Poor condition of Magic Kingdom

C&D

MK in poor condition? No
Less than optimal? Okay, I'll let you slide on that one.
A work in processs? Always (and that's a good thing).

wsmith1978

When you say there are scrims all over the place, what do you mean? I know about the one on Main Street, and of course ConstructionWallLand, but where else in Magic Kingdom is this a problem? I'm going in 16 days and I'd like to not be bombarded with scrims. Maybe I'd rather not know... Hopefully the crane will be gone by then!

SleepingMonk

The only thing we noticed other than the regular construction/refurbs was a major decline in general cleanliness.

Garbage cans spilling over, trash along the walkways and dirty tables in several counter service restaurants.

ETA: This was during the end of the park day so I'm not sure if they cut back on staff numbers during that time.

COProgressFan

Besides the fact that that would require moving and setting up a giant crane on a daily basis.

Is it possible? Sure...realistic? No.

Of course its realistic. I'm not suggesting they bring the crane in and out of the park each night. It would stay behind construction walls right behind the castle where it always sits while the lights are put up and down. When the park is cleared, they would set up work lights to illuminate the areas they are working and remove the lights.

I'm just suggesting that its really not more difficult to do at night than it is to do during the day, just the labor is more expensive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Of course its realistic. I'm not suggesting they bring the crane in and out of the park each night. It would stay behind construction walls right behind the castle where it always sits while the lights are put up and down. When the park is cleared, they would set up work lights to illuminate the areas they are working and remove the lights.

I'm just suggesting that its really not more difficult to do at night than it is to do during the day, just the labor is more expensive.
No it is not. In all likely hood it is not even mathematically possible. Depending on what kind of crane they are using it takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to assemble a 300' crane. It then takes another 2-4 hours to take it apart again. Cranes of that size do not simply fold up at the touch of a button. Even with a 9:00 PM closing they might get in just a few hours of work at best which would require that crane to be there for months to get the job done. Push the closing back to midnight or later and they do not even have enough time assemble and disassemble the crane.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The only thing we noticed other than the regular construction/refurbs was a major decline in general cleanliness.

Garbage cans spilling over, trash along the walkways and dirty tables in several counter service restaurants.

ETA: This was during the end of the park day so I'm not sure if they cut back on staff numbers during that time.

I think it's more to do with a lot of areas being slammed at that time and it takes time for custodial to get around to all the locations. I know I pick up things on the ground as I'm walking to/from break, but seems I'm the minority these days.

ToTBellHop

I think it's more to do with a lot of areas being slammed at that time and it takes time for custodial to get around to all the locations. I know I pick up things on the ground as I'm walking to/from break, but seems I'm the minority these days.

There have been some stupid custodial decisions of late, though--for example the fact that custodial no longer cleans queue lines. That HAS led to a real mess (overflowing trash cans, trash on the floor, etc.). Foolish decision. I noticed lots of overflowing trash cans during my trip. Clearly, something has changed. And I actually thought the MK looked great (except for Splash of course). Main Street, Frontierland, and Fantasyland are really starting to shine...from behind full trash cans.

Pioneer Hall

There have been some stupid custodial decisions of late, though--for example the fact that custodial no longer cleans queue lines. That HAS led to a real mess (overflowing trash cans, trash on the floor, etc.). Foolish decision. I noticed lots of overflowing trash cans during my trip. Clearly, something has changed. And I actually thought the MK looked great (except for Splash of course). Main Street, Frontierland, and Fantasyland are really starting to shine...from behind full trash cans.

What's interesting is that I see inconsistencies with that system. When I was waiting for the HM after the stretching room, there was a custodial CM emptying the trash. However, I also think that part of the issue in some queue's is the lack of trash cans as well. When I was walking through the queue on pirates last week (walk on since it was already about 10pm), I saw the effect of a day of not cleaning up as well. There was a lot of trash on the floor, but I didn't notice many cans in that long queue. I think that even if ops has to clean up the line, they could benefit from more garbage cans along the way.

ddbowdoin

am I the only person who if I see a loaded trashcan, I'll just put my trash in my backpack or pocket and throw it away when I see another can somewhere else. It's like you know its going to make a mess and that doesn't excuse the fact that it isnt being emptied... but common sense people! I treat Disney like its my home... never once have I ever littered, or felt the need to bring a little magic home by stealing something, or write my name on any piece of the property. I know this sounds sad, but I honestly feel like its an extension of my home... I just love it that much

rangerbob

I guess they would rather have Disney work like Six Flags. Rip part of the building barely put up a piece of marking tape to stop people from walking in and have workcrews with their holey pants and dropped down to their knees working at the park. I think they are doing a great job with how they are doing the work around the parks. Have fun on your trip to Six Flags when you get out of the parks and hotel tonight.

mimitchi33

The day that we run out of things to complain about is the....

You're telling us they will start complaining about the restrooms near Splash Mountain? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To the OP, they were just taking down Christmas lights. Next time you go, if you still hate it, go to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Even the water parks would be good if it's open that day.

Nemo14

I guess this would explain how absolutely filthy the floor was inside Buzz Lightyear's Ranger Spin on Saturday night. I've never seen it look like that before.

disney fan 13

To the OP... Please don't post things that you say are wrong but are really right....

Give's the people with real complaints less credibility...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom