Pirates themed monorail!

I think a pirate monorail would be fun...I'd get on it..my son would think it's cool...why did this suggestion make everybody so cranky pants??:lookaroun

BrerFrog

I don't like the idea of using monorails as moving billboards, but I am under the impression that I will have to cope with that. :lol:

CoffeeJedi

I like the Tron-orail personally. It's clever and fits the theme.

But pirates? You take a transportation system (that's arguably an attraction in its own right) with its roots clearly in space-age urban futurist design... then add an ocean-based historical fantasy theme based on the dark underbelly of post-renaissance society.

Yeah........ THAT makes sense.

slappy magoo

I shudder to think, Disney's probably already dreaming up other movie concepts for which the monorail could be used as a tie-in. The new Tron movie was just the beginning. Every big concept movie, they'll redo the monorail to match the theme of the movie, get some free press for the movie. Every crappy local news program will tease it for the last news-free 30 seconds of the night: "And coming up, the monorail's at Disney World are looking pret-ty porky (cue monorails painted to look like the cast of Wild Hogs 2)" or "Christmas comes early to the happiest place on Earth, we'll tell you what's up at the Magic Kingdom when we come back (monorails painted to look like Santa's sleigh with a red glow coming from the front, for "The Santa Clause 4: Rise of Rudolph")." Pretty soon, the masses will come to expect it: Ooooh, which movie will get the monorail treatment next? It'll become something people actually look forward to. And Disney becomes even slightly less pure than it's become.

stlbobby

I shudder to think, Disney's probably already dreaming up other movie concepts for which the monorail could be used as a tie-in. The new Tron movie was just the beginning. Every big concept movie, they'll redo the monorail to match the theme of the movie, get some free press for the movie. Every crappy local news program will tease it for the last news-free 30 seconds of the night: "And coming up, the monorail's at Disney World are looking pret-ty porky (cue monorails painted to look like the cast of Wild Hogs 2)" or "Christmas comes early to the happiest place on Earth, we'll tell you what's up at the Magic Kingdom when we come back (monorails painted to look like Santa's sleigh with a red glow coming from the front, for "The Santa Clause 4: Rise of Rudolph")." Pretty soon, the masses will come to expect it: Ooooh, which movie will get the monorail treatment next? It'll become something people actually look forward to. And Disney becomes even slightly less pure than it's become.

Your right because Disney and the parks were never about selling anything or cross marketing. :ROFLOL:

I think your idea is pure Disney. Market everything, always, in a continuing cycle. I can see the theming argument, but I just can't buy you shouldn't market Disney at the parks because it is impure.

rsoxguy

You have painted a bleak future, and you are starting to scare me, Mr. Orwell! :eek:

slappy magoo

Your right because Disney and the parks were never about selling anything or cross marketing. :ROFLOL:

I think your idea is pure Disney. Market everything, always, in a continuing cycle. I can see the theming argument, but I just can't buy you shouldn't market Disney at the parks because it is impure.

But at least historically, the cross-promotion wasn't STRICTLY marketing. There'd be an attraction, a show, something of entertainment value. This is not that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom