Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

D

Deleted member 107043

I assumed that the increase in traffic, especially from curious out of towners and SW fans who might be Disney park newbies, would push more people into DCA than usual. I'm expecting both parks to see increases, but more so at DL, of course.

DanielBB8

What fans claim online:
write-angry-letter.jpg

What actually happens:

l3vcyt-b78651586z.120100611142510000gefor9on.1.jpg
I actually watch the YouTube videos and get excited about it. What’s to complain? I remembered when nothing happened to the parks for years at a time. Those were the days when it’s absolutely boring to go to one park and there’s nothing new. Well, maybe Electrical parade’s ever lasting farewell.

Sir_Cliff

Yeah, the whole “at least it’s hidden” thing doesn’t fly with me, because it’s still in the park. Anyone could ignore that, or ignore Pixar Pier as well. No one will be forced to go to either, however it doesn’t take away the fact that they’re there. The rides at PP are the same. The aesthetic is different.

Again, both look terrible. Both are examples of the lazy work being done currently within the company. If I had to suffer through one, it would be PP. I’m somewhat interested in Incredicoaster, specifically the entrance. There’s quite literally nothing about TSL that interests me. I don’t want to experience a land solely based on Toy Story.

It’s fine if you and others disagree.
Fair enough, but PP really dominates the landscape at DCA. To me it's kind of like if they did a Pixar overlay to Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom. Sure, you could ignore it, but it is kind of in your face! Google Image search Disney California Adventure and see what comes up...

Last edited:

TROR

Lucasfilm summer event next year. I've already declared it. It'll have Star Wars fireworks, new additions to IJA, and SWL.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I actually watch the YouTube videos and get excited about it. What’s to complain? I remembered when nothing happened to the parks for years at a time. Those were the days when it’s absolutely boring to go to one park and there’s nothing new. Well, maybe Electrical parade’s ever lasting farewell.

Yeah and in those years tickets cost practically nothing.

Today, ticket and AP prices are incredibly high, and the company is more profitable than ever (parks and resorts in particular) with billions at their disposal.

They COULD do something amazing (and they are in some cases - like SWGE) but they aren’t here. Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier are cheap, lazy, slapped together and ugly. For the prices they charge and the resources at their disposal, EVERYTHING should be amazing. Everything.

That’s why people complain and get upset. They could do great things, but they don’t, and “fans” reward them with money either way.

DanielBB8

They COULD do something amazing (and they are in some cases - like SWGE) but they aren’t here. Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier are cheap, lazy, slapped together and ugly. For the prices they charge and the resources at their disposal, EVERYTHING should be amazing. Everything.

That’s why people complain and get upset. They could do great things, but they don’t, and “fans” reward them with money either way.
You call things cheap, lazy, and slapped together as if it’s true when it not. Everything done requires coordination with foods, fireworks, parades (both parks), merchandise, and attractions. People experience Pixar Fest at both parks. They are amazing.

Californian Elitist

Great to know, Hope you enjoy your day at the pixar resort!

As long as there is no TSL, I will!

Fair enough, but PP really dominates the landscape at DCA. To me it's kind of like if they did a Pixar overlay to Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom. Sure, you could ignore it, but it is kind of in your face! Google Image search Disney California Adventure and see what comes up...

It dominates the landscape at DCA? PP literally replaced one half of a land. A land, not the entire park, but one land, half of it. Of the nine rides prior to this infection, PP is re-skinning three of them. So 33% of the rides will change, in one land, not DCA as a whole. Then one new ride will be added and some food stands will be re-skinned. Again, the other 2/3 of the land will be untouched. Including the entire park, that’s 3/33 attractions, so .09% will change.

You guys and gals are exaggerating to try and get your point across, but it’s not working too well.

Why does everyone act like WDW doesn't have their own version of Pixar Fest?

Right. My one statement triggered and attracted a few folks, to the point where things are being said that aren’t making sense.

At least WDW's Star Wars Land isn't located in WDW's Magic Kingdom.

Now you’re just pulling things out of your hat for silly jabs and pointless reasons. What does SWL have to do with this conversation?

This is absurd and quite confusing.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
You call things cheap, lazy, and slapped together as if it’s true when it not. Everything done requires coordination with foods, fireworks, parades (both parks), merchandise, and attractions. People experience Pixar Fest at both parks. They are amazing.

Food sells special items year round. No extra effort needed.

Fireworks is the most significant investment, but even then, this show was cheaper than others due to its short shelf life.

The two parades are pre existing, one is 10 years old. The new floats for PPP are small and as cheap as possible.

The whole promotion is very low budget, and it shows. Coordination is required to open the gates each morning, it’s not a special skill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom