Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

The Tuna

Ate my first meal at Planet Hollywood two weeks ago. Probably my last. There was no atmosphere at all, the music and movie trailer volume was so low you could barely hear it. Food was terrible. This was in Niagara Falls but it seemed like a very dated restaurant and concept. It seemed like nothing was upgraded in 20 years. Hopefully the new Observatory helps kick the hole franchise up a notch.

Gatorboy

Ate my first meal at Planet Hollywood two weeks ago. Probably my last. There was no atmosphere at all, the music and movie trailer volume was so low you could barely hear it. Food was terrible. This was in Niagara Falls but it seemed like a very dated restaurant and concept. It seemed like nothing was upgraded in 20 years. Hopefully the new Observatory helps kick the hole franchise up a notch.
color me silly, but I prefer trying something apparently "new" to PH before judging.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

:rolleyes:

Don't particularly care for Guy (or hate him for that matter) but this is just a typical Salon article. To each their own but the site has a far left bias and the article is a bit silly to lambast Guy for representing something other than high end. Good food exists in many different ways and while nobody should eat that kind of dish on a consistent basis it shouldn't discredit what he is doing.

He shows food from another lense and people like it. There is room for every kind of food, the more choices the merrier!

This isn't intended to be political or against you by the way. I'm just playing devils advocate of sorts because it isn't particularly fair to just bash him completely. Lol

brb1006

This is as close as we can get to a real life replica of Pizza Planet (Minus the Arcade machines) from Toy Story. Especially after seeing the outside and inside of Plant Hollywood. I cant be the only person who thought of this in mind.
latest

Planet-Hollywood_Full_26454.jpg

latest

Planet-Hollywood_Full_27147.jpg

The Tuna

color me silly, but I prefer trying something apparently "new" to PH before judging.
I didn't say I wouldn't try the Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs did I? I spoke about the current outdated concept in Niagara Falls. I also said that i hoped the observatory would reinvigorate the whole chain? Who is being judgy????

Gatorboy

I didn't say I wouldn't try the Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs did I? I spoke about the current outdated concept in Niagara Falls. I also said that i hoped the observatory would reinvigorate the whole chain? Who is being judgy????
I hope you do and sorry, I'm not talking to you in particular, I'm speaking to the constant negativity before something is completed. It makes no difference what so ever what something was, but that they've taken steps to correct. Maybe a comparison after the fact would be better.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Is Planet Hollywood still being considered part of West Side or is this now part of Town Center?
Well Coke is considered part of Town Center and it's right across the way. I'd assume Town Center, especially based on theming, but who knows.

I go often as a local and when you enter from the Orange garage, the separator for West side and TC/The Landing in my mind is once you get up the the Harley Davidson/Old PI Bridge

The Tuna

I hope you do and sorry, I'm not talking to you in particular, I'm speaking to the constant negativity before something is completed. It makes no difference what so ever what something was, but that they've taken steps to correct. Maybe a comparison after the fact would be better.
Well that I can get behind. I dont judge beforehand. I know a lot of people want to be mad about Avatar, Star Wars, Toy Story, etc. Let it happen and them see. some will hate it regardless, no idea why. Lot's of negativity towards the mouse right now and hopefully when Bob Iger is gone and the new goodies are open people will have more reason to feel positive.

hokielutz

"When complete in September 2016, the new look restaurant will take design cues from a turn-of-the-century observatory, and the four story building will also feature a new outdoor terrace and bar called Stargazers."

Any takers out there that this will be completed in time for their Sept-2016 target date??
I say close, but no cigar based on these latest photos.

Rteetz

"When complete in September 2016, the new look restaurant will take design cues from a turn-of-the-century observatory, and the four story building will also feature a new outdoor terrace and bar called Stargazers."

Any takers out there that this will be completed in time for their Sept-2016 target date??
I say close, but no cigar based on these latest photos.
Well we obviously don't know what the inside looks like but the outside is progressing. I could maybe see a late September opening.

roj2323

Original Poster
All taken yesterday the 25th. There was a lot going on but not many workers. The few workers I did see were stringing rope lighting down one of the lattice structures. The project is moving along quickly but there is literally no chance it will be open in September. At the earliest I'd say late November is when it will reopen but it wouldn't suprise me one bit to see it pushed to just before the Christmas rush.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

As you can see they are also relocating all of the exhaust and intake ports that are around the structure. This seems fairly quick and easy until you realize they are doing all of this from a man lift or repelling ropes.
image.jpeg

By the looks of things we should likely start seeing the new sheathing for the building in the next 2-3 weeks if the weather cooperates.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom