Plausible PI rumor

jt04

That is my exact interpretation of it. From what I understand there are several structures in WS that serve as storage. Although one part of the wording seemed odd:
Does that mean shipping everything overseas to be stored and then shipped back once the complex is finished? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Perhaps the storage contract is out for bid :lol:

WDW1974

Saying that something is plausible does not make it so.

This site should be known as all AC all the time.

No one's got OCD here.

~They're going to open an all new AC on Discovery Island ... really!!!~

Duckberg

Adult Nightlife @ WDW

I just got back from a 9 day trip to "the world" and I'm still 'in' with the PI CMs and I've heard a plausible rumor from several different people.

2011 - Off of the new Western Beltway - a new adult complex and the return of our beloved Adv. Club will be built - away from the shopping & dining

Rumors have been reported that they have documented everything in it's place at the AC and after September's congaloosh, everything will be moved as-is to either EPCOT's either China or Japan (I can't remember) or Japan/China itself... and then after the new complex is finished, moved over there for a re-opening.

:shrug: Seems believable enough to me

If the eventual reality :veryconfu is WDW will be offering something for ADULTS at night I'm all for it. BUT, until economy recovers :veryconfu Duckberg :snore:

WDW1974

:lol:

As impossible as that is, it sure would be pretty sweet.

I'd love that ... heck, I can think of all sorts of very kewl things that could be done on that land without destroying the isolation of it.

But it'll just sit and go back to nature because Disney doesn't think big and exciting and (as much as I hate the phrase) out of the box anymore when it comes to WDW development.

~Let's Build a Ballpark~

JeffC

I have a hard time believing that they would essentially rebuild PI in a different location. That would be way too close to an admission of "we screwed up" for TWDC to ever make, and it is inconsistent with how it all went down.

But I do agree that an adult-only resort would be a perfect tie-in for the cruise line, as well as a potentially good draw from general resort traffic.

Exactly! No way Disney admits they screwed up. They're beyond this.
They had a great location, and a great thing several years ago. PI was that - an Island and just for adults.

Missing20K

Hmmm, they close an unprofitable (I don't care what anyone says, Disney is a business, if it made money it would still be open. Disney likes to make money, so if PI made them money, they would have let it continue to make them money) island of nightclubs, let the buildings sit empty for a few years, and then rebuild a whole new area of nightclubs. :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm, they close an unprofitable (I don't care what anyone says, Disney is a business, if it made money it would still be open. Disney likes to make money, so if PI made them money, they would have let it continue to make them money)
Not exactly.
PI made money, but Disney figured they could make MORE money by leasing out the buildings and letting third-parties run the establishments. Probably true, but a HUGE failure to put SHOW before EFFICIENCY.
As long as that mindset is alive, I don't see any of the clubs ever re-opening under Disney management.

Therefore I declare them evil and vile.:cool:

Missing20K

Not exactly.
PI made money, but Disney figured they could make MORE money by leasing out the buildings and letting third-parties run the establishments. Probably true, but a HUGE failure to put SHOW before EFFICIENCY.
As long as that mindset is alive, I don't see any of the clubs ever re-opening under Disney management.

Haha, we are having the same conversation in two different threads. :ROFLOL:

You answered my question to you in the other thread right here. :lol: So basically, it was just a grab for higher profit margins?

And I agree, as long as that mindset is alive, Disney parks in general will see a serious decline in show quality. (Seems it is already in full swing if you ask me).

At least until all the good Imagineers leave and open consulting firms. How ironic that would be, Disney lays off Imagineers because of more outsourcing of ride and show design, and in turn the laid off Imagineers open the very consulting firms Disney hires.

CaptainMichael

Not exactly.

Also, with a little TLC every now and then and some advertising, it would have made even more money. Most guests probably didn't know about it. Instead, Disney bombards guests with Hannah Montana, HSM, BBB, and DVC promotions everywhere they turn.

hrcollectibles

I can believe that they would build an entertainment complex for the 21 and over crowd and the possibility it could go near Coronado Springs (large convention crowds) also makes sense. It would allow for a jazz club, dance club, blues club etc and Disney would not a have a similar controversy that they had with the HoB musical content because it would be an area for 21 and over. As for the AC relocating to WS, that kinda makes your sources look less than credible. BUT I could see them recreating it at a brand new 21 and over entertainment complex on an isolated section of Western Way or at Flamingo Crossings.

I personally think Disney would be wise to create an adult resort (no kids allowed) somewhere on property. It would be a great draw for combination Disney cruise ship and land packages. And I am quite certain there would be a huge demand for the resort. Flamingo Crossings is a great location for such a resort. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I remember when they had a whole "Island" for adults and there were many venues A country bar, a place for adventurers.. ahh the days of yore

hrcollectibles

That is my exact interpretation of it. From what I understand there are several structures in WS that serve as storage. Although one part of the wording seemed odd:
Does that mean shipping everything overseas to be stored and then shipped back once the complex is finished? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I think the original poster meant China/Japan in the world showcase

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I could have mistook the meaning in the OP, but how I read that was that it would be stored there. Isn't most of Japan a never completed attraction building that's used for storage?

^^That's what I meant :wave:

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have a hard time believing that they would essentially rebuild PI in a different location. That would be way too close to an admission of "we screwed up" for TWDC to ever make, and it is inconsistent with how it all went down.

But I do agree that an adult-only resort would be a perfect tie-in for the cruise line, as well as a potentially good draw from general resort traffic.

What about adding Figment back into JII?

hardcard

Saying that something is plausible does not make it so.

This site should be known as all AC all the time.

No one's got OCD here.

~They're going to open an all new AC on Discovery Island ... really!!!~

really... no doubt... getting tired of it myself..... one of you kungaloosh freaks go put a website on www.weswearpleasureislanddidntsuck.com ..

3 of the threads on the main page revolve around the same BASELESS information.. it's not a rumor.. it's crap..

~BTW - They are moving Brickley the Dragon from DTD to Seven Seas Lagoon, near the PI on discovery island.. IT's said he loves Kungalooshes himself.~

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Not if they played their cards right.

A nice press release stating that this was their intentions all along would do the job. Not an admission of failure, just a delayed press release of their clandestine motives of reopening the club in a new area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom