Pleasure Island No Country Music

Erika

Stereotype:

Country and Western (we have both kinds here) fans are Slack Jawed Yocals with six teeth listening to Merle Haggard on the porch of their Doublewide with a 6 pack of Natural Lite watching Dale Earnhart on the 12" Black and White with the tin foil on the antenna cause the reception aint to good out here

Oh wait................forgot the Mullet...................on the women:D

:lol: I know full well there's a stereotype, but I'm from Chicago, where, believe it or not, there are a lot of country fans :lol:

As I said, every genre has its stereotypes, and that can get real ugly if we let it. I listen to just about everything, so I am not likely to get offended. But other people might. So let's try not to get too far into that :D

sknydave

The BET Soundstage used to be a country music "club" (not sure when they changed it, but I am thinking it was at least 5 years ago)...I guess it was more "PC" for Disney to have one more "gangsta" club and one less "redneck" club...

I find it interesting you chastise those who consider country music to be "redneck," yet on the same token you assume anyone who listens to the type of music played in the BET Soundstage to be a "gangsta?"

TomDisney

The BET Soundstage used to be a country music "club" (not sure when they changed it, but I am thinking it was at least 5 years ago)...I guess it was more "PC" for Disney to have one more "gangsta" club and one less "redneck" club...

Just to set the record straight.....The C/W club was the Wildhorse and was shut down about 5 years ago and became Motions, a top-40, video dance bar. BET Soundstage has been around for quite a long time. Wildhorse was shut down when they ended their contract with Disney if I remember correctly (they also used to have a shop in the WestEnd which closed at the same time).

RPMdfw

Just to set the record straight.....The C/W club was the Wildhorse and was shut down about 5 years ago and became Motions, a top-40, video dance bar. BET Soundstage has been around for quite a long time. Wildhorse was shut down when they ended their contract with Disney if I remember correctly (they also used to have a shop in the WestEnd which closed at the same time).

But when Pleasure Island Opened, the Neon Armadillo was the country bar. it was located where BET Soundstage is now.

Where Motion is, was previously Wildhorse Saloon, but before that it was a restaurant called Fireworks Factory.

What I think of when I think of country music:

cagle2.jpg

mcgraw.jpg

keith%20anderson%201.jpg

toby-keith-ford.jpg

thats my idea of country music with the addition of
22517.jpg

my favorite.

Like everyone else said there is a big difference between country music 'back then' and country music today. And it is only getting more and more popular every year. Personally my favorite music is country its all that i listen to. When i change the station not only can i not understand a word that they are saying, but many songs are about ______ and drugs and too vulger, not something i (personally) care to listen to. I would love to see a country club at PI, a club i and other poeple who do not care for the other music can go into and have a good time with or without kids, without getting a head ache. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom