Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you want to see the numbers...I actually found a "theoretical" version of them...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/crooks...loperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/amp/

The number to look at is the "fastpass+ allocation" number...you'll see a much higher number for the heavy hitters at DAK And MK...than those at MGM and Epcot...which are very small.

That's not based on "popularity"...it's based on capacity. Rock n roller coaster, soarin, frozen, midway mania...can't handle the same amount of passes as the ones in the other parks...and a tier is born.

It's just math. They could "ease" that at Epcot by making the Mexico ride one that needs/warrants a fastpass queue...but other than that...nothing would change. A standby wait does nothing to affect those numbers.

peter11435

If you want to see the numbers...I actually found a "theoretical" version of them...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/crooks...loperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/amp/

The number to look at is the "fastpass+ allocation" number...you'll see a much higher number for the heavy hitters at DAK And MK...than those at MGM and Epcot...which are very small.

That's not based on "popularity"...it's based on capacity. Rock n roller coaster, soarin, frozen, midway mania...can't handle the same amount of passes as the ones in the other parks...and a tier is born.

It's just math. They could "ease" that at Epcot by making the Mexico ride one that needs/warrants a fastpass queue...but other than that...nothing would change. A standby wait does nothing to affect those numbers.
The numbers on that site are very wrong.

FullSailDan

Epcot had huge capacity as built. It was butchered over time and unkept to a stage where everyone wanted to ride the lower capacity attractions but the people movers weren’t made appealing enough and/or were removed.

The biggest problems are the computer systems over the last twenty years that were meant to reduce the need for new builds haven’t solved the problem they were meant to. When you’ve sunk billions upon billions into them to avoid having to build substantial new rides you can’t just say "we need to substantially build new rides because the Fastpass system doesn’t work as promised"

It sort of works as promised. The fatal mistake was assuming attendance would remain at, or only slightly above, the levels they were at. For various reasons that proved to be a very wrong. Price increases have slowed it, but not completely. I do counter this with there’s been a larger percentage of off site stays.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The numbers on that site are very wrong.

I don't remember the actual numbers that were accessible in my time (paper ticket days)...so I can't fully believe them either...

But they aren't that screwy....the point remains: fastpass supports what it can based on what the rides can process. So you have to put new trains/boats/omnis into the system to move it.

A coco ride could appease that...but it would have to be added on to the system. Simply overlaying it - even if popular - wouldn't affect tiering if it's not put into the fastpass+ system. An old standby line doesn't get entered into the "matrix"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not really... Fastpass was sold as a way to get guests through rides faster to spend more money in shops and eat. Fastpass Plus was sold as a way to disperse demand so lesser used attractions would see attendance bumps and building new attractions could mostly be avoided.

I think he meant epcot was built as advertised, no?

I for one loved legacy fastpass and really think + is an embarassment.

"Sure, you're paying $125 to get in...but don't expect to do anything unless you get on the app 60 days in advance...and you only get a couple..."

...it's ridiculous, build some damn rides to go with your timeshares

mikejs78

Premium Member

I for one loved legacy fastpass and really think + is an embarassment.

"Sure, you're paying $125 to get in...but don't expect to do anything unless you get on the app 60 days in advance...and you only get a couple..."

...it's ridiculous, build some damn rides to go with your timeshares

I agree. If they took the old FastPass system and allowed MDE booking instead of the kiosks, I think it would be the perfect system.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It sort of works as promised. The fatal mistake was assuming attendance would remain at, or only slightly above, the levels they were at. For various reasons that proved to be a very wrong. Price increases have slowed it, but not completely. I do counter this with there’s been a larger percentage of off site stays.
Oh eck. My notifications were playing up. Sorry 'bout that!

peter11435

I don't remember the actual numbers that were accessible in my time (paper ticket days)...so I can't fully believe them either...

But they aren't that screwy....the point remains: fastpass supports what it can based on what the rides can process. So you have to put new trains/boats/omnis into the system to move it.

A coco ride could appease that...but it would have to be added on to the system. Simply overlaying it - even if popular - wouldn't affect tiering if it's not put into the fastpass+ system. An old standby line doesn't get entered into the "matrix"
The OHRC numbers for many of those atttactions are wrong by significant margins. Some by as much as 50-60%

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fastpass allocation number and ratios vary from attraction to attraction. Using a single percentage of OHRC for all attractions is not accurate especially when the OHRC’s on that chart are wildly wrong to begin with.

And yet...we still don't have a basis to judge tiering...which was the whole point.

So if you've got numbers, that would help.

There are 24 fastpass equipped rides in magic kingom
12 in dak, 12 in Epcot, 11 in studios (fantastic being one...which negates like 7,000)

Some have tiers, some don't. Why?

I'm being told it's Because people don't got on el Rio del tiempo...

Is it?

mikejs78

Premium Member
And yet...we still don't have a basis to judge tiering...which was the whole point.

So if you've got numbers, that would help.

There are 24 fastpass equipped rides in magic kingom
12 in dak, 12 in Epcot, 11 in studios (fantastic being one...which negates like 7,000)

Some have tiers, some don't. Why?

I'm being told it's Because people don't got on el Rio del tiempo...

Is it?
First of all, this isn't all about Fastpass. People not going on El Rio now, and maybe going on with a Coco ride will reduce standby lines more than FastPass, unless the new Coco ride is a tier 1 fastpass.

Regarding FastPass, its because their aren't enough high-tier FastPass attractions - it had Little to do with total ride capacity. Look at Imagination - it's a FastPass with typically no wait and plenty of surplus FastPasses. If they plussed Imagination and made it a top tier attraction with a lot of demand, without changing the ride capacity in any way whatsoever, do you mean to tell me that it wouldn't affect the demand for the other FP attractions?

DisneyFan18

There’s something I’ve been thinking about the Coco Merchandise, which is a point in favor of this happening, it would work with what they currently offer and would be (mostly) relevant to Mexican culture. For example, a Dante Plush is still relevant since it’s based on an endemic Mexican dog, plus the Xoloizcuintles are a crucial part in the Aztec mythology, while Remmy wouldn’t be as relevant to the French Culture. Also, they have plenty of Merchandise opportunities that could go from Sugar Skulls to Build your own Alebrije, and if I remember correctly, most of the Coco Merchandise at the DisneyShop website was sold out a few days after it became available...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom