Pixar Fest - Reviews and Thoughts, plus Soft Opening News

Disney Analyst

I don't think the new float was in the parade tonight...at least that's what I read online.

Sorry, I should have separated those two thoughts better. I watched the parade on a stream, frozen isn't missed as much as I thought it would be, can't wait to see the new float and how it looks once it debuts.

mickEblu

Because there's still enough at Disneyland I do enjoy. I know, it's the great Catch-22 of this place.

Thankfully, this is all only temporary :)

Pixar Fest is just one big Meh for me but it’s not enough to get a rise out of me because it’s... temporary. Sure they could do better but at least none of this is permanent or has been announced to return every year because honestly Spring& Summer/ Classic mode is my favorite time to visit Disneyland. So hopefully they don’t find a new “fest” for this time of year EVERY year. It’s almost like they say “no Halloween or Christmas, let’s create a holiday season that lasts 5 months until we get Halloweentime up and running.”

shortstop

Pixar Fest is just one big Meh for me but it’s not enough to get a rise out of me because it’s... temporary. Sure they could do better but at least none of this is permanent or has been announced to return every year because honestly Spring& Summer/ Classic mode is my favorite time to visit Disneyland. So hopefully they don’t find a new “fest” for this time of year EVERY year. It’s almost like they say “no Halloween or Christmas, let’s create a holiday season that lasts 5 months until we get Halloweentime up and running.”
My theory is that last summer they experienced 60th Anniversary withdrawals and wanted something this year to take place in summer.

Stevek

This is the line for Sully popcorn buckets (it was actually much longer than this) and the folks in this pic have the new Pixar shirts...yeah, Disney knows exactly who they are marketing to. There are separate long lines for the Mike sippers (see kid near tree in background and also in second pic). Like I said, as long as people continue to buy into this stuff, create long lines for $20 popcorn buckets and buy up the merch, these things will happen more and more often. (pics borrowed from Allears)

1523641017580.png

Attachments

• 1523641224166.png
    1523641224166.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

brb1006

Wasn't there a short period where Disneyland used to celebrate Easter? I remember WDW used to have it's own dedicated Easter parade and TV special up till 1999 and only does a pre-parade it. I seen old photos of Mickey meeting Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at one point.

mickEblu

Wasn't there a short period where Disneyland used to celebrate Easter? I remember WDW used to have it's own dedicated Easter parade and TV special up till 1999 and only does a pre-parade it. I seen old photos of Mickey meeting Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at one point.

I’m not sure tbh but I don’t ever remember it being a big deal.

D

Deleted member 107043

This is the line for Sully popcorn buckets (it was actually much longer than this) and the folks in this pic have the new Pixar shirts...yeah, Disney knows exactly who they are marketing to. There are separate long lines for the Mike sippers (see kid near tree in background and also in second pic). Like I said, as long as people continue to buy into this stuff, create long lines for $20 popcorn buckets and buy up the merch, these things will happen more and more often. (pics borrowed from Allears)

I say it's high time we start putting some of the blame for this stuff on Disney fans. 'Disney knows exactly who they are marketing to' is going to be my new tagline.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I say it's high time we start putting some of the blame for this stuff on Disney fans. 'Disney knows exactly who they are marketing to' is going to be my new tagline.
Disney fans are definitely to blame for part of it. But it's also hard because not all customers are alike.

I'd wager at for any given piece of merch you have people who will:
-Buy it because they genuinely like and want it
-Buy it to feed their Disney-lifestyle idealism
-Buy it exclusively to appease their children
-Buy it as a souvenir reminder of their trip
-Buy it and then hock it at swap meets
-Buy it simply because Disney made it

Some of those are definitely more "blameworthy" than others.

180º

MiceChat reports this:

“In the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure, guests will find all sorts of entertainment, including “The Pixarmonic Orchestra.” This wacky band performs songs from the Pixar films using unconventional instruments such as cowbells, kazoos, duck calls, sirens and slide whistles.”

Sounds hellish.

TragicMike

Considering Mike is one of my favorite characters ever, I would definitely buy one of the Mike sippers TBH. But after seeing that line? No thanks.

Still crossing my fingers I can get a Coco Jarrito without spending half my day in line. Although that has more to do with Pixar actually representing my culture accurately and creatively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom