Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Ismael Flores

Here's the very latest from our favorite lady blogger.

This is now 60 days from when this is supposed to be handling hordes of Star Wars Land crowds. I don't think they are going to be ready or able to handle that this June, but that's just me.

well actually they have approximately 120 days give or take a week according to the time frame they said it would open.
Didn’t they say it would open end if July?

DLR>WDW

I know it’s just a parking structure... buuuuuuut we got some exciting progress this week! All photos courtesy DisneyGeek.com.

Also, the use of a second entrance to the parking complex has been confirmed by DLT on Twitter. Shoutout to Darkbeer for dropping this info months ago. Haha

Darkbeer1

A second entrance? So how will cars be stacked 60% more? Maybe they’ll be routed around somehow.

Anything on city property doesn't change, aka the Fly-over bridge over Ball and the access to them. Only on Disney property will they be allowed to add lanes and re-direct traffic. As I said, one part will have close to allow the expansion and shifting of lanes. Then it can reopen....

DLR>WDW

It wasn't a secret, and on the plans... Didn't violate my NDA's....
Oh yes I know. It just was never mentioned by Disney themselves, only from the City Council meetings you attended and posted here about! Hope we get those prepaid AP parking lines! fingers crossed
Not only that but that is the new tram path being paved! Not long now until the tram gets rerouted into the structure and the rest of the trees and such are added for the courtyard (or whatever they're calling it).
I'm interested to see how they'll handle the repaving and planting in the plaza area. Maybe they'll get get flooring, trees, etc installed around the Pixar Pals escalator banks/new security entrance and then divert all guest to that side while they work on the side closest to M&F? They better get this done by June 24th!
I know, very odd thing to be interested in. lol.

BubbaQuest

Anything on city property doesn't change, aka the Fly-over bridge over Ball and the access to them. Only on Disney property will they be allowed to add lanes and re-direct traffic. As I said, one part will have close to allow the expansion and shifting of lanes. Then it can reopen....

I'm confused. With the Disneyland Drive split/flyover and the location of the tram, I didn't think they had anymore room to add another entrance until after you entered the existing parking structure (but before the existing toll booths). The tweet made it sound like you could enter the new structure without using the existing Disneyland Drive entrance. Did I miss something?

Old Mouseketeer

Kind of shocking since Disney seems to remove them all the time.

Are you including the recent massive removal due to the statewide beetle infestation? Or maybe the loss of trees from the old berm to make way for SWL, but fairly substantial planting of younger trees that will grow and fill in over the years to come. IMHO, trees will only be more important as Disneyland continues to become a very urban landscape. It's less and less of a park all the time. But the vertical greenery the trees provide helps to soften and divide the vistas.

And don't forget, the reduced size of the planter on the corner of Autopia is exposing the magnificent multi-trunk palm tree that was installed in 1967.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm interested to see how they'll handle the repaving and planting in the plaza area. Maybe they'll get get flooring, trees, etc installed around the Pixar Pals escalator banks/new security entrance and then divert all guest to that side while they work on the side closest to M&F? They better get this done by June 24th!
I know, very odd thing to be interested in. lol.

Yes those pictures show they are already adding trees in the security area near the stairs. So the reroute of the tram into PixarPals with it continuing to load in M&F will likely be late April/beginning of May in my opinion. Then I personally expect they'll close off the current tram path and reroute guest traffic into M&F right off of the M&F escalators, no stacking like right now (it'll be the slow period right before summer), then finish the trees in the current tram path. Once all that is done open the new security checkpoint if I guess correctly, and have tram loading moved into its permanent location in PixarPals. Now whether PixarPals is actually opened by that point for car traffic or not will remain to be seen. But June/July is around the corner, so we're in the tail end of the major part of the project now.

It'll be interesting to see how its going to play out....

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

Yes those pictures show they are already adding trees in the security area near the stairs. So the reroute of the tram into PixarPals with it continuing to load in M&F will likely be late April/beginning of May in my opinion. Then I personally expect they'll close off the current tram path and reroute guest traffic into M&F right off of the M&F escalators, no stacking like right now (it'll be the slow period right before summer), then finish the trees in the current tram path. Once all that is done open the new security checkpoint if I guess correctly, and have tram loading moved into its permanent location in PixarPals. Now whether PixarPals is actually opened by that point for car traffic or not will remain to be seen. But June/July is around the corner, so we're in the tail end of the major part of the project now.

It'll be interesting to see how its going to play out....

I expect an update on every tree, lamp post, and sign between now and then! (Yes, I'm a total construction junkie--I NEED MY FIX NOWWW!!!)

build_it

@Darkbeer1 Will they be allowed to open the new tram path and security prior to the actual garage being opened? From what you've mentioned previously, they won't be able to use the new parking spaces until access and the pedestrian bridge are in place, but I would think there would be good operational improvements just to have security and trams done.

Darkbeer1

@Darkbeer1 Will they be allowed to open the new tram path and security prior to the actual garage being opened? From what you've mentioned previously, they won't be able to use the new parking spaces until access and the pedestrian bridge are in place, but I would think there would be good operational improvements just to have security and trams done.
Moving the trams and Security is totally on Disney property and doesn't change the volume of guests using it, so yes, they can do that as soon as the area is not declared a construction zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom