Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

D

Deleted member 107043

Some of those are definitely more "blameworthy" than others.

I blame all of them equally TBH. No one is forcing anyone to visit Disneyland Resort and partake of these things.

Of course, I wouldn’t put the full responsibility for current park content on us fans. However, I do think the elephant in the room is a well-meaning community feverishly spending money at Disney P&R. In doing so we have unwittingly telegraphed business strategy decisions to Disney's top brass, and the result is Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I blame all of them equally TBH. No one is forcing anyone to visit Disneyland Resort and partake of these things.

Of course, I wouldn’t put the full responsibility for current park content on us fans. However, I do think the elephant in the room is a well-meaning community feverishly spending money at Disney P&R. In doing so we have unwittingly telegraphed business strategy decisions to Disney's top brass, and the result is Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier.
Bottom line for me is that it all begins and ends with corporate greed. While he claims to be fostering and growing the Disney brand, all Iger is doing is starring in his own twisted version of "The Wonderful World of Money".

I know we'd all love less-crowded parks with more unique and original offerings, but as long as current management is running things, we'll get just the opposite. To our collective chagrin, Iger and Co. know that Disney is a product that you just can't stop telling people to like.

Phroobar

Correct. The more we buy, the more it looks they are doing something good. Get rid of your AP for a few years and they will change.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

A very convenient assessment coming from a Disney fan. ;) The choices you make as a consumer influence corporate bottom line business decisions, therefore, in many respects, it actually all begins and ends with you.
Well, if they actually gained insight from me personally, then they'd know I only go to the parks to ride the classics, eat a pretzel (or sometimes a burger), and go home. In a sense, apart from my monthly AP-payment and minor food purchase, I'm the blippiest blip on their radar.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, if they actually gained insight from me personally, then they'd know I only go to the parks to ride the classics, eat a pretzel (or sometimes a burger), and go home. In a sense, apart from my AP-payment and minor food purchase, I'm the blippiest blip on their radar.

Add in scooping up the latest merch being offered and you have most of the SoCal AP level.

Phroobar

Double meaning, I think. It's both a line from Toy Story when the aliens are picked by the claw they go to "a better place" but also I think it's Disney acknowledging that Pizza Port had awful food so this is "a better place" than Pizza Port (although that has yet to be seen).
So just like the Cake it's a lie.

Squishy

0413_nws_ocr-l-dis-pixar-041.jpg

:hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

TROR

If I run ever run a theme park, I'll make sure to let everyone allowed in press events no matter their stance on my theme park. Except for Theme Park Review who are banned for life from my park.

Sir_Cliff

Yep, both look like garbage, but I’ll take PP over TSL, as of right now.
They both look pretty bad, but at least TSL is kind of hidden up the back of DHS, you can more or less ignore it if you want to, and it isn't really replacing anything. Pixar Pier takes up a big, very visible chunk of DCA and ruins some of the good work they did in retheming the pier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom