Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Bocabear

The fact that they are starting work on this before the movie is realeased is a good thing... means that possibly it wont take a decade to produce an attraction based on the film long after the popularity of the film has waned...also the filpside of this is that an attraction can increase the exposure and popularity of an ip...So even if Coco is not a smash hit, it's popularity and product sales would be propelled by the attraction itself...a win-win.
Let's face it, the "Where Is Donald?" ride is cute, but not the best...I am cheering the imagineers on to create a beautiful new attraction based on an ip that is set in Mexico...I hope they give this the treatment and budget it deserves to make it a smashing success.

Timothy_Q

Since it hasn’t been posted yet, Disney is actually confident in Coco, as in the page in “For Your Consideration” for the Oscars, they included it for the category Best Picture! For comparison The Good Dinosaur wasn’t put in that category in the “For Yor Consideration” page. ;)
Good Dinosaur wasn’t included because they were focusing on Inside Out, which came out the same year

DisneyFan18

Good Dinosaur wasn’t included because they were focusing on Inside Out, which came out the same year
If it serves as better example Monsters University wasn’t either... And I saw some pics from “The Art of Coco”, and it seems the story is going on the direction I was hoping it would :D

DisneyFan18

Has this been confirmed? Sorry. I haven't been following closely.
I believe it still remains as highly likely, the last thing Martin reported was that unless the movie terribly flops it would happen.

@marni1971 have there been any changes you’re able to report? (Sorry to frequently bother you with this attraction, it’s just that I’m really excited for it :D)

ChewbaccaYourMum

Based on a bunch of early reviews I've been seeing on twitter, this is an absolute masterpiece. People are loving it. I don't know who these people are seeing it, but the director keeps retweeting them so all these people might just be Pixar employees or friends and doubt they would say anything bad, but I don't know. These people genuinely sound very happy about this movie. Hopefully this is true and the overlay of Coco on this ride is very well done. Could be an instant classic especially if the movie is one.

JohnD

I really dont know if this Coco movie is going to be that huge. And they are always so slow at getting it done everyone has forgotten the movie

Doesn't really mean anything. One of the most popular rides is Splash Mountain where they extracted parts from one of the most controversial movies they ever made ("Song of the South") which you can't even find anymore.

DisneyFan18

Based on a bunch of early reviews I've been seeing on twitter, this is an absolute masterpiece. People are loving it. I don't know who these people are seeing it, but the director keeps retweeting them so all these people might just be Pixar employees or friends and doubt they would say anything bad, but I don't know. These people genuinely sound very happy about this movie. Hopefully this is true and the overlay of Coco on this ride is very well done. Could be an instant classic especially if the movie is one.
I would also like to add that Coco will be honored with the Hollywood Animation Award on November 5th!

BrianLo

Coco has very little in the way of competition and the market is starved for a quality family pic.

I haven’t seen the marketing power behind Ferdinand. A sheer lack of WDAS, Illumination, Dreamworks or even Sony for ~6 month window has given it a cushy spot that will be its own fault if it flops.

This has not been a very impressive year for animated/family films, contrasted to last year with big box office hit after big box office hit.

Magenta Panther

Coco has very little in the way of competition and the market is starved for a quality family pic.

I haven’t seen the marketing power behind Ferdinand. A sheer lack of WDAS, Illumination, Dreamworks or even Sony for ~6 month window has given it a cushy spot that will be its own fault if it flops.

This has not been a very impressive year for animated/family films, contrasted to last year with big box office hit after big box office hit.

I've seen the trailers for Ferdinand, and THAT'S the one I want to see.

brb1006

Hopefully it might be one of those films that might turn out very good compared to the trailers.

bcoachable

Watch that clip and just pay attention to the boy's hair..... Does anyone else appreciate how far animation has come in the last ten years? Can you just imagine how hard or long it must take to render that hair to turn out that perfect?
Kinda fun to geek out on high quality art work!
(Are you listening Disney Parks??!!)

DisneyFan18

Watch that clip and just pay attention to the boy's hair..... Does anyone else appreciate how far animation has come in the last ten years? Can you just imagine how hard or long it must take to render that hair to turn out that perfect?
Kinda fun to geek out on high quality art work!
(Are you listening Disney Parks??!!)

This video talks a little about Animation, and the overall process of the making of Coco. Thought you might be interested

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom