Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

TROR

WDI isn't generally involved in fireworks, parades, shows, or promotions. You can blame Creative Entertainment for this truly terrible fireworks show and Marketing for this truly terrible PixarFest.
Wait, so WDI is involved in designing toys but not shows in the parks? What the heck?

The_Mesh_Hatter

Muppets Theater is being used to show 3 Pixar shorts in 3D. The shirts are The One With The Birds On A Wire, Lava, and Piper. There were some physical effects... wind, water, lighting, etc... and then some models in the holding space.
0129F51C-17C5-4C86-B809-57DBC1F1B36C.jpeg
FCD37D32-24FB-4C95-8A83-0A3FFAD66717.jpeg

Californian Elitist

They both look pretty bad, but at least TSL is kind of hidden up the back of DHS, you can more or less ignore it if you want to, and it isn't really replacing anything. Pixar Pier takes up a big, very visible chunk of DCA and ruins some of the good work they did in retheming the pier.

Yeah, the whole “at least it’s hidden” thing doesn’t fly with me, because it’s still in the park. Anyone could ignore that, or ignore Pixar Pier as well. No one will be forced to go to either, however it doesn’t take away the fact that they’re there. The rides at PP are the same. The aesthetic is different.

Again, both look terrible. Both are examples of the lazy work being done currently within the company. If I had to suffer through one, it would be PP. I’m somewhat interested in Incredicoaster, specifically the entrance. There’s quite literally nothing about TSL that interests me. I don’t want to experience a land solely based on Toy Story.

It’s fine if you and others disagree.

fctiger

It looks OK but I'm not that big into Pixar. But I actually think TSL is cool for DHS and can be a cool area for families. Pixar Pier just feels like a reskin but I get why its being done. But all this Pixar stuff seems pretty crazy to promote it at both parks.

Squishy

Yeah, the whole “at least it’s hidden” thing doesn’t fly with me, because it’s still in the park. Anyone could ignore that, or ignore Pixar Pier as well. No one will be forced to go to either, however it doesn’t take away the fact that they’re there. The rides at PP are the same. The aesthetic is different.

Again, both look terrible. Both are examples of the lazy work being done currently within the company. If I had to suffer through one, it would be PP. I’m somewhat interested in Incredicoaster, specifically the entrance. There’s quite literally nothing about TSL that interests me. I don’t want to experience a land solely based on Toy Story.

It’s fine if you and others disagree.
Pixar fest is basically the 2/3rd of the DCA park and toy story land is just a land... Not like it's taking over the whole park

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's not like anyone is actually going to write to anyone lol. Everyone is going to say how much they hate it from behind a keyboard and show up next week at the park.
I know, just trying to make sure the collective outrage is directed at the correct people :)

What fans claim online:
write-angry-letter.jpg

What actually happens:

l3vcyt-b78651586z.120100611142510000gefor9on.1.jpg

Californian Elitist

But pixar fest is way more of a eye sore than toy story land

Pixar fest is basically the 2/3rd of the DCA park and toy story land is just a land... Not like it's taking over the whole park

My opinion doesn’t change. And no, it’s not 2/3. PP is a land as well and not taking over all of DCA. You’re exaggerating, but not for an effect.

My opinion is not changing.

D

Deleted member 107043

I kind of look at it like this: TSL is a from-the-ground-up custom designed 11 acre Pixar themed realm with at least one featured attraction unique to DHS. Pixar Pier, on the other hand, is largely an elaborate re-skinning of existing infrastructure that's mostly been there for close to two decades. Comparing the two, and questionable Pixar theming aside, Toy Story Land seems more like a net add to WDW than Pixar Pier does to DLR.

Rich T

The only Pixar Merchandise I would buy would be a T-shirt of the Sam Elliott T-Rex from Good Dinosaur with the quote, "I drowned that Croc... In my own BLOOD."

D

Deleted member 107043

Toy Story 4's release date was announced this week for June 21, 2019. How much you wanna bet this "festival" is recycled and returns to one or both parks next summer?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Toy Story 4's release date was announced this week for June 21, 2019. How much you wanna bet this "festival" is recycled and returns to one or both parks next summer?

Why do I think this was already known, that Incredibles 2 took over the original (albeit revised from 2017) TS4 slot for 2018 and TS4 took over the original Incredibles 2 slot for 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom