Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun! video

Jrn14

Wow that was horrendous...

I mean it just looks Soooooo cheap... looks like something you would see at .. I don't know Boise Idaho's Town Pride day.... maybe i'm being a bit harsh... but hula hoops, scooters, ribbons on batons... those "fun fun fun" floats look like gigantic boxes... the music is gawd awful.... who greenlit that embarassment... it's so generic and boring.

Some of you have probably already seen DCA's Play Parade, but for those who haven't, or those who just would like to see a good video of it, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCCop6NVCsc&hd=1

This is the quality of parades Disney should be producing, bare minimum. Imaginative float design, creative costumes (that don't look like they were bought from a sporting goods store), fun music with some variety to it, lots of characters and performers, an even pace (allowing performers to interact with the crowd), and choreography the shows off the dancers' skills. Great acro is just icing on the cake.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Some of you have probably already seen DCA's Play Parade, but for those who haven't, or those who just would like to see a good video of it, here you go:

This is the quality of parades Disney should be producing, bare minimum. Imaginative float design, creative costumes (that don't look like they were bought from a sporting goods store), fun music with some variety to it, lots of characters and performers, an even pace (allowing performers to interact with the crowd), and choreography the shows off the dancers' skills. Great acro is just icing on the cake.

Wow! What a high quality, energetic, well-produced show! Shame we can't get something like that down in WDW.

Yet another reason why DLR > WDW.

TP2000

You forgot all the bubble and water effects that interact with the crowd. And that it's a 14 minute long parade instead of 7 minutes.

To be honest, the Pixar Play Parade actually is the quality of parades Disney is producing. Just not at Walt Disney World. :eek:

Which is truly baffling, since sitting here in Southern California I just can't figure out why WDW management wouldn't want to at least meet the Disneyland standard for park entertainment, if not surpass it since they claim they are the "flagship resort". (I'm beginning to think the rest of the fleet left port without them.)

Anaheim does great parades, swapped out for new ones every few years. Hong Kong does it. Tokyo does it so good it makes your head spin. Heck, even Paris does parades better than WDW now. It's truly baffling, but this type of product represented by Countdown To Fun is solely a Florida phenomenon.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

What an awesome parade. I'm so sorry that I didn't get to see it this past summer. I was incredibly surprised at all the acrobatics (and water!) involved though. Seems like a huge liability but well worth it I guess. :shrug:

sponono88

You forgot all the bubble and water effects that interact with the crowd. And that it's a 14 minute long parade instead of 7 minutes.

And it's longer when they include the Ratatouille float (which is only added to the parade seasonally.) It's a huge kitchen-themed float with bungee rats and foam effects. Very fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPBDuzTRGM&feature=related

At Pixar Play Parade there are 12 main floats, some that are two stories tall. There are over 100 cast and crew members and they include dancers, puppeteers, acrobats, stilt walkers, and bungee jumpers. There's also the water and bubble effects that TP2000 mentioned.. and of course, Jack Jack's fire!

3875251609_63dd3c9b77.jpg

Dizmentia

Wow, this is such a shame. Hong Kong Disneyland's "Mickey's Water Works" parade (which is where the "Pixar Play Parade" theme song came from, which was in turn butchered for the "Countdown to Fun Parade") is a million times better than this Disney's Hollywood Studios parade and the Hong Kong park is considered to be the red-headed stepchild of the Disney Parks.

hpyhnt 1000

And it's longer when they include the Ratatouille float (which is only added to the parade seasonally.) It's a huge kitchen-themed float with bungee rats and foam effects. Very fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPBDuzTRGM&feature=related

At Pixar Play Parade there are 12 main floats, some that are two stories tall. There are over 100 cast and crew members and they include dancers, puppeteers, acrobats, stilt walkers, and bungee jumpers. There's also the water and bubble effects that TP2000 mentioned.. and of course, Jack Jack's fire!

3875251609_63dd3c9b77.jpg

I don't know how much closer to a side by side comparison you can get between two parades. Same theme, same music, same characters and movies, yet Pixar Play is so unbelievably superior in every way that it hurts to think about our piece of ...well, this is a family forum.

In fact, there really is no comparison; PPP is a true parade; out "Letdown" to Fun is no where close to earning the title of "parade" (or even entertainment for that matter).

Tori

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...to-fun-more-like-cou-01182011,0,2438599.story

There's some irony -- bitter irony -- in the fact that Disney World's new parade has added "fun" to the title, yet removed the elements that make watching a parade fun.

Admittedly, the new parade -- called Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun -- had a tough act to follow at Disney's Hollywood Studios, coming after the high-energy acrobatics of Block Party Bash.

But with this totally forgettable parade, it's as if Disney didn't even try. Block Party Bash had trampoline artists, shouting contests, a participatory dance party. The original Countdown to Fun Parade, at Disney's California Adventure, featured gymnasts, bubbles, squirt guns and aerialists.

None of that is on hand at the Studios' Countdown.

It is nice to see Pixar characters Remy (from "Ratatouille"), and Carl, Dug the Dog and Russell from "Up." But even the characters aren't given any spark -- none speak and they have no way to express their personalities except through the same choreography as the dancers.

Think of it less as entertainment and more of a moving photo opportunity. And it moves fast: The whole parade passed me in less than 5 minutes. I clocked it at about 15 minutes from entering the park to leaving (and there's no finale, as in Block Party Bash.)

The speedy procession surely delights Disney crowd-control workers. It might also help curb disappointment. As I left the park, a guest in front of me said to his friend, "Well, at least it was short."

As usual, when Disney entertainment misfires, the hard-working cast members are left to do all they can to save the day. And the crew I saw was full of pep, singing along to the catchy tune and shouting with gusto as they repeatedly went through their countdown. Let me know when the fun arrives.

TP2000

Ouch. That's a real zinger of a review. It's accurate, but it still must be painful for TDO to read it in the newspaper like that. :eek:

While I watched the press event video stream yesterday, I physically cringed when Disney's first audio-animatronic executive, Meg Crofton, said the words "high-energy" to describe the new Countdown To Fun parade. I wish Disney could fine tune her programming and improve her ability to appear genuine for big events like that.

hpyhnt 1000

Ouch. That's a real zinger of a review. It's accurate, but it still must be painful for TDO to read it in the newspaper like that. :eek:

While I watched the press event video stream yesterday, I physically cringed when Disney's first audio-animatronic executive, Meg Crofton, said the words "high-energy" to describe the new Countdown To Fun parade. I wish Disney could fine tune her programming and improve her ability to appear genuine for big events like that.

Take what you just said and apply it to every executive that was at the press conference. The most "alive" person there was the guy who talked about the surveys. :dazzle:

mm52200

Wow that's a pretty bad review and it doesn't even touch on the fact that all the floats are from Block Party Bash, all the costumes are from Block Party Bash, the bad paint job, the repetive soundtrack, and many more of the bad elements of this parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom