Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

mandelbrot

How is it a bad design? It's keeping people off of the parking lot. How could you make it shorter without either bisecting the parking lot (which was the whole point of the project) or keeping the ramp at a high elevation across the center of the parking lot which would have costed a lot more?

No, not bad design, just lazy and impatient people. If 100 extra feet is too much for them maybe they should just take the tram.
Not 100 extra feet. More like 1000 extra feet.

It's a bad design because it is NOT keeping people off the parking lot. Many many people are choosing to cross the parking lot rather than follow the inconvenient path. The landscaping is already badly damaged.

The correct solution would have been for the ramp from the bridge to go slightly right and then down towards a central island in the parking lot. Bad design unless that parking lot is going away soon. That once was likely but not anymore.

Darkbeer1

Not 100 extra feet. More like 1000 extra feet.

It's a bad design because it is NOT keeping people off the parking lot. Many many people are choosing to cross the parking lot rather than follow the inconvenient path. The landscaping is already badly damaged.

The correct solution would have been for the ramp from the bridge to go slightly right and then down towards a central island in the parking lot. Bad design unless that parking lot is going away soon. That once was likely but not anymore.

Ironic, the path was chosen to keep guests and vehicles separate by placing the path on the edge of the lot.

Maybe they should place a physical fence to prevent it from happening....

Ismael Flores

people are just getting lazier, that is why as a nation we have an obesity and overall health issue.
we also have lost any sense of respect towards other things. i am always frustrated at how adults allow their children to destroy the landscaping at the parks and then in this case even teach them it is ok to trample the landscape and ignore things that are put in place for their safety

Phroobar

people are just getting lazier, that is why as a nation we have an obesity and overall health issue.
we also have lost any sense of respect towards other things. i am always frustrated at how adults allow their children to destroy the landscaping at the parks and then in this case even teach them it is ok to trample the landscape and ignore things that are put in place for their safety
Next thing you know kids will be peeing on the Walt statue just like they do at Shanghai Disneyland.

truecoat

Actually, it's the amount of high fructose corn syrup in everthing from bread to spaghetti sauce.

Phroobar

Actually, it's the amount of high fructose corn syrup in everything from bread to spaghetti sauce.
1mqjjd.jpg

mandelbrot

Ironic, the path was chosen to keep guests and vehicles separate by placing the path on the edge of the lot.

Maybe they should place a physical fence to prevent it from happening....
A fence would do it.

It won't happen though since that short bit of landscaping that people trample through is part of an emergency exit route. Ramp to parking lot on one side and gate to Disneyland drive on the other.

Ismael Flores

so was here thinking about something that i loved about the old Tram route. Anyone know what happened to the gorgeous tree that sat high up in the round planter where the turn around was. I really hope that they saved it and relocated it somewhere.

Ismael Flores

A fence would do it.

It won't happen though since that short bit of landscaping that people trample through is part of an emergency exit route. Ramp to parking lot on one side and gate to Disneyland drive on the other.

maybe it would, there is a gate on the opposite side of that emergency route. They just need to make sure it can be opened when needed.

Ismael Flores

Actually, it's the amount of high fructose corn syrup in everthing from bread to spaghetti sauce.

So true,

Funny everytime i travel i am told to be careful when eating anything foreign. I ignore them and try anything and feel so healthy, lively and just really energetic. Then i come back and a few days of eating all the processed food filled with preservatives and a get sick and then have no energy until the next trip.
They have a running joke here where i work, as soon as they see me feeling unhealthy they say its time for me to travel because i always come back looking healthy

TROR

The Mickey ball honestly is so dumb. No one thinks Mickey Mouse and instantly draws up a three dimensional Mickey Mouse silhouette wearing a pair of red pants with yellow buttons. It's trying so hard to be the Pixar ball and simultaneously an emoji like Instagram photo op, that it's just dumb. If it were the Sorcerer's Hat, a Mickey Mouse statue, or even just the Mickey Mouse silhouette without the pants painted on, I'd either love it or have no issue. Ideally it should be a fountain, but obviously they didn't lay any pipework that would necessitate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom