Pleasure Island No Country Music

bigwoowoo248

If any guys go to a country concert, they'll never go back to any other music. Just try it once its amazing. LOL Im not talkin' about the music ;)

disneygoof1

There used to be a club called The Wildhorse Saloon,where Motion is now. Back in 02 they closed it and I got really upset that they closed it. I thought wow Disney wants to have something for everyone at PI, but it didn't work out. I really like the Adventurer's Club and The Comedy Warehouse.

DisneyBuff

How people who don't listen to country music picture country music:

square_dance_postcard.jpg

consider this picture is square dancing Not country dancing, two seprate types of music and dance.

the-reason14

Well I'm not old enough to go clubbing so PI is out for awhile atleast. However, if WDW is suppose to be a place that all cultures should enjoy then I think changing whatever club it was to be the BET club was a smart move, esp if they realized that R&B and Hip hop is/was the new form of the time and has taken a life of its own, and if they wanted to be PC they needed a place for this new genre to be experienced.

I also think that PI should be a place where all genres can be listened to in a specific club, that just seems right. I mean you dont have a dominating race going to WDW anymore, even if PI is not a reason people vacation to WDW. Country music isnt my cup of tea, and what I think about when I think of that genre is nothing something I would want to listen to, the same way I feel toward rock and metal. PI should be there for all the genres, and thats just me.

ChesneyUGA

Anyone who thinks country music is not popular does not know the facts. Who sold the most tickets for 2006 in North America? More than the Rolling Stones, more than Maddona, more than Prince or any other Rap, Rock, or R&B artist. Thats right Kenny Chesney a country singer. Thats not just from touring in so called redneck areas of the south either. He sold out NFL football stadiums in Boston, Pittsburgh, Seattle, LA, Tampa, Nashville and he's adding more Football Stadiums this year. He also sold out Madison Square Garden in NYC in a matter of Minutes, and three consecutive nights in Atlantas Phillips Arena in minutes, which by the way no one else has yet to do. He has made appearances on every major news and talk show such as Good Morning America, The Today Show and Letterman. He had an hour long TV special on ABC Last Fall. He won the most recent peoples choice award for favorite male artist which is voted on by the American public. Country musics success is not just limited to him though. Tim Mgraw and Faith Hill have each had their own TV Specials on Network TV in the past year or two. Toby Kieth has been featurd many times in Ford Commercials singing. The biggest animated movie of the year had a country group rascal flats do a song that was played right in the middle of the movie not just the credits. I could go on all night but I think yall get what Im trying to say.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Anyone who thinks country music is not popular does not know the facts. Who sold the most tickets for 2006 in North America? More than the Rolling Stones, more than Maddona, more than Prince or any other Rap, Rock, or R&B artist. Thats right Kenny Chesney a country singer. Thats not just from touring in so called redneck areas of the south either. He sold out NFL football stadiums in Boston, Pittsburgh, Seattle, LA, Tampa, Nashville and he's adding more Football Stadiums this year. He also sold out Madison Square Garden in NYC in a matter of Minutes, and three consecutive nights in Atlantas Phillips Arena in minutes, which by the way no one else has yet to do. He has made appearances on every major news and talk show such as Good Morning America, The Today Show and Letterman. He had an hour long TV special on ABC Last Fall. He won the most recent peoples choice award for favorite male artist which is voted on by the American public. Country musics success is not just limited to him though. Tim Mgraw and Faith Hill have each had their own TV Specials on Network TV in the past year or two. Toby Kieth has been featurd many times in Ford Commercials singing. The biggest animated movie of the year had a country group rascal flats do a song that was played right in the middle of the movie not just the credits. I could go on all night but I think yall get what Im trying to say.

No one said that country wasn't popular, just that Disney isn't catering to the country element.

Erika

No one said that country wasn't popular, just that Disney isn't catering to the country element.

:lookaroun There's a country element? :lol:

I guess every genre has its stereotypes.

I pretty much like it all, so I guess I am oozing various types of element all over the place :lol:

slappy magoo

I think there are elements of other clubs (notably R&RBC) that a country music fan can enjoy more than an R&B club. To that end, it made sense to forgo a C&W club for a R&B club.

DDuckFan130

A generous person might provide an example of said women.:lookaroun
:lookaroun

Thing is though I have to look hard because pretty/hot to me can be different from your perception :lookaroun

Nelly Furtado is an example of that :lol: She sings Spanish songs.

MouseMadness

What I think of when I think of country music:

cagle2.jpg

mcgraw.jpg

keith%20anderson%201.jpg

AAAAaaaaaaand my favorite

toby-keith-ford.jpg

(The guitar LMAO!! I love it! :sohappy: :lol: ) We saw him on my birthday last year. I think it was the most fun night of my life! And we had TERRIBLE seats LOL

palmage

:lookaroun There's a country element? :lol:

I guess every genre has its stereotypes.

I pretty much like it all, so I guess I am oozing various types of element all over the place :lol:

Stereotype:

Country and Western (we have both kinds here) fans are Slack Jawed Yocals with six teeth listening to Merle Haggard on the porch of their Doublewide with a 6 pack of Natural Lite watching Dale Earnhart on the 12" Black and White with the tin foil on the antenna cause the reception aint to good out here

Oh wait................forgot the Mullet...................on the women:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom