Poor condition of Magic Kingdom

LivinwtheLand

Walt Disney World has been the gold standard for park maintenance and upkeep. Sacrificing sight lines for pictures at slow times of the year is what must be done. Compare to this-take a walk through the cue line of the Jurassic Park ride at IOA and witness the scaled down model of the island. The thing has been covered in mountains of dust and gunk for a year at least. The plexi and paint on the model are way over due for a refresh. The regular upkeep and maintenance is what separates Disney Parks from the rest.

LivinwtheLand

Walt Disney World has always been the gold standard when it comes to upkeep and maintenance. Sacrificing some sight lines for pictures at slower times of the year is the price that must be paid. As an example, witness the scaled down model of the island of Jurassic Park in the cue for the Jurassic Park ride at USIOA. The model has been covered in mountains of dust and gunk for YEARS. The constant upkeep and maintenance is what separates WDW from the rest.

dixiegirl

Well I just got back from the Magic Kingdom after waiting almost 30 min for the monorail. There was a giant crane working on the castle today, as well as scrims all over the place. The entire park is in POOR condition, plus tinkerbell did not fly in Wishes!!!! It was not even windy!!!!! I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I am ready to go home! Worst Disney vacation I've ever had.

You know, normally I would just read and move on, but Come on!!! I mean Your ready to go home because of a freakin crane??And Tink not flying? Oh and that thing called maintence? Almost every year that I've been to Disney there is a Crane somewhere(kinda like a joke now in our family), am I ready to go home ? Uh no! Last year there was work being done like crazy in Fantasyland ,did I call it a day and say thats it? Seriously your vacation is that bad that your ready to call it quits? Its Disney things need to to be Rehabbed, refurbished and basically closed, is it unforunate that its during a vacation that you saved and planned for ? Yes, but you really need to make the most of it! First be happy that you can even afford to go, second your not at home or at work your AWAY!!!!!
Pretty sad is all I can say, but then again there are those people that complain if there is a tiny chip of paint missing from a garbage can on Main street.
I know people hold such High Standards because It is Disney and I get it, But people if you dont like it and your going to nit pick everything stay home. Make more room for the rest of us!!

dixiegirl

Ah insights from my 11 yr old about the crane , " its kinda like a character we can get our picture taken with it but we can't get its autograph!"

Love that!

coachz

Well I just got back from the Magic Kingdom after waiting almost 30 min for the monorail. There was a giant crane working on the castle today, as well as scrims all over the place. The entire park is in POOR condition, plus tinkerbell did not fly in Wishes!!!! It was not even windy!!!!! I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I am ready to go home! Worst Disney vacation I've ever had.

Would you like to post a picture of your home?:wave:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

:ROFLOL:

Walt Disney World has been the gold standard for park maintenance and upkeep. Sacrificing sight lines for pictures at slow times of the year is what must be done. Compare to this-take a walk through the cue line of the Jurassic Park ride at IOA and witness the scaled down model of the island. The thing has been covered in mountains of dust and gunk for a year at least. The plexi and paint on the model are way over due for a refresh. The regular upkeep and maintenance is what separates Disney Parks from the rest.

Disney World USED to be the gold standard for park maintenance and upkeep. No longer.

WDWLOYAL1971

Really? It's sad that you base the value of your vacation on a crane and whether or not Tinkerbell flies in wishes. If there weren't any refurbishments going on, it would just be the same old thing. Thank God for refurbs! Yes, maintenance isn't what it used to be, but I don't base the magic on that.

scottnj1966

I for one am glad they are doing so much work on the Magic Kingdom. It was needing lots done to get it back to its original glory. I hope they repair every part of the park.

With that said, I can understand when you go to the MK and you see something runing the view of the castle or some other icon of the parks that it would upset you, but it should not ruin your vacation.
Disney needs to do a better job letting guests know what to expect ( use their website) if something they are doing may interrupt your day. That way you can plan around it.

The lights do have to come down, and up, but they should do it alot faster when they do have to do it.

COProgressFan

Just an aside, one of the OP's original complaints was the crane removing the castle lights.

There is absolutely no reason, in terms of logistics, why the lights couldn't be removed with overnight crews. The only reason they do this during the day, in full magical view of daily park guests, is because the cost is cheaper.

So it is a very valid complaint.

TestTrack

Just an aside, one of the OP's original complaints was the crane removing the castle lights.

There is absolutely no reason, in terms of logistics, why the lights couldn't be removed with overnight crews. The only reason they do this during the day, in full magical view of daily park guests, is because the cost is cheaper.

So it is a very valid complaint.

Besides the fact that that would require moving and setting up a giant crane on a daily basis.

Is it possible? Sure...realistic? No.

the-reason14

I can't help but smirk and think how ironic it is that people here are bashing the op for what he's complaining about, when they more then likely do the same thing just with different things. It may not seem big or worthy of a complaint in your eyes, but neither is one burnt out light bulb and the speck of gum in the Pirates queue. People are gonna complain about what they want, and if they see justification in that then so be it. I wouldn't want to see a bunch of walls and cranes during my trip either, but I sure would rather be there then at home/work/school.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The current exterior refurbs are a great thing. The building exteriors are looking in fantastic shape now. These should not be discouraged.

The crane, well it is a 1 week job to get the lights down, for what is a massively popular show. It is an annual event now in January, so if a crane destroys your vacation, you need to be looking at visiting outside of the holiday prep season.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Besides the fact that that would require moving and setting up a giant crane on a daily basis.

Is it possible? Sure...realistic? No.
Actually, given the time restrictions of third shift it might not even be possible. Depending on what kind of crane they are using set up time alone can take 2-4 hours. Break down time tends to be a little less. On a midnight closing they would have just enough time to set up the crane then break it down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom