Please Pray

annawilliams

Original Poster
Please Pray- My dad was in a terrible car accident

My daddy was in a terrible car accident this afternoon in west virginia (he was on vacation). They don't know if he's going to make it through the night. I'm driving down there in the morning. Cannot believe this is happening. Praying that he pulls through! Not ready to lose him.

annawilliams

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Just saw him for the first time. Scariest thing in the world is seeing a crash victim, especially when it's your own dad. His head is the size of a basketball with swelling. There is bleeding in his brain. Two black eyes, internal bleeding.

I'm just so scared right now. My sister is only 19, and I'm so scared for the things he won't get to see- her getting married, me having kids... Ugh. :( It just stinks. Thanks again for your prayers. Definitely needed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thanks everyone. Just saw him for the first time. Scariest thing in the world is seeing a crash victim, especially when it's your own dad. His head is the size of a basketball with swelling. There is bleeding in his brain. Two black eyes, internal bleeding.

I'm just so scared right now. My sister is only 19, and I'm so scared for the things he won't get to see- her getting married, me having kids... Ugh. :( It just stinks. Thanks again for your prayers. Definitely needed.

So sad....you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

dave&di

Stay positive, he's still with you all. Thinking of you. Xxxx

wilkeliza

Any updates? I know the first 24 hours are the most critical and you are probably so worried that updating is the last though on your mind but just wanted to see what is going on.

sending up prayers for your family right now.

annawilliams

Original Poster
You all are amazing. Thank you for thinking of us and praying for someone you don't even know!

Dad is still living, which the doctors are saying shouldn't even have happened. The one doctor came out and said he's never seen anything like this. "No one should make this much of a recovery!"

It's of course had it's family drama- My Grandma and Aunt (dad's sister) are incredibly controlling. So much so, that I can hardly get any info about my dad. My aunt and grandma somehow got his medical power of attorney, even though my sister and I should be the ones to have it legally. They also have the only pin number for getting information about my dad, and won't share it with my sister and me. We finally found out that since we are legally first in line for "next of kin," we could have the pin number changed. I'm going to call my aunt today, and basically let her know that we will let her have the control she wants, if she shares the pin number they have. If not, we will just get everything changed over to our names.

It's been a nightmare. When we were at the hospital, we didn't know what rights we had. My aunt, being his "next of kin" was able to keep us out of the room almost all the time. We were told by her we can only go in with her permission for 5 minutes at a time.

Dad is able to breathe on his own a little bit. He's still intubated. Yesterday I "got permission" to see him. I asked if I could go in when he was a little less sedated, so he would possibly know I'm there. My aunt and grandma told me there was no way he would. When I got in the room, I said "Hi Daddy!" he immediately opened his eyes, looked at me, and kept trying to smile! They told me he wasn't even able to open those eyes! :) It absolutely made my day. I even joked about how ticked he must be that he's wearing a dress, and he tried to laugh. It just made me so happy that he is still in there. I came in again later and he just stared at me the whole time. I asked if he wanted a kiss, and he started nodding. I gave him a million! I asked if kisses made things better and he smiled and nodded.

He's already beating the odds. They still don't know if he will make it, but I'm feeling so much more confident that he will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom