Pool Hopping

_Scar

Who gives a crap! :)

I feel like if you stay at say... POFQ then you shoukd be able to enjoy the Beach Club's pool once during your trip!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Who gives a crap! :)

I feel like if you stay at say... POFQ then you shoukd be able to enjoy the Beach Club's pool once during your trip!

I think at the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge, that's not a big problem as there is really nothing special about those pools. But if everybody could do that, imagine the madhouse at Yacht and Beach's pool. It would be out of control.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

But if everybody could do that, imagine the madhouse at Yacht and Beach's pool. It would be out of control.

corey154 said:
ok, don't shoot me on here...lol, but my vote is who cares. I've never done it, but it doesn't bother me if someone else does.

Which is why it shouldn't be tolerated - if YOU were paying to stay at the Yacht + Beach and went to the pool only to find it crowded due to other resort guests, I'd bet your bottom dollar you'd be moaning you a$$ off about it.

If the world (and WDW) could exist in harmony without rules then there'd be no need for any - until that day, follow the rules and don't allow your own selfishness to spoil somebody elses party :D

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

I voted who gives a crap, but I also think it's waaayyyyy too much trouble to lug swimsuits, towels, etc... around the parks to hop in another resort pool. I just wouldn't think to waste my time.

Just how many people really do it?

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

Which is why it shouldn't be tolerated - if YOU were paying to stay at the Yacht + Beach and went to the pool only to find it crowded due to other resort guests, I'd bet your bottom dollar you'd be moaning you a$$ off about it.

If the world (and WDW) could exist in harmony without rules then there'd be no need for any - until that day, follow the rules and don't allow your own selfishness to spoil somebody elses party :D

Disney figured out that people were hopping in the Y&B Pool so they require wristbands for onsite guests to swim. I think the issue is with the monorail resorts pools but I suppose Disney could do the same there. Wonder why they don't?

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'm pretty sure I'd be too involved in my own vacation to notice if someone was 'pool hopping'. Heck, I think it would be really hard to tell from just looking at someone in/around the pool if they aren't staying at that resort. :shrug:

Personally I'd never do it myself because it seems like a total pain in the butt to cart everything over to another resort and worry about changing, wet clothes, Disney Transportation, etc.

Just my $0.02

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

Good point. Just how does one know a "pool hopper?" Do they have a special bag, a sign on their head? Do they look suspicious? :shrug:

I just wouldn't know who belonged there and who didn't, nor would I care to waste my time figuring it out.

Upvote 0

Philo

It's polls like this that really make me love this place. If I try to talk to anyone else (other than my wife) about these things they just don't care.

I remember a thread with Merf a couple of years ago which turned in to a full scale argument over the type of light installed in EPCOT to illuminate SSE. Where else but a Disney forum would people care so much!

Anyway. This poll is a little silly and we all know it's only going to end one way but it bought a smile to my face.

Upvote 0

Philo

Good point. Just how does one know a "pool hopper?" Do they have a special bag, a sign on their head? Do they look suspicious? :shrug:

You can always see who they are from the wet footprints leading from the pool to the nearest form of transportation....:p

Honestly, I don't know how you would know and I guess that's a big part of the problem.

I've got a vague memory in the back of my head that when we visited the pool at DLP, you needed to show your room key in order to get access. I guess it's a little different because the pools there are indoors thanks to the much colder weather.

I know that for the Miracosta at TDL, they actually charge you to use the pool and it's not cheap (I think it was about £10 (or approx $17) per day!).

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The poll does not offer enough options.

where is the "fantastic - not to be missed" option?

There is a fourth option as well.

"It is against the rules, but I do it anyway and I don't make lame excuses about how Disney is so expensive, or it should be free, or wah wah wah. I own up to it and say 'I am breaking the rules' "

Anyone who has the stones to admit it is free to come swim in my WL pool in August.

As for myself, I can't be bothered pool hopping. Heck, most of the time I can't be bothered walking to the feature pool if I am near a quiet pool.

I think the only time I 'hopped' (and I believe it was a 'legal hop' as I am DVC) was from AKL to Kidani village.

-dave

Upvote 0
if ur spending ur money at Disney then why not? if ur staying in Disney then why not?..... i dont think its wrong at all, have i done it? yeah just once.

say ur family is staying at a certain hotel and ur staying at an other, both being disney... whats the harm if u use the pool technically u pay for the pool use..... idk i just dont see it being bad as long as ur a Disney guest and you dont cause trouble

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

if ur spending ur money at Disney then why not? if ur staying in Disney then why not?..... i dont think its wrong at all, have i done it? yeah just once.

say ur family is staying at a certain hotel and ur staying at an other, both being disney... whats the harm if u use the pool technically u pay for the pool use..... idk i just dont see it being bad as long as ur a Disney guest and you dont cause trouble

Because if I save my money to stay at a deluxe resort, with the nicer pools, and they're inundated with people who aren't staying there, but they're staying at a Disney resort so they think that makes it OK, I'd be good and pi*sed.

In the grand scheme of things, as long as I'm not prevented from using the pool at the resort I paid to stay, there's no way for me to personally know who's a resort guest and who isn't so I'm not going to waste my energy playing Pool Hopping Spy. But I also would be pleased as punch if, at the very least, the moderate and deluxe resorts started wristbanding all guests to minimize pool hoppers. Maybe not every day, maybe just during busier seasons. OR, if someone REALLY wants to be able to jump in the pool of a resort they're visiting let 'em pay a $5 surcharge. I mean, if you REALLY want to pool hop, what's another $20 for a family of four? And if that discourages them from getting in my way, it's win win (for me)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Because Disney says you are not allowed to - period; end of story.

If you want to do it, then fine do it, but have the minerals to clearly state what you are doing and don't pansy dance around the fact you are breaking the rules.

My offer is now upped. The first person who pool hops to WL while I am there and then has the ability to man (or woman) up and say "Yeah, it's a rule, and I am breaking it pure and simple" gets a beer on me.

I really have no problem with pool hopping, I have a problem with people making lame excuses for their actions.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom