Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Darkbeer1

The parking lot right next to path doesn’t seem safe without bollards.

The new path appears to go between the monorail station and Rainforest building. Will security be right there?

On the West End, there has been two security check, the large one between the ESPN Zone and Earl of Sandwiches, and one between the ESPN Zone and Rainforest Café. It was used by people parking at the old lot, plus people walking from M&F. When they closed the parking lot, they still had a sidewalk open along the main road that went south to the ESPN Zone building. So that north checkpoint remained open, but with only a couple of gates open. I presume on Friday, more stations will be open.

I am attending the Lunch with Josh event at the GCH on Friday, and after that, I plan to walk (with my Upwalker) the bridge to check it out.

Ismael Flores

now that they are almost done its time for them to resubmit the east end project again. that thing also needs to be done already but somehow im worried that with the low summer crowds they will stupidly put that project on hold again.
that parking structure on the east end is still badly needed both for car and pedestrian control and DCA park expansion.

Darkbeer1

now that they are almost done its time for them to resubmit the east end project again. that thing also needs to be done already but somehow im worried that with the low summer crowds they will stupidly put that project on hold again.
that parking structure on the east end is still badly needed both for car and pedestrian control and DCA park expansion.

Disney knows the need, and also the possibility of losing control of the council in 2021 (not likely, but still, a possibility), so they are trying to time the introduction of the project to match their goals, plus listening to what the city leaders are saying.

shambolicdefending

Someone got up early this morning! :D

FreshBaked has a walk-through of the new bridge and path, for those that want to see it.

I think this confirms what I suspected before. The viability of using the bridge completely depends on how efficient the DTD security checkpoint is. If they go cheap and understaff it, nobody will bother walking the extra .6 miles.

Darkbeer1

Well, folks walking from the Hotels near Ball are getting a surprise this morning. At the Magic Way light, they now cross south into the new walkway area. That requires keep going south under the bridge to the base of the path, where they can either turn around and go north on the bridge to the trams, or just keep going south to DTD and the main entrance Plaza...

Writing this from the GCH lobby.

Will tell you about the security check after Lunch with Josh.

TP2000

Someone got up early this morning! :D

FreshBaked has a walk-through of the new bridge and path, for those that want to see it.

Thanks! I appreciate you posting this, and this walk-thru is actually helpful and interesting. This is an improvement for pedestrian access to Disneyland.

I had to laugh though at this comment linked below "I feel like I'm in Irvine!"

Aim high. :rolleyes:

TP2000

Any word when the DTD parking lot will reopen for the public?

Good question.

I've gotten into the habit of taking Uber to Disneyland lately (it's the same price as a parking lot, and much faster/easier to just be dropped off on Harbor), and I forgot that DTD parking lot was even an option in the past.

mandelbrot

Today it was DTD employee and CM parking. Looks like that will remain that way. Not enough spaces and would great traffic issues. Guests will be sent to Simba.

The drop off area is open to anyone to use but no parking.
Things are the same for now but changes are coming. DtD businesses have seen a dramatic drop in business since the parking changed. Disney gets a lot of money from those businesses. Resort-wide attendance has dropped this summer but it's most acutely felt in DtD.

Darkbeer1

Things are the same for now but changes are coming. DtD businesses have seen a dramatic drop in business since the parking changed. Disney gets a lot of money from those businesses. Resort-wide attendance has dropped this summer but it's most acutely felt in DtD.
Magic Way can only handle so much traffic, and no way can the traffic light intersection handle both the Pixar Pals entrance/exit and DTD parking.

Pixar Pals wins. Now will Disney do a walk path beautification project from Simba to the DLH security check? Good possibility.

I parked in the GCH self parking and walked around the entire area, and even up the Magic Way Bridge Ramp. The slope is just fine, I had no issue with my UpWalker.

The north DtD security check was open with multiple stations. Looks like they have 8 they can open depending on demand.

Today's CM and APD interactions at the DLR was amazing, though maybe they were warned about the few hundred "movers and shakers" on property. Both DLR Ambassadors ran into me in civilian clothes a couple of hours after the event. Justin said Hi real quickly (I have dealt with him multiple times regarding city events).

After dinner I hope to have time to talk about the event and major CSUF economic study.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

One more thing.

The locals have been scared off this summer due to the Galaxy Edge Reservations ads. That had to impact DTD visits too.

wowsmom

I'm not surprised to hear this. When we were house hunting in June, we popped into DTD for lunch every day we were there. It was easy. Then they closed the lot & it was no longer a quick stop so we got lunch closer to whatever area we were touring houses that day.

We closed in the end of July and have been for lunch & dinner a number of times since we moved to Anaheim, but more often than not, we just park in the garage, since we have parking on our APs and the walk is about the same. And since we don't need to get anything validated, we're less likely to buy stuff in DTD.

I just wish Simba lot had better/more ADA spaces. Maybe it's just because they've been working on the lot but it can be difficult to find open ADA spots or any other spots close by.

SuddenStorm

After months of anticipation, last night I was finally able to experience the resort's latest, most innovative, best executed, and most convenient new offering of 2019- the pedestrian walkway.

Arriving to the Pixar Pals structure around 8 pm, we were able to experience the walkway all lit at night.

Impressed by the utilization of Disney's 4 keys- safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency- the high rails, bright lighting, ease of use, and the sleek modern appearance created a walking experience like no other.

Cleanliness has already taken a hit though, as a guest has spilled a beverage. Disneyland, these kinds of cleanliness misshaps are unacceptable and should be addressed immediately.

As I walked past the spill, I immediately thought to myself- what would Walt think?

As we continued over the walkway, I was impressed with the new foliage along the path. Disneyland has sure come a long way from labelling weeds!

While at Downtown Disney, my friends and I enjoyed some Salt and Straw Ice Cream and good conversation.

After a short while, we made our way back to the new immersive pedestrian walkway experience.

While passing over the bridge, we were treated to a world class fireworks display:

All in all, the new bridge is a huge improvement and should make walking to Downtown Disney a far more pleasant experience, provided their security station is able to handle increased crowd flow.

Old Mouseketeer

Magic Way can only handle so much traffic, and no way can the traffic light intersection handle both the Pixar Pals entrance/exit and DTD parking.

Pixar Pals wins. Now will Disney do a walk path beautification project from Simba to the DLH security check? Good possibility.

I parked in the GCH self parking and walked around the entire area, and even up the Magic Way Bridge Ramp. The slope is just fine, I had no issue with my UpWalker.

The north DtD security check was open with multiple stations. Looks like they have 8 they can open depending on demand.

Today's CM and APD interactions at the DLR was amazing, though maybe they were warned about the few hundred "movers and shakers" on property. Both DLR Ambassadors ran into me in civilian clothes a couple of hours after the event. Justin said Hi real quickly (I have dealt with him multiple times regarding city events).

After dinner I hope to have time to talk about the event and major CSUF economic study.

Justin is a class act. I don't know if this will derail his acting career, but he's a sharp guy. I know someone who worked with him at Jedi Academy and met him socially back in the day. This is at least the second Union Performer (AGVA) that has made Ambassador (Jessica Bernard). From what I hear from CMs, he really knows how to fill the role (and I'm not just being snarky).

Darkbeer1

Some photos from Friday, DtD to the Structures

The Drop off area.

20190913_154300-XL.jpg

20190913_154305-XL.jpg

20190913_154314-XL.jpg

The large Northern DtD Security check area, with a lot of individual stations.

20190913_154449-XL.jpg

20190913_154549-XL.jpg

New CM/DtD Employee and Vendor parking, plus some TDA spots

20190913_155044-XL.jpg

20190913_160105-XL.jpg

The split, left to the corner of Magic Way and Disneyland Drive (Public sidewalk), left to the bridge.

20190913_155506-XL.jpg

Magic Way access

20190913_155931-XL.jpg

20190913_155944-XL.jpg

Alas, they still have to allow ADA folks to cross the tram path (for now)

20190913_160234-XL.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom