'Pirates' Sequel Earns Record $132 Million Debut

Legacy

dxwwf3 said:
People are calling for Spidy, Shrek, Harry Potter and POTC though. I am looking forward very much to Spidy, Shrek and POTC and Ratatouille. Of course, any movie starring Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, or Adam Sandler is a must see for me too :)

But I do agree with you. There seem to be a lot of not wanted sequals on that list.
The only sequels I'm looking forward to are Spiderman 3 and Harry Potter. That's it. Will I see Shrek? Only if Puss in Boots is in it. Will I see PotC3? Yes, only because I'm curious (and they didn't botch the universe to the point of Matrix where I refused to see the third one). I just want to watch Spiderman for the effects, primarily Sandman, and to see if we actully see the REAL Venom. Harry Potter is the only movie on that entire list that SHOULD be there because it is part of a larger story. The rest of them, honestly, I wouldn't care if they were ever made.

:shrug:

Hollywood is starting to aggrevate me.

dxwwf3

NemoRocks said:
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry will be for you then. :)

Yep. The only Sandler comedies I've missed Little Nicky and Eight Crazy Nights in theaters and I've kicked myself for it after watching on DVD. I love both of those movies. But I'm also the type of Sandler fan that loved Punch Drunk Love too. I actually would have went to the theater for that one if it had come to this area :brick:. So yeah I can watch an art-house flick and a stupid comedy and enjoy them both equally.

NemoRocks said:
I'll have Fantastic Four 2 to myself.... :lookaroun

I CAN NOT believe you liked that movie :lol:

dxwwf3

Legacy said:
The only sequels I'm looking forward to are Spiderman 3 and Harry Potter. That's it. Will I see Shrek? Only if Puss in Boots is in it. Will I see PotC3? Yes, only because I'm curious (and they didn't botch the universe to the point of Matrix where I refused to see the third one).

I thought the two Matrix sequels were better than the original :lol:

I am definitely looking forward to Spidy and POTC most of all next year, but I actually thought Shrek 2 was better than the original and I enjoyed the attraction at USF. I'll be there opening weekend.

Never seen the Harry Potter movies or books and I have no desire too. I hope fans enjoy the film though.

dxwwf3

NemoRocks said:
#15 last year and an 'A' grade :lookaroun

I joke around, but seriously everyone has those movies. Films that everybody and their brother hates, but you love. I've got my fair share, so don't feel bad AT ALL. I'm a card carrying memeber in the "Caddyshack 2 is 1,000 times better than Caddyshack club". But I'm not only a member, I'm the creater and only member :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Legacy said:
(and they didn't botch the universe to the point of Matrix where I refused to see the third one)
I have yet to watch more than the first half hour of Reloaded and I still haven't seen Revolutions (and yet I have both DVDs on the shelf!) :lookaroun

NemoRocks78

Seized
dxwwf3 said:
I joke around, but seriously everyone has those movies. Films that everybody and their brother hates, but you love. I've got my fair share, so don't feel bad AT ALL. I'm a card carrying memeber in the "Caddyshack 2 is 1,000 times better than Caddyshack club". But I'm not only a member, I'm the creater and only member :lol:
I'm probably the only member of the "I gave Big Momma's House 2 a solid 'B' grade" club :lookaroun

robertiscool88

I went to see Pirates on saturday and it was awsome. I will want to see spiderman 3, pirates 3, and maybe Harry Potter but nothing else really appeals to me, but that might be because i have no idea what half those movies are,:)

dxwwf3

NemoRocks said:
It is the second best....The Blues Brothers is the first. :cool: :lookaroun :lol:

Not the type of musical I was talking about ;). The Producers (2005) would be my favorite musical.

imagineer boy

NemoRocks said:
Have you even seen the release schedule for next year?

• Spider-Man 3 (Sony) - 5/4
• 1408 (Dim.) - 5/18
• Shrek the Third (DW) - 5/18
• Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (BV) - 5/25
• Ocean's Thirteen (WB) - 6/8
• Surf's Up (Sony) - 6/8
• Fantastic Four 2 (Fox) - 6/15
• The Brave One (WB) - 6/22
• Evan Almighty (Uni.) - 6/22
• Stardust (Par.) - 6/22
• Ratatouille (BV) - 6/29
• The Transformers (DW) - 7/4
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (WB) - 7/13
• Journey 3-D (NL) - 7/20
• I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (Uni.) - 7/20
• 10,000 B.C. (WB) - 7/27
• The Simpsons (Fox) - 7/27
• The Bourne Ultimatum (Uni.) - 8/3
• Underdog (BV) - 8/3
• Alien vs. Predator 2 (WB) - 8/10
• Rush Hour 3 (NL) - 8/10
• Nancy Drew (WB) - 8/10
• Disturbia (Par.) - 8/17
• Knocked Up (Uni.) - 8/17

It's WAY too crowded. The only other place it could go is Fall/Winter.

Well, I've changed my mind then.:lol: That is one BUSY movie year. Wow. Amazing. Spiderman, will open up at the begginning of the month though, therefor, giving POTC3 plenty of room. Shrek poses as some concern, but I doubt it will take a large amount out of the movie's profit. But boy, going up against Ratatouliee and HP would be suicide!

dxwwf3

I think releasing POTC 3 a week later could make a big difference when looking at the competition, but it's all about Memorial Day Weekend. It will still kick major butt.

stingrock23

I thought Spidey wasn't opening till around July or June, but I guess not. I'm sure all movies will open big, and there's a possibility any of the three could top Dead Man's Chest, we'll just have to wait and see. I didn't think Fantastic 4 sucked, but maybe that's because I went into it expecting it to be horrible, and it kept my interest.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Transformers turns out. I hope they don't ruin a good thing, but the trailer looks promising, even though it wasn't that much of it.

I've read in the other posts about the Transformers and everyone talking about the trailer..but I haven't heard a thing about it. Can someone enlighten a little please?

autumndawn1006

Wow! Thanks for the warning guys! I guess I am going to have to get
rid of our television next summer so the kids won't see the previews of
all the new movies they will want to see. That lineup could seriously put
a damper on my Disney spending money.

I will have to see Bourne and POTC, though.:animwink:

Sidebar-Cool avatar Stingrock-best skit ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom