Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Exomonia

That sounds interesting, are there any hints about the new name for the attraction you could give? I really hope this project gets greenlit and done :)
Same here! I think it sounds like it could be a really great overlay!

Haha I'm with you there, new information is always great information! But I do think Martin is pretty good with dropping clues when the timing is right, at least. I think something like the naming though is probably a bit specific - I am sure things like that will be kept a little closer to the chest for a fair bit longer (until after it is official, for example). Fortunately, Martin is great on the forums and always drops what he can, when he can. So I think as long as we follow these threads (as I'm sure you do :D) he'll let us know in (hopefully) due time! Until then, we just keep on waiting and looking forward to that next hint or bit of information to come! :p Thanks @marni1971!

Aveku

Well, this thread is definitely interesting.

I’m Mexican and I recently applied for the Disney’s Cultural Representative Program, I was interviewed for the attractions role in the Mexico Pavilion but apparently I won’t get arrival date anytime soon because job offers have been put on hold. They haven’t told us why, but I suspect it has to do with the GFT ride and the new Coco overlay.

However my recruiter said that positions for 2018 are still available, so maybe they won’t redesign the entire ride, maybe they’ll just change a few things (like the projections) and call it a day.

Btw, I read a reply saying that Mexico’s Independence Day was 5 de Mayo, that’s incorrect, it’s September 15th. (We don’t celebrate 5 de Mayo that much, but for some reason it’s a big thing in the US).

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

(We don’t celebrate 5 de Mayo that much, but for some reason it’s a big thing in the US).

For Star Wars fans.....It is...;)
d7b.png

Pixieish

How would they address capacity concerns? Did they not learn their lesson with Frozen? Also, just so I am understanding, you mentioned box office performance. Will it occur with a "good" showing at the box office or will it take a "blockbuster" performance at the box office? Thanks Marni. I'll hang up and listen.

Three Caballeros is my youngest son's favorite part of WS...even when the line is super long and the wait time posted is ridiculous, the line moves relatively quickly compared to other rides (at least that's been my experience.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If they "just" put them in but they are 40 years old where were these animatronics originally? I'm curious
They were originally part of the Mickey Mouse Revue in Fantasyland, which opened when MK opened and was located in what is now Philharmagic. MMR got moved to Tokyo and was there when TDL opened. In ran in Tokyo until 2008 or so.

Sir_Cliff

Well, this thread is definitely interesting.

I’m Mexican and I recently applied for the Disney’s Cultural Representative Program, I was interviewed for the attractions role in the Mexico Pavilion but apparently I won’t get arrival date anytime soon because job offers have been put on hold. They haven’t told us why, but I suspect it has to do with the GFT ride and the new Coco overlay.

However my recruiter said that positions for 2018 are still available, so maybe they won’t redesign the entire ride, maybe they’ll just change a few things (like the projections) and call it a day.

Btw, I read a reply saying that Mexico’s Independence Day was 5 de Mayo, that’s incorrect, it’s September 15th. (We don’t celebrate 5 de Mayo that much, but for some reason it’s a big thing in the US).
Good luck on getting the position!

I quite like the current ride and Donald is my favorite of the classic characters, but if they keep the basic bones of the old El Rio del Tiempo in place I can deal with Coco as the movie does look pretty great.

DisneyFan18

Since it hasn’t been posted yet, Disney is actually confident in Coco, as in the page in “For Your Consideration” for the Oscars, they included it for the category Best Picture! For comparison The Good Dinosaur wasn’t put in that category in the “For Yor Consideration” page. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom