Pooh's Pointless Preview!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm sorry, this one is just up there on the "too silly not to mention" scale..

August 30 and 31st, Magic Kingdom Cast Members will have a preview of Pooh's Playful Spot from 9am to 5pm. The preview is for MK cast only - no friends, no family.

Anyone else see the irony in that? A play area for children with a preview for adults only? What are they going to do - see who can actually fit in the slide?

Maybe everyone will take turns sitting on the benches!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Strangely enough, they did it also for the new pillows and mattresses in the resorts - which kinda makes sense, plus the Cast had a few unauthorized pillow fights to see if the deluxe pillows really were better than the values.

Sometimes i feel like the angry boy - Mike Teevee - from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when he says "Why is everything here completely pointless?"

dflye

This is similar to the advertising material used in dog food commercials, where they claim "Best tasting kibble ever!!!!" So, who exactly was wearing the lab coat that day when they did the taste test, and who had the collar around their neck while eating a bowl of kibble with a spoon? :lol:

At least with our dogs, they'll "recycle" on occasion :hurl: , so I know they'll eat absolute crap with the same speed and excitement as if I'd given them top sirlion! So the whole "best tasting" claim is absolute malarkey!

On a more serious note, hopefully they were checking for things like how much shade was in the parental seating area, how safe the area looked for jump-happy youngsters, how easy it is to keep an eye on kids, etc.

From personal experience taking my 3 year old son into the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" play area, the layout is horrible if you are there by yourself (heck even with my wife there, it was a pain) and are trying to figure out where your kid goes after he slides down from the top of the main climbing area. And once in those holes under that area, even harder to find them in there if you have to practically crawl on your belly to get into the various cramped hidden areas with minimal lighting.

As our son zipped down the slide, I was leaning over the top of the wall to figure out where he was going once he reached the bottom, and my wife was roaming down below. He still managed to zip around and get far enough into the hidden areas below that by the time I pointed out to my wife where he had gone in, he was long gone!

That and if you've ever tried to crawl under there carrying a backpack, doesn't matter how skinny you are, you'll think you were doing some military drill involving creeping under barb-wire fences! :eek:

Pioneer Hall

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense, but there is probably some sort of reason to it as opposed to opening it a couple of days earlier.

mkepcotmgmak

what about this...

Not all CMs always get around the parks, due to work schedules, and LIFE... I found it odd when i worked in Adventureland, that I hardly EVER made it to the other side of the park!

Maybe they are giving their CMs at MK an exclusive look, so they know what Guests are talking about, and know what to tell their Guests with questions about Pooh's Playful Spot!?!? :veryconfu

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
mkepcotmgmak said:
what about this...

Not all CMs always get around the parks, due to work schedules, and LIFE... I found it odd when i worked in Adventureland, that I hardly EVER made it to the other side of the park!

Maybe they are giving their CMs at MK an exclusive look, so they know what Guests are talking about, and know what to tell their Guests with questions about Pooh's Playful Spot!?!? :veryconfu

Don't bring reason into this discussion... :animwink:

Sherm00

this is ok. it will allow employees to see it first and also get good employee feedback even though they can't really use it. you know someone is going to try the slide anyway.

wdwpooh1027

O come on..

Ok....I am a Winnie the Pooh nut..so I have to say that I am pretty excited about the play area. Now I won't be playing but I will walk through it and see what it is like..so I would like to say give them some credit. It is good for the families that have kids.

Connor002

i don't even like pooh that much, but i'd try it out

of course it would only be to make sure it's safe for the kiddies :lookaroun

i wonder if 5'8" is too tall for it... :lookaroun

The_CEO

Merf - I also find this pointless.. Especially considering you can't bring friends and family? Isn't that where the kids are? Why not let the kids test it out.. That makes PERFECT sense.

DisneyFreak529

You mean it's gona be a playground & no meet and greet!!!
That is pretty pointless. The only cool thing about the Honey I shrunk the kids play area is it looks cool, but once you have seen it you have had enough. Maybe if I had kids it would spark my interest. To bad I'm a really big pooh fan I had my hopes set on a really cool meet and greet!! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom