Pizza Planet removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billw4

Original Poster
I was reading on another website and it said that "pizza planet may soon be history". Is there any truth to this?

POTC

No!!!! I LOVE the pizza there!
But maybe they're going to relocate it to Pixar Place?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I haven't heard anything.
I don't know how I'd feel about it going it is a great Pixar tie in and an excellent idea for a themed restaraunt, but honestly...probably the worst food on all of WDW property. Be better if they just changed the food.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Woody andBuzz have been removed from outside! But why is anyones guess!!

SeaCastle

I know that one of the figures on top of its roof had been removed, but I haven't read anything indicating the restaurant is going away, at least not yet.

But I wouldn't be heartbroken if the gaudy signage, Woody, Buzz, and rocket ship were removed.

POTC

Seriously? I think it's atrocious. You can get the same pizza at Pizzafari, Pinocchio Village Haus and probably several other places I can't think of right now.
im pretty sure you can get it from the waterparks too and for some reason i like it and i cant leave a park without it!

Pizza Planet, in its current incarnation, SHOULD be removed. How you can build Pizza Planet and not have it look like the Pizza Planet from the movie is beyond me.... refurb please!!!!

Reactions: HMF

POTC

Pizza Planet, in its current incarnation, SHOULD be removed. How you can build Pizza Planet and not have it look like the Pizza Planet from the movie is beyond me.... refurb please!!!!
thats what i was always dissapointed about. why WOULDN'T it look like the pizza planet from the movie???

Thrill Seeker

I'd be all for it if it is converted into a Muppets themed restaurant, which fits the location. That would be a way to help Studios start piecing together a cohesive theme...

minniemickeyfan

A rumor awhile back I read on here is that possibly Pizza Planet will be moved to the current studio catering company across from the backlot. Then Pizza planet would be The Swedish Chef (from Muppets)

I would like to see the rumor be true in addition to the Monsters Inc Ride, HISTK playset become Bug's Life, and the Pearl Harbor area removed. And also an Incredibles attraction where they go on vacation. Read all of this on previous threads here. Would really expand Pixar Place but everything would tie together nicely I think.

WDWmazprty

A rumor awhile back I read on here is that possibly Pizza Planet will be moved to the current studio catering company across from the backlot. Then Pizza planet would be The Swedish Chef (from Muppets)

I would like to see the rumor be true in addition to the Monsters Inc Ride, HISTK playset become Bug's Life, and the Pearl Harbor area removed. And also an Incredibles attraction where they go on vacation. Read all of this on previous threads here. Would really expand Pixar Place but everything would tie together nicely I think.

Well, last week there was a post about the Swedish Chef being removed from Muppet Vision; maybe they're going to put him in the new restaurant. :lol::lookaroun:lol::lookaroun:hammer:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

This was my biggest complain, even moreso than the fact that the pizza is awful (all Disney pizza, with the exception of Via Napoli, is awful). The only thing Pizza Planet shares in common with the restaurant in the films is its name.

CaptJapan

Close it down and build something themed after The Muppets, since the building is right across from Muppets 3D.
Either a new ride (like that will ever happen) or a new restaurant.
Making the restaurant themed after The Muppets Show would be great.

captainkidd

Agreed.

It's an arcade with horrible food. Gut it and good riddance.

captainkidd

This was my biggest complain, even moreso than the fact that the pizza is awful (all Disney pizza, with the exception of Via Napoli, is awful). The only thing Pizza Planet shares in common with the restaurant in the films is its name.

Please, don't ever mention Via Napoli and the arcade at MGM in the same sentence. It's treason to anyone who likes good food.

djkidkaz

The website that stated this always makes assumptions like this. "Oh the guys are removed, must be closing."

Xethos

ah a fellow new yorker, your opinion on the pizza actually matters to me.(no offense to anyone else here but if you eat bagels or pizza in ny and go anywhere else and try to have some you will always be very dissappointed) So the new pizza at the italy pavillion is good? is it like the old brick oven pizza places in Bk?...i know its supposed to be from italy but ive never been there so the old italian delis and pizzerias in brooklyn and queens are as close as ill get for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom