Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Magic Feather

Coco is the name of a very important character in the film.

Also, the "dead" theme is never really in your face. Yes, they are in the Land of the Dead and there are skeletons, but it never feels depressing.
Coco is the matriarch of the family, her importance escalates, but she isn't exactly a tier one character. She's more of a plot device if anything. Also, the death theme is quite explicit at moments in the film.

Animaniac93-98

I've softened on the idea of Coco coming to Epcot, in part because of how popular the movie has become with Mexican audiences (it's now on track to becoming the biggest box office hit in Mexico's history). That combined with the story's strong ties to Mexican culture, make me think it would be a mistake not to feature the characters in some way. Having said that, any makeover could still have its shortcomings based on execution, and I DO NOT want another book-report ride, but I'm not as against cartoon tie-ins here.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171112_175535.jpg
20171112_175503.jpg
20171112_175406.jpg
A couple of random pics from the pavilion today. I noticed that the "El Rio del Tiempo" quotes have been removed. Sorry if this has all been discussed already but I'm far too lazy to do a search.

Jeremy Geertsema

Coco is the matriarch of the family, her importance escalates, but she isn't exactly a tier one character. She's more of a plot device if anything. Also, the death theme is quite explicit at moments in the film.
The theme is explicit at moments, but only select times. It's more towards the end of the film.
Coco is the saving grace for a main character, but yes it is an odd choice for the film title.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Comedian Arnold Stang was the voice of Top Cat who also voiced The Honey Nut Cheerios bee in the 70s and 80s.

Plus if you think that's bad they've also had plans on a Marvin the Martian Christmas movie and a Hong Kong Phooey movie voiced by Eddie Murphy. and we know how bad things can get with Eddie Murphy take the Haunted Mansion for example..
marvin-the-martian-hong-kong-phooey-slice.jpg

I'm still waiting for that Johnny Quest live action. Sigh. Wasn't there also a Jetsons movie in the works? Where was I going with this!? Anyway yeah.. HKP voiced by Eddie Murphy would be absolutely horrible.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm still waiting for that Johnny Quest live action. Sigh. Wasn't there also a Jetsons movie in the works? Where was I going with this!? Anyway yeah.. HKP voiced by Eddie Murphy would be absolutely horrible.

Yep the Jetsons movie is still going on directed by the director of Sausage Party....Noodle that one...
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/anitmated-jetsons-movie-sausage-party-director-1202444840/

Plus the S.C.O.O.B movie based around Scooby Doo in Animated form (Not live action) Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe film in 2020...
https://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-reboot-scoob-2018/
tumblr_nw36u9kcM31uylufgo1_500.jpg

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Yep the Jetsons movie is still going on directed by the director of Sausage Party....Noodle that one...
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/anitmated-jetsons-movie-sausage-party-director-1202444840/

Plus the S.C.O.O.B movie based around Scooby Doo in Animated form (Not live action) Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe film in 2020...
https://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-reboot-scoob-2018/
tumblr_nw36u9kcM31uylufgo1_500.jpg

It's not Scooby Doo without Casey Kasem. I haven't liked any of the newer series of shows. Some of the movies were good but not a fan of Lillard's gy. Prob not gonna like this one either. Looks.... off. The Jetson's one sounds interesting though.

Haha censor doesn't like Sh@g.

Last edited:

mgf

I noticed there are a lot of dead/glitching pixels on the video screens. Are they forgoing maintenance in anticipation of a shut down?

SpectroMan93

tumblr_ozhgdmWbvp1s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

Wow well it seems like this film is on its way securing that greenlight for The Mexico Pavilion. I think this settles it on what would represent Mexcio better for it's attraction.
After seeing this tonight, this is a very much well deserved achievement. My whole row was in tears by the time the credits rolled. A love letter to the people of Mexico.

Bender123

If you like Johnny Quest, then you should be watching Venture Brothers....It has to be the most screwed up and funniest show on TV. Imagine if Johnny Quest was all grown up and had to live with the emotional scars of being in all those dangerous situations, was unable to live up to his fathers level of intelligence and had kids that are the real natural outcome of their fathers insanity and self doubt.

It was actually supposed to BE Johnny Quest, but the creators didn't know Adult Swim had the rights, so they just made a look a new family. After they figured out the rights issue, the Quest family shows up frequently...Johnny is a drug addicted mess, Haji runs an IT company in India and Race is still doing Race things.

Well worth your time. It gets truly insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom