Pooh's Pointless Preview!

imagineersrock

Haha...Seriously, it looks a lot more bare than I had imagined. Ohwell.. I'm sure the hundreds of screaming kids will liven up the place! :lol:

yensidtlaw1969

General Grizz said:
Not bare....

....it's bear!
That reminds me . . .

Pooh has now officially killed 3 attractions (almost kinda technically).

First - Mr. Toads Wild ride.

Second - Disneyland's Country Bear Jamboree

Third - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (well, if you count it. It wasn't closed so Pooh could be placed there, but in the long run Pooh replaced 20K, so thats a technicality).

Oh, while everyone has been calling it Poohs Playful spot for a while (I don't believe it was officially confirmed), I can 100% confirm that Pooh's Playful Spot is infact the name. I just got back from my yearly trip to WDW, and while looking through a hole in the wall the wooden fence goes through, I spotted a red sign with Roo on it Saying "Poohs Playful Spot " and something about children 5 years of age. I'd tell you exactly what it said, but I couldn't quite read it - it was night when I noticed the sign and I need glasses, but I assume that they want children younger than that accompanied by an adult, or no one over can play there, I really am not sure. I'd show you a pic of the sign, but my camera battery gave out several hours before I saw it. The sign is on a pole about 3 1/2 feet tall, and is on the right side of the entrance. If the name has already been 100% confirmed, please excuse the ramble, but I was just making sure you people knew.

Now excuse me while I go and be put-off by the fact that I missed the opening by one day :cry: .

Yensidtlaw1969

Tigger1988

yensidtlaw1969 said:
That reminds me . . .

Pooh has now officially killed 3 attractions (almost kinda technically).

First - Mr. Toads Wild ride.

Second - Disneyland's Country Bear Jamboree

Third - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (well, if you count it. It wasn't closed so Pooh could be placed there, but in the long run Pooh replaced 20K, so thats a technicality).

Oh, while everyone has been calling it Poohs Playful spot for a while (I don't believe it was officially confirmed), I can 100% confirm that Pooh's Playful Spot is infact the name. I just got back from my yearly trip to WDW, and while looking through a hole in the wall the wooden fence goes through, I spotted a red sign with Roo on it Saying "Poohs Playful Spot " and something about children 5 years of age. I'd tell you exactly what it said, but I couldn't quite read it - it was night when I noticed the sign and I need glasses, but I assume that they want children younger than that accompanied by an adult, or no one over can play there, I really am not sure. I'd show you a pic of the sign, but my camera battery gave out several hours before I saw it. The sign is on a pole about 3 1/2 feet tall, and is on the right side of the entrance. If the name has already been 100% confirmed, please excuse the ramble, but I was just making sure you people knew.

Now excuse me while I go and be put-off by the fact that I missed the opening by one day :cry: .

Yensidtlaw1969

Pooh didn't kill 20k in any sense...the ride has been gone for years and the area was empty...

imagineer boy

Wow. It had some nice themeing, I'll give them that, but it was very empty. They could've done so much more. What a waste of space. :mad:

General Grizz

Woulda/should/coulda... is it effective? Maybe not... but I can't resist:

What if Disneyland kept the Country Bears, Walt Disney World kept Toad, and Disney built Pooh's Hunny Hunt over the abandoned 20K area??? :D

"Wow" factor and park guest satisfaction would probably have increased 500% for this area, and there would have been no Toad-Ins. :D

speck76

imagineer boy said:
Wow. It had some nice themeing, I'll give them that, but it was very empty. They could've done so much more. What a waste of space. :mad:

It kind of needs to be empty......it will have 100+ kids running around at any given time.....they need space to roam

Magic Maker

speck76 said:
It kind of needs to be empty......it will have 100+ kids running around at any given time.....they need space to roam
Guests did say they need a larger place for their little ones to play. I suggest when anyone goes to MK stop by and see how it is being used by families.

mkepcotmgmak

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Wood chip floor from what I saw when I was there on monday.

Yensidtlaw1969

That's great! I was kind of worried about the kids falling! I know Disney thinks these things through, but just wondering!

yoyoflamingo

speck76 said:

I always prefer the free range children anyway. The others are too gamey.

:lookaroun

NADisney

I just purchased a new book that just came out in this area called ' Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World : An Imagineer's- Eye Tour ' it has a small concept drawing of the Pooh play area..it also discuss's about one of the reasons why the Pooh Ride went into the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride showbuilding and how they are linked from a play in 1929.

This book is a "MUST HAVE" for any Disney nut like me , the stories ,pictures are great and contains things I really didn't know or didn't really pay attention too after all these years of going.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Disney's POP Century April 13 thru 21 2005 :wave:
Disneyland July 14 thru July 18th and Las Vegas July 18th thru July 21 2005 :sohappy:
Disney's POP Century Dec 7 thru Dec 15th 2005 :xmas:

Dayma

I just got back today. I was there when the opened up the area(Later there were a lot of kids). I think I was the only person there with my daugther. She is only 13 months so we just looked around. If you guys want more video and or pics of the area let me know and I can post them on my site.

Overall the area does look nice without 20K lagoon there. That was my favorite ride but the area just looks tidy/fresh now.

I know a lot of people do not like the area but later in the afternoon I saw a ton of kids having fun in the area. It also gives parents a nice place to just sit and relax while their kids run wild.

SirGoofy

blackride said:
I just got back today. I was there when the opened up the area(Later there were a lot of kids). I think I was the only person there with my daugther. She is only 13 months so we just looked around. If you guys want more video and or pics of the area let me know and I can post them on my site.

Overall the area does look nice without 20K lagoon there. That was my favorite ride but the area just looks tidy/fresh now.

I know a lot of people do not like the area but later in the afternoon I saw a ton of kids having fun in the area. It also gives parents a nice place to just sit and relax while their kids run wild.

Golden Fantasmic mention something about a tribute to 20k in Pooh's house. Did you see it?

goldenstate5

Color me unimpressed. (what color would that be exaclty?)

What were they thinking?! Let's really hope this is temporary, I've seen better themed playgrounds at my local park...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
goldenstate5 said:
Color me unimpressed. (what color would that be exaclty?)

What were they thinking?! Let's really hope this is temporary, I've seen better themed playgrounds at my local park...

But it does look better than an empty, abandoned, fenced in lagoon.

Connor002

SirGoofy said:
Golden Fantasmic mention something about a tribute to 20k in Pooh's house. Did you see it?

I heard somewhere that there would be somthing in Pooh's house as well, along the lines of the picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed to owl in the many adventures of winnie the pooh ride.

Has anyone seen it yet?
A picture would be nice...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom