney with my vehicule and I stay at Pop Century, I understand I will receive a parking pass.

Is this pass valid for the theme parks too ?

Thanks!

We enjoyed Pop back in October. You get in MK much quicker taking the bus, than driving. No boat or monorail to delay things and you won't miss the long walk out to the car in a parking lot. Although #18 bus stop seemed almost as far at night. :lol:

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Sounds good! I'll take the bus ehe! :)

I will be going from March1st to March8th. What do you guys think about the crowds ? I've heard march is very busy, but also heard that first week is not busy at all.

Anyone knows ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Of the values we have stayed at, POP, ASMu, ASSp, we like POP way above the others. It really diodn't feel like we were at a value. Everything was gret from soup to nuts. ASSp was a great resort but the foreign teams that were there were not. ASMu was not a great experience for us...too many things wrong.

March weather should be nice. Not too cold and not too hot. Crowds, I am not sure of but hey, it's Disney so who cares. :)

Upvote 0

CentralFLgirl

March is Spring break time in Florida, But that's usually the last 2 weeks or so, you should be fine with the crowds (but you never know of course.) I went the 3rd of March this year and walked on to everything! It was great!

Upvote 0

fascion216

i stayed at the all star music for the first time in october.. it was WONDERFUL! i stayed in the rock-inn facing all star sports and it was very quiet, housekeeping was very good, and i really enjoyed the pools. they have a ton of kids activities and they inflate a big screen near the pool at night at show movies such as high school musical 2, ect. i might stay at the POP this coming october so i can compare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom