Plausible PI rumor

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
really... no doubt... getting tired of it myself..... one of you kungaloosh freaks go put a website on www.weswearpleasureislanddidntsuck.com ..

3 of the threads on the main page revolve around the same BASELESS information.. it's not a rumor.. it's crap..

~BTW - They are moving Brickley the Dragon from DTD to Seven Seas Lagoon, near the PI on discovery island.. IT's said he loves Kungalooshes himself.~

You know...hardcard...if it really bothers you that much...just don't open the thread.

hardcard

Discovery Island is in Bay Lake.:lookaroun

And also, if you don't like the threads...don't read it.

You know.. I love the double standard here.. if it's someone asking about monorail expansion they get attacked for not searching the forums for a previous thread (oh, and when they DO and post in that thread, they get attacked for bumping a 2 year old thread!) now.. I complain because we have over a dozens 'BRING BACK AC AND PI' threads and I'm in the wrong? Thats the problem here.. You can't have it both ways people.

PI/AC is GONE.... I REALLY think I would have loved AC if I had a chance to visit.. but I didn't.. but you are making me HATE the AC concept with all the flood threads and whining.. really.. enough is enough...

I don't ask that you stop, just keep it in one thread.. good god, is that too much to ask? I promise, I won't even yell at you for bumping it in 2 years after the AC is leveled!

Missing20K

I'm confused.

Why did everyone jump on hardcard, when WDW1974 made essentially the same comments but no one flamed him?

And while it does make sense to try and make sure there aren't multiple threads containing the same information and having similar discussions, isn't that for the mods to decide? If they aren't closing or merging a thread, then obviously it's different enough.

As far as the "don't open it" excuse. The title is plausible PI rumor. It could have been they are turning into a water park, tearing it down, making it a fifth gate (granted none of those are that plausible), or anything, and until someone opens the thread and reads it, how is one to know? You can't get mad at someone for opening a vaguely titled thread and then complain because most of the posts don't address the rumor and instead "whine" about AC being closed.

Strange day at wdwmagic.com. I have been sucked in. I need to lighten up.:cool:

unkadug

I'm confused.

Why did everyone jump on hardcard, when WDW1974 made essentially the same comments but no one flamed him?

And while it does make sense to try and make sure there aren't multiple threads containing the same information and having similar discussions, isn't that for the mods to decide? If they aren't closing or merging a thread, then obviously it's different enough.

As far as the "don't open it" excuse. The title is plausible PI rumor. It could have been they are turning into a water park, tearing it down, making it a fifth gate (granted none of those are that plausible), or anything, and until someone opens the thread and reads it, how is one to know? You can't get mad at someone for opening a vaguely titled thread and then complain because most of the posts don't address the rumor and instead "whine" about AC being closed.

Strange day at wdwmagic.com. I have been sucked in. I need to lighten up.:cool:
Look at his posting history regarding this issue. If it irritates him THAT much, you would think that he would avoid ALL PI threads regardless of content.

Missing20K

Look at his posting history regarding this issue. If it irritates him THAT much, you would think that he would avoid ALL PI threads regardless of content.

Fair enough, I don't really look at people's posting history, but maybe I should.

And '74 didn't use words like "kungaloosh freaks" and "crap" in his post.

And, again, yes. He was more derogatory, but the message was essentially the same. Besides I thought you guys were "kungaloosh freaks?":animwink::ROFLOL: Isn't that like a badge of honor. :lol:

Thanks to both of you for some clarification.:wave:

CaptainMichael

Here's what I recommend, if the the thread title mentions PI, AC, Kungaloosh, Hoopla, Balderdash, etc....AVOID IT. If it really bothers you that much. Last time I checked, this was a news and rumors forum. We, people capable of having discussion, were discussing the new rumors. Yet again, the haters have crashed it. We get it, you don't like PI, AC, etc. Some of you have never been. Others are perfectly happy with almost an entire island of dormant buildings because it's part of some grand plan...

Truth:
*Adventurers Club is open for private events through the end of September/beginning of October.
*Con-Galoosh will be at the Adventurers Club on September 25. There will be library shows.
*Con-Galoosh is to the Adventurers Club as Celebration 25 was to EPCOT Center
*Most clubs could be up and running within 2-3 weeks.
*Most AC cast members are still under the employ of WDW
*PI would have been uber popular/profitable with any sort of attention from marketing besides the conventioneer channel with ancient footage.
*WDW needs an entertainment area for adults both young and old.
*The AC was uniquely Disney and any fan of WDW and quality attractions should mourn its loss.
*PI had an excellent backstory at some point.
*I miss the AC.
*I am a KUNGALOOSH FREAK! and proud of it!

Missing20K

Here's what I recommend, if the the thread title mentions PI, AC, Kungaloosh, Hoopla, Balderdash, etc....AVOID IT. If it really bothers you that much. Last time I checked, this was a news and rumors forum. We, people capable of having discussion, were discussing the new rumors. Yet again, the haters have crashed it. We get it, you don't like PI, AC, etc. Some of you have never been. Others are perfectly happy with almost an entire island of dormant buildings because it's part of some grand plan...

Truth:
*Adventurers Club is open for private events through the end of September/beginning of October.
*Con-Galoosh will be at the Adventurers Club on September 25. There will be library shows.
*Con-Galoosh is to the Adventurers Club as Celebration 25 was to EPCOT Center
*Most clubs could be up and running within 2-3 weeks.
*Most AC cast members are still under the employ of WDW
*PI would have been uber popular/profitable with any sort of attention from marketing besides the conventioneer channel with ancient footage.
*WDW needs an entertainment area for adults both young and old.
*The AC was uniquely Disney and any fan of WDW and quality attractions should mourn its loss.
*PI had an excellent backstory at some point.
*I miss the AC.
*I am a KUNGALOOSH FREAK! and proud of it!

Quoted for nomination for post of the day.:sohappy:

Scooter

I think the moderaters should just move this thread and all other AC threads over to the "Past Attraction" thread like the others.

If the AC supporters want to read about new rumours pertaining to the AC then they can go there.

The rest of us can just avoid that area of the forums.

I'm not a DVC member so I don't read the DVC section threads.
Same differance.

So how about it moderators, lets make everyone happy and move ALL posts /threads regarding AC to the past attractions section ( because it is, in fact, closed now) so those who want to talk about AC can...and those who don't want to read about AC can avoid the AC thread altogether.

hardcard

I think the moderaters should just move this thread and all other AC threads over to the "Past Attraction" thread like the others.

If the AC supporters want to read about new rumours pertaining to the AC then they can go there.

The rest of us can just avoid that area of the forums.

I'm not a DVC member so I don't read the DVC section threads.
Same differance.

So how about it moderators, lets make everyone happy and move ALL posts /threads regarding AC to the past attractions section ( because it is, in fact, closed now) so those who want to talk about AC can...and those who don't want to read about AC can avoid the AC thread altogether.

Amen! Sorry, but this stuff doesn't belong in news OR rumors.. it's neither. and once again.. even if my opinion ISN'T popular with the Kungaloosh crowd.. I am still entitled to it.

SirGoofy

Amen! Sorry, but this stuff doesn't belong in news OR rumors.. it's neither. and once again.. even if my opinion ISN'T popular with the Kungaloosh crowd.. I am still entitled to it.

Yes, you are, but you could also state your opinion in a much more respectful/tasteful manor.

jmvd20

Just for clarification:

If I wanted to post a thread about the *rumored* construction of a new Adventurers Club being built at a DVC site located inside of Walt Disney World should that be posted under the "DVC" heading, or the "WDW News and Rumors" heading?

Also, if the said construction of the new AC was to be on a Disney Cruise ship instead of at WDW - would that be posted under the "DVC" heading or the "Cruise Line" heading?

GymLeaderPhil

Discussion of the Club and Pleasure Island will continue in this section of the forums until all remaining traces of the district have been removed. This is still a RELEVANT topic and we should encourage ALL comments regarding it's fate.

We should not be discouraging the act of discussion. This is... oh, I don't know, a discussion board after all. :lookaroun

CaptainMichael

Discussion of the Club and Pleasure Island will continue in this section of the forums until all remaining traces of the district have been removed. This is still a RELEVANT topic and we should encourage ALL comments regarding it's fate.

We should not be discouraging the act of discussion. This is... oh, I don't know, a discussion board after all. :lookaroun

Well, it kinda already happened last week when a few AC threads were banished to the "Past Attractions" board all because some wiseguy bumped every single AC thread...and the complainers complained...

That being said, I completely agree with you (obviously).

unkadug

By it's very definition, this IS a rumor.

Whether you decide to put any credence into it is entirely up to you. Just respect others people's right to do the same.

bennyw01

i think disney is under a huge amount of pressure from city walk to include third party stores and food establishments, for example city walk just opened an element store that puts the PI board rider shop to shame plus a cool food court with a panda express and whopper bar, all of which i believe appeal to a older market. disney would profit from doing some one upmanship by not only having pleasure island but flamingo crossing hopefully putting city walk to shame and giving guests more time to spend money out of park hours.

Chape19714

I really hope the rumors are true.

Do these adv club threads remind anyone else of the Tarzan rocks! Threads? As soon as they start, people come out of the woodwork to talk about how much they hated the product.

Figment632

A little advice from me, don't believe CM'S I have found 99% of them to be full of you know what. The only people I would believe anymore are upper management I don't think the average CM has any clue what the real plans for anything ate until it is announced.

I have been doopedamd given false or inaccurate info by CM more times than not.

Examples:
Last year we went on the 7 hour tour and one told me you could still rent out River Country for a corprate event. Go look at the current state of RC and you'll see it's not true.

One told me that there would be a Dr. Doom style ride on top of The Bay Lake Tower.

A popular one seems to be a roller coaster replacing SSE.

A retheme of the TL speedway to make it based on Cars.

Do you see a pattern developing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom