Pirates themed monorail!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Actually, I think they should have a pirate ship that cruises the Seven Seas Lagoon, maybe for the launch of Pirates 4...they could theme it and oh, I dunno, maybe Discovery Island too....

The Empress Lilly

We do need a Moo-norail! :sohappy:

moonorailoverentrance2.jpg

:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In a word no. I like the tron-o-rail because the light cycles fit with the monorail. A pirate ship on the other hand does not fit. It could work on some of the resort launches but not on the monorail.

gerryu21220

Actually, I think they should have a pirate ship that cruises the Seven Seas Lagoon, maybe for the launch of Pirates 4...they could theme it and oh, I dunno, maybe Discovery Island too....

Precisely what they should do. They've been toying with giving the island a Pirates theme off and on for decades.

Now would be a perfect time - just bring in one of the boats from the films or re-theme an existing boat.

Disneykidder

It does sound like a cool idea. Maybe for a limited time on one of the lines headed to the MK.
I really love the monorail the way it is. It is simple and an experience in its own and something I look forward to. We have ridden up front a few times and love it every single time.:)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Probably one of the most dreadful ideas I've read on here. :lol:

Perhaps not as bad as the adding Pluto to SGE idea though.

no this is not the worst idea. one guy mentioned turning stitch's great escape into a TRON themed ride, then at the end it blows up! :)

stlbobby

I actually like this idea, but only if each train had a different theme. or at least a few different themes. It could be a fun easy way to change up things with a simple wrap and voice recording.

PalisadesPkteer

I know the OP said this is not supposed to be an advertisement but really it would be IMO.
We don't need more advertising in WDW, we need LESS.

The idea of maybe turning Discovery Island into the "High End" Boutique park with a Pirates theme might work

Better this idea than the one they had for Night kingdom before. It would be on Disney property, with limited access and they could charge quite a lot for the experience and limit the number of people per day / night also.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know the OP said this is not supposed to be an advertisement but really it would be IMO.
We don't need more advertising in WDW, we need LESS.

The idea of maybe turning Discovery Island into the "High End" Boutique park with a Pirates theme might work

Better this idea than the one they had for Night kingdom before. It would be on Disney property, with limited access and they could charge quite a lot for the experience and limit the number of people per day / night also.
The problem with Discovery Island is logistics. Not only would it be a huge expense to get construction equipment and resources for day to day operations of the island but they would be limited to the 11 acres of the island.

It's a great idea....just too many checks in the con column.

PalisadesPkteer

Hey Master Yoda,

How about Flamingo Crossings? Would it be a good location there?
Or was this the location they thought of using anyway.

If they did build it there maybe then they could get the 3rd party people over there to build the shops, restaurants etc that Disney wanted anyway. If there is an attraction next door all be it an expensive one maybe they would get some buyers.

The access or limit thereof would have to be handled by how the new Night Kingdom park would be built I guess.

Lets see. Lots of room, road access already done and would get 3rd party's interested in getting into this development. What do you think Master Yoda?

gerryu21220

Hey Master Yoda,

How about Flamingo Crossings? Would it be a good location there?
Or was this the location they thought of using anyway.

If they did build it there maybe then they could get the 3rd party people over there to build the shops, restaurants etc that Disney wanted anyway. If there is an attraction next door all be it an expensive one maybe they would get some buyers.

The access or limit thereof would have to be handled by how the new Night Kingdom park would be built I guess.

Lets see. Lots of room, road access already done and would get 3rd party's interested in getting into this development. What do you think Master Yoda?

Flamingo Crossings...? Night Kingdom park...? :shrug:

Never heard of these. Where are they?

rsoxguy

Flamingo Crossings...? Night Kingdom park...? :shrug:

Never heard of these. Where are they?

Flamingo Crossings is the area near Western Way and S.R. 429. It is land that can and will be developed. Night Kingdom is a rumored high-priced theme park that would open at a later hour in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom