Pirates themed monorail!

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
Wouldnt this be cool:sohappy: to promoted the new movie:D

I would like them to make a pirates themed monorail. Wrap in flat black (like the hummer pic for those that cant read and think the hummer is part of the advertisement:drevil:), tint the windows, have fog machines underneath turn on when the door opens with a loud Davy Jones welcoming you to his "ship" with pirated background music:sohappy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI

matte_black_hummer_h2_1-800-600.jpg

parkgoer

what's wrong with just the plain ole monorail? does everything have to become an advertisement? They're money hungry enough as it is, I wouldn't like another moving billboard... we already have to deal with the tronorail.

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
what's wrong with just the plain ole monorail? does everything have to become an advertisement? They're money hungry enough as it is, I wouldn't like another moving billboard... we already have to deal with the tronorail.

Im not saying to make it as an advertisement, just a cool idea. Kids would love to ride it even more. More of a themed monorail I guess

C&D

At first I was thinking, let's keep the monorail pure, but after listening to your description, I could see this being really cool (and provide subtle reference to the new movie(s). Yeah!

The Empress Lilly

Less is more. Style is the perfect execution of a single, unified idea.

A monorail does not get more exciting with a pirate theme. A futuristic, perfectly round building does not get more exciting by hiding it behind scaffolding (Test Track). A classic attraction does not become relevant by slapping two cartoon characters on it.

A five dollar pizza improves the more toppings one splashes onto it. A real meal improves by showing restraint, they are about a few perfect tastes, one, or two or three, perhaps contrasted.

If one adds too much, you do not end up with something original, or something more exciting, but with one bland indistinguishable drab.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good god....

The monorail is a transportation system, not an advertisment hoarding.

The Tronorail works - just - given its route and the futuristic look of a MKVI.

Really...:hammer:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The tronorail doesn't bother me but I don't think a Hummer on the monorail tracks could carry enough people to make it worthwhile.

SOLISIMO

Original Poster
The tronorail doesn't bother me but I don't think a Hummer on the monorail tracks could carry enough people to make it worthwhile.

wow I guess reading the original post and listening to the others that dont read either is the thing to do:lol:

Kamikaze

Im not saying to make it as an advertisement, just a cool idea. Kids would love to ride it even more. More of a themed monorail I guess

Terrible idea. What does a modern (or 'futuristic') mode of transportation have to do with a movie about pirates? Nothing. Ok.

TRON makes sense because its a sci-fi movie.

Candlejack

And how about a Tangled-themed monorail with long, flowing locks of blonde hair hanging from the sides of the front!? And they can put frogs in all the cars! And they can wrap tower designs around the monorail pillars! And when the door opens, Mandy Moore can hit you in the head with a frying pan! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :sohappy:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I thought the TRON monorail advertisement was a fail, do you think this would be better?

Anyway, what would be awesome is to have 1 Pirates character to walk up the entrance wait in line and aboard the monorail :]

A new refurbished POTC ride would be good too..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom