Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Darkbeer1

Going back to the FasTrak issue.

>>Q. We have a FasTrak account with the Toll Roads of Orange County, and we just received notification that the system is going to a sticker transponder. My wonderful wife, Lisa, and I drive all over the state. There are some places where we can flip a dial on the current transponder to let the system know that there are two or three of us in the vehicle so we can take that tollway for free. Will we now have to have two transponders?
– David Michael Klawe, Anaheim

A. No, you can just keep using the current transponder, at least for now, or use the sticker and put the old-style one in place when you need it.

Throughout California, the system is integrated to make it easy for drivers to go from one tollway to the next with the same transponder. The state is going higher-tech, catching up with some other states, and this will allow the new sticker, the size of a bandage, to replace the somewhat clunky one you have been using that requires a battery.

Beginning in June, stickers will be mailed out for customers of the 241, 261, 73 and 133 toll roads – the first ones to use the stickers in California.

For those who pay the $2 monthly maintenance fee, it is going away July 1, no matter what device you place in your window. The stickers, by the way, don’t beep like the current transponders.

“We are … encouraging customers to keep their switchable FasTrak transponder(s) to be eligible for carpool discounts on designated express lanes throughout California,” said Sarah Swensson King, a spokeswoman for those four O.C. toll roads, told Honk in an email.

That could be beneficial in some places where discounts are offered, such as on the 10 and 110 freeways in Los Angeles County and up in the San Francisco Bay area.

Orange County’s other tollway, the 91 Express Lanes, plans to offer the stickers later this year.<<

So basically, ONLY if you use the OC Toll Roads and the 91 Express Lanes (Orange and Riverside County, and no other locations), should you use the new sticker. Also, if you 100% drive as a solo driver statewide (very few).

But for those who drive in San Diego County, LA County or the Bay Area, DON'T use the sticker!!!

Also, Do not place both a current version AND a sticker on the same vehicle, as the systems are not all designed alike.

I also got a new license agreement from the Toll Roads after I submitted my question to Honk, who I happen to know going back decades. (The question was more detailed, but was edited for length, which I reviewed prior to publication).

If you want a new Switchable Transponder, you will pay a one-time $20 fee. No monthly fees will be charged to those registered with the Toll Roads.

When the LA Metro first came out, we closed our Toll Roads account, so we could get a switchable transponder. About a year later, The Toll Roads started to issue them, so we closed the Metro account, and opened a new Toll Roads account, to pay lower overall fees.

Basically the system has been screwy for decades. I got my first FasTrak in San Diego for the 15 Express Lanes when they opened.

The State needs to mandate the Switchable FasTrak for all, and mandate a standard monthly fee and transponder cost. EZ Pass is adding the Switchable ones in other states, as the Federal Government rules basically require the switchable one for new lanes opening with Federal money (in part).

So EZ Pass and FasTrak will work in all states that use them for Toll Roads and Bridges, and that is the goal that California mandated, but hasn't followed through.

TP2000

I'm up late as I've been texting/phoning all night with family as we had an extended family member on that Miami Air flight that skidded off the runway in Jacksonville (I still have family back East), but the good news is that all are okay and our favorite lady blogger has just released a new update on the Pixar Pals parking structure.

For those keeping score at home, Star Wars Land opens in 26 days....

mm121

I'm up late as I've been texting/phoning all night with family as we had an extended family member on that Miami Air flight that skidded off the runway in Jacksonville (I still have family back East), but the good news is that all are okay and our favorite lady blogger has just released a new update on the Pixar Pals parking structure.

For those keeping score at home, Star Wars Land opens in 26 days....

Confirms location of where the walkway bridge will connect

mm121

We'd noticed the fenced off area in DTD but it hadn't yet occurred to me that's where the walkway bridge will be, so this was cool to see.
Yea had thought it was going to be just a few feet farther west connecting to the straight bridge section.

Wasn't expecting it to connect to the circular part.

truecoat

Looks like Mr. Bioreconstruct took a trip out west. This pic shows all the clearing for the pedestrian bridge and pathway.

C81FA913-1AE4-4710-92C9-1A3BBCA33A7B.jpeg

Ismael Flores

maybe those are the exit ramps and the entrance will use the mickey ramps. Castmembers will just guide guests over the connectors and park people first at the PP and continue with the M and F as they go level by level.
or

they are the entrance ramps and they will have guests use the crossing connectors to access the existing exit ramps.

Darkbeer1

OK, just had a text chat. I forgot, and the news is NOT good.

If you plan to stay until near closing, I strongly recommend using the Toy Story Lot. Between using the current trams, with no additions, and now the way to PP, you will be screwed..

The answer to exiting Pixar Pier, drive on the same level to the M&F exit ramp, and leave... Oh, the joy of being forced onto the Ball Road bypass ramp and straight to the I-5. Good for the residents, frustration for DLR drivers!

Darkbeer1

maybe those are the exit ramps and the entrance will use the mickey ramps. Castmembers will just guide guests over the connectors and park people first at the PP and continue with the M and F as they go level by level.
or

they are the entrance ramps and they will have guests use the crossing connectors to access the existing exit ramps.

Those are the new entrance ramps. Two ramps to go up, one set to leave....

Darkbeer1

Bioreconstruct:
D6CKgV8UcAAWlqx.jpg:large

And only two new elevators on the South Side, And the awful traffic flow of parking East to West, which creates guests trying walk to the esclators, blocking the cars trying to park. Oh, the complaints I see coming.

Toy Story, use ART or OCTA, Uber/Lyft, etc. Just avoid the Parking Structure at all costs.

If you drive to the parks on I-5 South, go to Disney Way, left on Harbor to Convention Way, another left to Toy Story.

Let others find the Joys of the M&F/PP combo, and just watch social media and the slew of "love letters" they will post in regards to their wonderful experience at the Structures.

DanielBB8

I hope for the straightest path to Downtown Disney. That’s a long walk, but it’ll seem shorter if there’s more to see. I wonder why they haven’t reopened the Rainforest Cafe. It’ll be a good stroller locker.

Darkbeer1

I hope for the straightest path to Downtown Disney. That’s a long walk, but it’ll seem shorter if there’s more to see.

The dirt path matched up with what I said earlier, closest to the Structure on the Southern Edge of Magic Way will be a long, ADA friendly ramp, and then a wide sidewalk on the edge of the parking lot towards the Monorail Station, then the turn west to the current Security Check located between the former Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone.

As for the view, vegitation on both sides of the sidewalk, and views of a LOT of vehicles on both sides.

mm121

And only two new elevators on the South Side, And the awful traffic flow of parking East to West, which creates guests trying walk to the esclators, blocking the cars trying to park. Oh, the complaints I see coming.

Toy Story, use ART or OCTA, Uber/Lyft, etc. Just avoid the Parking Structure at all costs.

If you drive to the parks on I-5 South, go to Disney Way, left on Harbor to Convention Way, another left to Toy Story.

Let others find the Joys of the M&F/PP combo, and just watch social media and the slew of "love letters" they will post in regards to their wonderful experience at the Structures.
That definitely seems like a mess at exit time with one set of down ramps all heading in the same direction.

If Pixar has 2 elevators.

Doesn't Mickey only have one? Though weren't there reports of building more for M&F?

Ismael Flores

Those are the new entrance ramps. Two ramps to go up, one set to leave....

I'm a bit confused here, what two ramps are you talking about?

So i see that the new structure has a 1 ramp for each level are you saying those are the new entrance ramps for that structure and that both structures will use the existing exit ramps? that would be the same as what i posted in the above post after "or"

or are you saying something else and i am really confused :)

Edit: just saw one of your previous posts and it looks the situation is as i had imagined. shared exit ramps with each structure having their own entrance ramps.

It makes sense to have double the amount of entrance ramps to get guests of the street asap. The shared exit ramps will be a nightmare at closing or after fireworks but the advantage is that guests are trapped within the structure and not city streets. now if only Anaheim police would put cones during exit to force all the ramps to merge into two lanes that is such a chaos and only causes problems. I know they are trying to get people off city streets but most guests just find the nearest freeway ramp or scattered after leaving the resort. sometimes over controlling traffic creates more of a mess than letting it flow

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom