Pool Hopping

glee

Obviously, this has been done to death. Not sure if I've ever seen a poll on it though. What's your take?

Dont worry Honey, There have been worse threads! Some people are just slightly rude :animwink:

I personally dont mind pool hopping. Ive never done it myself but i dont see the harm if your staying inside of disney.If people are taking all the sun beds that would get me annoyed! :)

Does anyone know if you can still go and see the boardwalk even if your not staying in a disney hotel. Can someone message or comment me the answer please!:confused:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Dont worry Honey, There have been worse threads! Some people are just slightly rude :animwink:

I personally dont mind pool hopping. Ive never done it myself but i dont see the harm if your staying inside of disney.If people are taking all the sun beds that would get me annoyed! :)

Does anyone know if you can still go and see the boardwalk even if your not staying in a disney hotel. Can someone message or comment me the answer please!:confused:

You are free to use the Boardwalk (if fact you are free to use any resort) you just are not supposed to go into the pool

If you are off site and want to go to WL and rent an Aquaracer, there is nothing to stop you.

-dave

Upvote 0

corey154

I bet some of you guys really love the people who book a dinner ressie and bring their suits for swimming after dinner when they're not even staying at a disney resort...lol...just thought i'd stir the pot a little more.

Upvote 0

glee

You are free to use the Boardwalk (if fact you are free to use any resort) you just are not supposed to go into the pool

If you are off site and want to go to WL and rent an Aquaracer, there is nothing to stop you.

-dave

Thankyou very much. :):):)

Appreciate it!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

If it were a rampant, problem-causing thing, I can see being concerned with it. As it is, I'm not going to mess up my vacation by worrying about it or someone else's by pointing out to them that they shouldn't be doing it.

Who REALLY wants to spend the time it takes to pool hop, anyway? If they do, they must not be in the park causing my lines to be longer...

This whole subject is just a big trolling attempt. It gets people revved up. So, every few weeks someone has to bring it up.

Maybe we should just make a pact. Instead of having multiple threads about pool hopping, refillable mugs, etc., let's just have a 'discussion' about whether you can use last year's refillable mugs when you are an offsite pool hopper who has parked at DTD for free.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I bet some of you guys really love the people who book a dinner ressie and bring their suits for swimming after dinner when they're not even staying at a disney resort...lol...just thought i'd stir the pot a little more.

No because the get cramp and drown, instant karma

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Who REALLY wants to spend the time it takes to pool hop, anyway? If they do, they must not be in the park causing my lines to be longer...

Despite my feelings about pool hopping, even I can see that in many instances it wouldn't be that time-consuming to do.

Consider this, you bus (or you drive) to get to the Magic Kingdom. You're there at park opening, and you're wearing bathing suits under (or instead of) your shorts or pants. Early afternoon, MK's getting crowded, you walk or monorail to the Contemporary, get lunch, jump in the pool. You had towels in your bag, or you "Borrowed" towels from the DVC pool area, or after you're done swimming you just lounge in a sunchair until you're dry. Then you go back to the parks.

You can say the same thing about going to Epcot or the Studios then walking or boating to Boardwalk. Or going to MK and monorail-ing it to Poly or GF, or boating to WL. Or maybe you're spending the day at DTD and you decide to "take a break" at any of the resorts with boat access.

You're not basing your day around pool hopping, but you decide you're close enough to a pool and you'd rather not go through all the trouble of going to YOUR resort, after all, you spent SOME money at Disney, and are therefore entitled to ALL things at Disney. Want to sneak into Poly's concierge floor and eat the free snacks and get some free soda? Why not? You bought a turkey leg earlier so you're entitled. Feel like a little dine 'n dash? Well, I bought breakfast, so lunch should be free! And why should I have to pay for a behind-the-scenes tour? Those people are working anyway, regardless of whether or not I pay, so they may as well give me everything I want, because I bought some soap at Basin a few days ago. :shrug:

Upvote 0

partyoffour

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

People get so mad over this thread. Here's some popcorn sit back and watch the show ....................

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Consider this, you bus (or you drive) to get to the Magic Kingdom. You're there at park opening, and you're wearing bathing suits under (or instead of) your shorts or pants. Early afternoon, MK's getting crowded, you walk or monorail to the Contemporary, get lunch, jump in the pool. You had towels in your bag, or you "Borrowed" towels from the DVC pool area, or after you're done swimming you just lounge in a sunchair until you're dry. Then you go back to the parks.

You should write a book on that. It sounds like great fun!

Yes, what you just described bothers some people on these boards a whole lot more than it bothers a lot of the people who are working the resorts. :shrug: I would go so far as to say that the rule against this conduct you mention is often times not enforced at all. The resort staff are usually very accommodating to the day guests who eat lunch or dinner, buy drinks at the pool bar and shop in the resort stores, whether they decide to enjoy the swimming pool or not.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhh.....I recall being "Jumped" by some forum members last year for thinking people should stop complaining that the park closed early for Mickeys Very merry Christmas party.

(FYI if you knew about it ahead of time than how can you be upset about it???? go another day or pay for the party)

It seems ive stumbled into another one of these double edged sword posting again..........

I think as long as People who have paid for the right to use the pool at the resort they are staying at arent being put out in some way theres no big deal.

I will also say that if people just knew how to behave themselfs and act like they cared about other people there would be a lot less stress in the world as a whole.

I have never gotten the attitude of people who feel like ....................."Ive spent my money at wdw and I now have full reign over the entire place and will do as I wish at the misery of all those around me"

Just be considerate of people REGUARLESS of where you are.

I had a woman at Universal tell my daughter she had to move at the Sinbad show a few years back because she was promised that seat by one of the employees at an earlier show...............Yeah:drevil: , My daughter stayed put and This lady gave me the stare of death for the entire show.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I would go so far as to say that the rule against this conduct you mention is often times not enforced at all. The resort staff are usually very accommodating to the day guests who eat lunch or dinner, buy drinks at the pool bar and shop in the resort stores, whether they decide to enjoy the swimming pool or not.

Well, that kinda sorta makes no sense. There's no rule or policy saying people can't be "day guests" at a resort, dine at restaurants, spend money in shops, drink at the bars. So why wouldn't CMs at the resorts be accommodating?

On the flip-flop, there is a rule specifying that, with some exceptions, pool hopping is forbidden. You're right in that this particular rule seemingly isn't enforced all that often. And I'm not trying to sound like the pool Nazi, or like Daffy Duck in that old cartoon when he's shrunk to the size of a mouse, clutching that pearl going "NO NO NO! DOWN DOWN DOWN! MINE MINE MINE! I'm rich, I'm a happy miser." I've only been in one resort, one time, where the main pool was overwhelmed with guests. But if I found out that people who were not resort guests were preventing me from using the pool, I'd have every right to be upset. I'd prefer that, at the very least, during peak periods over the course of the year, lifeguards start asking to see resort ID.

And as I believe phonedave had written once or thrice, it's not the "breaking the rule" that's infuriating as much as it is the attempt to justify it. "I don't care that I'm not staying at this resort, I'd rather swim here than at the pool at my resort" is a douchey way to think, but far less douchier than thinking "Disney's getting my money elsewhere, so I should be able to do what I want." One is acknowledging you're trying to get away with getting more than what you paid for; the other implies that you're *entitled* to more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom