Pirates refurb dates released

mickEblu

I'm with you bruh. For me, I can handle everything but the red-head look, voice & dialogue of the WDW version. It's so CRINGE! The red head comes off as a tomboy-lesbo-soccer mom dressing up for Halloween trying to sound "lit."

If it has to be a copy & paste, please let it be from DL Paris! The red head still manages to look feminine & beautiful, but tough. I'm not holding my breath though.

LOL @ that description bruh! The dialogue is cheesy AF. I also don’t like the red heads new look. I’m with ya bruh.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm with you bruh. For me, I can handle everything but the red-head look, voice & dialogue of the WDW version. It's so CRINGE! The red head comes off as a tomboy-lesbo-soccer mom dressing up for Halloween trying to sound "lit."

If it has to be a copy & paste, please let it be from DL Paris! The red head still manages to look feminine & beautiful, but tough. I'm not holding my breath though.

Me thinks the DL Redhead look is going to be different as the WDW version looks to be a retread from another AA. DL doesn't have the same AA to use for a retread.

Hattieboxghost110

I believe both but he’s more interested in WDW. @marni Bruh can you just tell us it’s going to be ok?

Us waiting for his reply...

giphy.gif

180º

I agree. You know the stink-eye pirate who’s always been right at the end of the scene, holding a gun on you? The Paris redhead gives off a similar threatening attitude, and maybe just a little more gleeful and crazy. In isolation, she’s really cool! How did they get it so wrong at WDW?

SuddenStorm

Also RIP Paul Frees dialogue.

That's the real tragedy here. Now, a great number of the lines in the ride are replacements- not the original vocals.

And most of the new vocals- er, all the new vocals- aren't as good as what was before.

The changes of style in the narration, the artistic differences between the new animatronics (looking at you Jack) and the originals, clash- hurting the overall tone and quality of the ride.

If Disney keeps this up, and continues to mess with things that shouldn't be messed with every decade when a new group of Imagineers decides they want to leave their mark on a classic attraction- I'd almost favor a complete teardown and rebuild of the ride into something cohesive (like Shanghai), instead of the Frankenstein Pirates ride we've ended up with.

mickEblu

That's the real tragedy here. Now, a great number of the lines in the ride are replacements- not the original vocals.

And most of the new vocals- er, all the new vocals- aren't as good as what was before.

The changes of style in the narration, the artistic differences between the new animatronics (looking at you Jack) and the originals, clash- hurting the overall tone and quality of the ride.

If Disney keeps this up, and continues to mess with things that shouldn't be messed with every decade when a new group of Imagineers decides they want to leave their mark on a classic attraction- I'd almost favor a complete teardown and rebuild of the ride into something cohesive (like Shanghai), instead of the Frankenstein Pirates ride we've ended up with.

I agree with everything you said except the last sentence.

Californian Elitist

As a huge fan of classic Disneyland, my thoughts there surprised myself. But I worry that they'll continue to make alterations to the ride over the next few decades, to the point where it becomes both unrecognizable from the original, and lower quality.

I have a friend who is in favor of all of Disneyland closing as a theme park and re-opening as a museum. He is beyond disappointed with its current direction.

Phroobar

It's a shame they aren't trying to use this as an opportunity to replace the scene with something better. It seems like they used the original scene as a template, and are trying to recreate it in the most pc way possible- instead of just starting from scratch and making the best scene they possibly can.
That would take creativity and work. Those are things they aren't known for right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom