Please delete.

Magenta Panther

It’s not universal…but it tends to depend on how reasonable/intelligent the descent is…

I get edited…i descent…most of the appropriate stuff isn’t touched

When I deserve 2 minutes in the sin bin…I get it.

There is not too many viable cases to be made on the mods being draconian here

True enough. The mods run the show here, as they should. Truly draconian mods would ban people right and left for daring to stand up to the narrative. I've gotten messages deleted, and blocked from certain threads for causing a ruckus. Doesn't bother me a bit.

"You've got enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m not sure you can?

Someone started a thread that showed a screen shot of mgm waits yesterday…about 2 on a Wednesday when a bulk of Disney core customers are still in school (eastern seaboard)…

It’s not possible to enjoy that to the level needed for the price. Quagmire.

Hopefully limiting Genie+ sales will “fix” the system, this kind of happened naturally at DL when all the regular visitors stopped buying it, our first two trips to DL after the implementation of Genie+ were absolutely horrible, everyone was trying it out and the Genie+ lines were 40 minutes and the standby lines were 2 hours, after a couple months most people at DL stopped buying it though and now the Genie+ lines are normally 10 minutes or less and standby is back to an hour or so peak.

It’s a decent system when fewer people are using it, the problem is Disney tried to convince everyone to use it, which defeats the purpose of a skip the line pass.

Jrb1979

Hopefully limiting Genie+ sales will “fix” the system, this kind of happened naturally at DL when all the regular visitors stopped buying it, our first two trips to DL after the implementation of Genie+ were absolutely horrible, everyone was trying it out and the Genie+ lines were 40 minutes and the standby lines were 2 hours, after a couple months most people at DL stopped buying it though and now the Genie+ lines are normally 10 minutes or less and standby is back to an hour or so peak.

It’s a decent system when fewer people are using it, the problem is Disney tried to convince everyone to use it, which defeats the purpose of a skip the line pass.
That goes back to FP+ days. It's in everyones heads that you must have a skip the line pass to enjoy the parks. This may come off rude but IMO it goes back to that many Disney guests don't visit other parks much.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

So basically maxpass then?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because it would be absolutely the best thing for the guest experience?

So it won’t happen (enough) under the current regime. The day Chapek called guests “consumers” the writing was on the wall.
They always have been…

But here’s the difference:

Eisner: “build more stuff and we’ll get more customers”
Bobs: “when is sun valley?”

…see the difference?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think the Mods have become pretty transparent in where their beliefs lie, and they have no problem using their power to enforce what they want to.
Could you outline what you think my beliefs are? I'll let you know if you are right or wrong.

I think you have to realize what an impossible mission moderating anything is these days. I'm accused of being far right and far left by people on this forum. My goal is to just try and keep the forum usable and on topic. That often means posts fro both sides are going to be removed. It does not mean I am support any particular view.

And regarding the purple wall - it is right on the front page of the site. The thread on the forum was just a huge mess of fighting - served no benefit to anyone.

Beacon Joe

No…but that would be a great time lapse

I meant the defunctland one that explained “negative capacity” and why fast pass worked and why plus didn’t.

The 1.5 hour documentary? That's a great video and I wish it had been out when I was doing queueing theory in grad school. Fun topic, at least for me, and theme parks were a great background for class discussions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The 1.5 hour documentary? That's a great video and I wish it had been out when I was doing queueing theory in grad school. Fun topic, at least for me, and theme parks were a great background for class discussions.
That’s it…it’s long and a time investment…but fascinating. Many Disney fans won’t believe it…but it doesn’t really leave the conclusions up for debate.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think you have to realize what an impossible mission moderating anything is these days. I'm accused of being far right and far left by people on this forum. My goal is to just try and keep the forum usable and on topic. That often means posts fro both sides are going to be removed. It does not mean I am support any particular view.

And regarding the purple wall - it is right on the front page of the site. The thread on the forum was just a huge mess of fighting - served no benefit to anyone.

I was wondering where that thread disappeared to. I thought it was lively but clean debate but threads can devolve quick so maybe it got ugly last night.

I don’t envy the mods, it’s a fine line between debate and fighting and it’s a no win situation for them, too quick to shut it down they are accused of censoring, too slow to shut it down they are accused of allowing hate.

This is why I don’t get bothered or take it personal when posts get removed, trying to keep a balance is nearly impossible.

Kingoglow

Could you outline what you think my beliefs are? I'll let you know if you are right or wrong.

Of course you support a particular view, everyone has an opinion.

We recognize the difficulty in moderating conversations in today's environment. It can't be easy, but that is the job; otherwise just remove the forums because it will overwhelm the site. Or drop the neutral stance and state what kind of environment you want to foster here. At least then, we can decide if we want to continue to contribute without the fear and loathing.

Being just a place to talk about Disney isn't enough anymore as evidence by the recent deletions. There are rails in place that we are supposed to avoid and just labeling them as 'politics' isn't specific enough in the current environment.

Maybe it is best just to remove the forums because it is clear that members will argue about anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We recognize the difficulty in moderating conversations in today's environment. It can't be easy, but that is the job; otherwise just remove the forums because it will overwhelm the site. Or drop the neutral stance and state what kind of environment you want to foster here. At least then, we can decide if we want to continue to contribute without the fear and loathing.

Being just a place to talk about Disney isn't enough anymore as evidence by the recent deletions. There are rails in place that we are supposed to avoid and just labeling them as 'politics' isn't specific enough in the current environment.

Maybe it is best just to remove the forums because it is clear that members will argue about anything.
How long have you been a judge? And how do you find the time to be the executioner as well? 🤔

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The forum has been around for 20-odd years without needing to state any kind of environment. This place is about Disney, and I think its more than possible for people to talk about that without getting into heated political debates and taking sides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The forum has been around for 20-odd years without needing to state any kind of environment. This place is about Disney, and I think its more than possible for people to talk about that without getting into heated political debates and taking sides.
95% of the time…yes

People are grumpy because of two recent events:

1. Covid…not political but Americans politicized it for no treason (lol…typo but it’s too good to delete) whatsoever. That is 100% a red white and blue fail. Period.
2. California and Florida. Disney has put themselves or gotten drawn into power struggles with more frequency.

Very tough to stay “a political” with these specifics.

Stupido

Re-read the rest of my post that you didn't quote. Almost every thread on this forum has devolved into a huge mess of fighting and disrespect. However it seems like the only threads being wiped from existence are the ones celebrating the Walt Disney Company's invigorated support of the LGBTQIA+ Community. Whether it's what you intend or not, that sends a message. Over the past few months, I've reported several non LGBT related posts mocking or attacking other members, and they're still up. When Moderation isn't being enforced equally, it absolutely feels like censorship, and I'm not the only poster to feel this way.

Removing threads because everyone is fighting in them? Then why is the Epcot sub-forum still a place? That has devolved into a toxic hivemind ready to attack anyone who disagrees. The only benefit it serves is giving people a place to talk about how much they hate what Disney is doing. But remodeling Epcot isn't the only thing Disney is doing, they are making huge strides towards becoming a more progressive and inclusive company. They have altered their core brand message to enforce this, which a HUGE deal, and warrants continued discussion. If we're barred from talking about that because people feel the need to lash out, how is that any different than people lashing out in the Epcot space?

I'm going to say it: Queer Rights Aren't Political. Sure, they've become politicalized, but the fact that we're still debating any of this is ridiculous. America was founded on 5 ideals equality, rights, liberty, opportunity, and democracy. Hell, even Disneyland was founded on the principal of equality. "To all who come to this happy place; welcome." I will say it again, if you make it your mission to take away other people's seats at the table, you forfeit your own. Moderate your website however you see fit, but I think it's wrong to stop full conversations because people can't act right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom