Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun! video

David S.

For my taste, I prefer this version over Block Party Bash.

First, I like how there are more films represented and thus more characters. (even if the new characters didn't get floats as nice as the older floats carried over from BPB!)

Second, I prefer the slower, more parade-like speed at which this travels, like SpoonOfSugar mentioned. BPB FLEW by, unless you watched it in a "show stop" zone.

And if you DID watch BPB in a "show stop" zone, you had to watch it in a crowded part of the route where I would normally not choose to watch a parade. And even if you watched BPB in a "show stop" zone, there was still a sense that you were MISSING something, as you could only see a tiny part of what went on during the "show stop". (whatever was in front of you)

Lastly, while I still prefer Disney parades to use original music, at least this version is spared the annoying and noisy Green Army men and all their "nightclub DJ" cliches spoken over the music and repeated over and over again ("make some noise", etc).

So to sum up, I prefer this over BPB, but would take Stars and Motor Cars over both! Stars and Motor Cars featured more characters from more films, including Disney characters from the Animated Classics, Mickey and the "Fab 5", and, appropriate to the Studios, Muppets and Star Wars characters. The original soundtrack was EXTREMELY catchy and excellent, and I felt the theme of the parade fit the theme of "Old Hollywood" perfectly and was a natural fit for the park.

But again, I am happy with this new version, at least in comparison with BPB!

disnyfan89

Anyone who hates this parade should send these following individuals a very lovely message stating their dislike with the parade:

Thomas O Staggs- Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts: Tom.Staggs@Disney.com
Meg Crofton- President of WDW: Meg.Crofton@Disney.com
Rilous Carter- VP DHS/Spec Events: Rilous.Carter@Disney.com
Steven B Davison- VP Parades and Spectaculars: Steve.Davison@Disney.com

Now is the time to complain people! Complain like you've never complained before!

thelookingglass

Second, I prefer the slower, more parade-like speed at which this travels, like SpoonOfSugar mentioned. BPB FLEW by, unless you watched it in a "show stop" zone.

And if you DID watch BPB in a "show stop" zone, you had to watch it in a crowded part of the route where I would normally not choose to watch a parade. And even if you watched BPB in a "show stop" zone, there was still a sense that you were MISSING something, as you could only see a tiny part of what went on during the "show stop". (whatever was in front of you)
The show stop zones made up about 3/4ths of the parade route... The only place you didn't see a performance was from Sounds Dangerous to Star Tours.

Lastly, while I still prefer Disney parades to use original music, at least this version is spared the annoying and noisy Green Army men and all their "nightclub DJ" cliches spoken over the music and repeated over and over again ("make some noise", etc).
The green army men were what MADE the Block Party Bash, and they were hilarious, good sir. :mad: Also, they never repeated themselves during a show stop. They are what tied what is basically a bunch of randomness together to give the parade a cohesive theme - the toys are organizing a block party which is being carried about by the army men, who are viewing it as a "party mission."

David S.

The show stop zones made up about 3/4ths of the parade route... The only place you didn't see a performance was from Sounds Dangerous to Star Tours.

Well, my favorite place to watch a parade at the Studios is right by the gate by Sid Cuyahoga's (sp?) and that wasn't a show stop zone. I can walk up right before a parade starts and usually get front row, without blocking anyone or being blocked. Which was good for BPH because a lot of the walking characters would wave to me and give high-fives and such. Granted, in BPB's case, part of the reason this spot wasn't crowded was partly because it wasn't a show stop zone, but I've also been able to consistently get a front row spot there for Stars and Motor Cars and the Star Wars Weekends parade right before they start.

The green army men were what MADE the Block Party Bash, and they were hilarious, good sir. :mad: Also, they never repeated themselves during a show stop. They are what tied what is basically a bunch of randomness together to give the parade a cohesive theme - the toys are organizing a block party which is being carried about by the army men, who are viewing it as a "party mission."

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm more an audio than visual person, and I found it annoying that they kept talking over the music - even if the music was just pop songs that had nothing to do with the Disney/Pixar characters or movies. If I were to just close my eyes and listen to the audio - given the pop songs, loud army men, etc - it felt more to me like I was in a loud nightclub than listening to a Disney parade soundtrack.

If they would have used music and songs from the Pixar films (even if they would have had to put a more dancy beat to them to fit the choreography), or come up with an original soundtrack just for the parade (like the awesome Stars and Motor Cars soundtrack), I could have gotten into it more in an aural sense.

I don't mean for my comments to indicate any disrespect to those who enjoy BPB - it was just my honest reaction to the parade :)

KevinYee

Another vote for "disappointed" by the parade. It wasn't any one thing. It was just underwhelming, is all. There's no way factor.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
From MousePlanet today:

"…Initial reviews from yesterday's first running of the new Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios are unanimously unimpressed with the park's latest offering."

WDWFigment

Eh, wake me up when they bring back Stars and Motorcars. I was unimpressed by BPB, I don't see how this could be much worse.

menamechris

You'd rather watch floats slowly go by with characters waving then watch talented performers work their butts off? The showstops with the great choreography, the interactive elements, the Green Army Men, acrobats, trampolines, jumpropes, jumping stilts, and an overall innovative parade did nothing for you? You would rather just watch the characters slowly go by? Well that's Countdown to Fun.

I know everyone enjoys different types of parades, but I have to admit, I think showstops are uncomfortable. And I LOVE a good parade, but keep it moving! But hey, variety is the spice of life, right?

Where is the video, anybody have a link? I searched the site and found nothing.
Click on the video section at the top of the page.(between news and community) It should be the first one that comes up. If not click on the recently added videos :)
Eh, wake me up when they bring back Stars and Motorcars. I was unimpressed by BPB, I don't see how this could be much worse.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't like either but I loved stars and motor cars. It had the DHS/MGM vibe to it and the soundtrack was so much better. Too bad it went over to DLP

S

stphnbogert

Is it possible that this is just the beginning of this parade? Weren't they adding characters from Cars and Pixar has two more movies coming out this year (Brave and Cars 2). So I'm sure more characters are being added...

however the floats that were just used need to change. I was looking forward to seeing what the UP! float was going to look like.

Tori

For the people who love generic parades just go MK or AK. Leave Block Party Bash for the people who loved it. I loved BPB! It was different and unique. I loved everything from the hilarious green army men to the high flying acrobats.

Sometimes I don't know why I still go to Disney World. But then I remember why and those things are starting to get few and far between.

I will be sending a letter and I encourage everyone to do the same.

menamechris

"Bang on the Drum" is the song loop? Really? It could be worse, I suppose. I just don't know why they can't get good parades in Hollywood Studios....

PKD

Is it possible that this is just the beginning of this parade? Weren't they adding characters from Cars and Pixar has two more movies coming out this year (Brave and Cars 2). So I'm sure more characters are being added...

however the floats that were just used need to change. I was looking forward to seeing what the UP! float was going to look like.

There was an issue with timing/routing Mater and Lighting from the meet & greet area to the parade line up and then back again. As of now, Cars won't be featured in the Recycle, Reduce, Reuse parade.

S

stphnbogert

There was an issue with timing/routing Mater and Lighting from the meet & greet area to the parade line up and then back again. As of now, Cars won't be featured in the Recycle, Reduce, Reuse parade.

thanks! i just found it odd that is what that short. for music i would of used the climax songs used in each one. and made different floats based on each character (like monsters inc and toy story had). but hopefully they build onto the parade and make it amazing.

mm52200

They aren't adding any more floats or characters and it's far from amazing.

Not specifically to you but I just constantly keep thinking I told you so about this parade. This is exactly what I guessed it would be like. It's ashame though that it was even lower than my LOW expectations.

thelookingglass

Maybe it wasn't your cup of tea, but I'm not sure how talented performers doing acrobatics and giving the highest energy performance a WDW parade has ever seen is more unimpressive than characters sitting in a slow moving car waving at you.

I'll agree that Stars and Motor Cars fit the theme of DHS well. It didn't make it a good parade.

S

stphnbogert

They aren't adding any more floats or characters and it's far from amazing.

Not specifically to you but I just constantly keep thinking I told you so about this parade. This is exactly what I guessed it would be like. It's ashame though that it was even lower than my LOW expectations.

i knew it was going to be great or even good. but i'm hoping they do something with this parade. disneyland is getting mickey's soundsational parade (A BRAND NEW PARADE). i just don't understand how they give us a "new" parade but its just recycled. i am disappointed but i'm also hoping that this isn't going to be something that stays that way. i'm hoping more pixar floats are added and they change the floats and make them more themed to pixar. but oh well. =/

Bender!

Okay, this is messed up. I never got a chance to see the Block Party until my trip last year, and I highly enjoyed it.

First they retire Bo Peep, and now this?!? Goodness, if it ain't broke, don't break it. They could have just made another float for the newer Pixar franchises and I don't think people would have minded that much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom