Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I'm excited everyone seems to like it but sad that I still have so long to wait since it doesn't release in the UK until January 19th. I haven't seen any adverts for it in the UK yet but its very late release date probably explains that. It will be interesting to see how they promote it here considering the success it has already experienced elsewhere.

Jan 19? It should be nearing Bluray release by that time in the States. Or illegally downloaded online within a few weeks...:cautious:
Why so late in the UK?

Frizzball

Jan 19? It should be nearing Bluray release by that time in the States. Or illegally downloaded online within a few weeks...:cautious:
Why so late in the UK?
I have absolutely no clue, I only found out because I was trying to find a local screening and couldn't. Seems like at one point it was meant to release here concurrent to the US release but it got pushed back? It seems incredibly strange for them to avoid a holiday release slot but I've yet to find any official rationale for the decision.

On the plus side we won't have to sit through the Frozen short since that was shown here before a limited re-release to cinemas of the original film

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have absolutely no clue, I only found out because I was trying to find a local screening and couldn't. Seems like at one point it was meant to release here concurrent to the US release but it got pushed back? It seems incredibly strange for them to avoid a holiday release slot but I've yet to find any official rationale for the decision.

On the plus side we won't have to sit through the Frozen short since that was shown here before a limited re-release to cinemas of the original film
They had a hard time doing the English translation. ;)

homerdance

Just saw the movie today, it was surprisingly good. I have very low expectations and walked out thinking it was worth the trip, not sure I understand the timing of the release honestly, it doesn't scream holiday but worth seeing. I would also say, as a parent of child who loves the current Donald Duck Mexico ride, that this would be a great fit, if done correctly, to replace the boat ride in Mexico. Much better opportunity to tie to actual Mexican culture than the current ride.

Professortango1

It's definitely better than any of the Cars films and Nemo films and is a stronger whole than Up, Wall-E, and Ratatouille.

19. The Good Dinosaur
18. Cars 2
17. Brave
16. Monsters University
15. Finding Dory
14. Cars 3
13. Cars
12. Monsters Inc
11. Finding Nemo
10. Ratatouille
9. A Bugs Life
8. Up
7. Inside Out
6. The Incredibles
5. Wall-E
4. Coco
3. Toy Story
2. Toy Story 3
1. Toy Story 2

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

To each their own I guess. I came away from that movie emotionally spent.
And that was the problem for me. I didn't get emotionally connected to any of the other characters except Miguel, and even then I felt they did a better job establishing those connections in the first 15 minutes of Up than they did in the entire movie of Coco. Also, I'm heartless.

disneygeek90

And that was the problem for me. I didn't get emotionally connected to any of the other characters except Miguel, and even then I felt they did a better job establishing those connections in the first 15 minutes of Up than they did in the entire movie of Coco. Also, I'm heartless.
Watched that movie surrounded by my own family. I didn't even need to care about the characters (which I did). I cared about my family. Which was the whole message. You couldn't connect to the love between a father and his daughter?

mikejs78

Premium Member
It's definitely better than any of the Cars films and Nemo films and is a stronger whole than Up, Wall-E, and Ratatouille.

19. The Good Dinosaur
18. Cars 2
17. Brave
16. Monsters University
15. Finding Dory
14. Cars 3
13. Cars
12. Monsters Inc
11. Finding Nemo
10. Ratatouille
9. A Bugs Life
8. Up
7. Inside Out
6. The Incredibles
5. Wall-E
4. Coco
3. Toy Story
2. Toy Story 3
1. Toy Story 2
Bugs life higher than Dory, Monsters Inc, Rat? Wow....

mikejs78

Premium Member
Love Bug's Life. A fun adventure with Pixar's best villain. Dory was pretty mediocre and forced, Monsters was fun, but Randall is a weak antagonist and the movie has some lulls. Rat is a favorite of mine, but some of the human scenes don't grab me. I love the critic monologue at the end though.
Dory is one of my favorites - a beautiful love story of parents to a child with a disability. One of the best of Pixar IMO,.and better than the original. Bugs life has always been among the "Meh" Pixar films for me, along with either of the Cars sequels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom