Pirates refurb dates released

JD2000

Is it any different then before?

You have Pirates bidding on something, instead of just getting it themselves.

It could be these changes to the scene only now have people thinking about the scene, attempting to make sense of things, where it may not be necessary to, in order to enjoy it. You could say the Pirates selling the goods are those more capable (sober and armed) while those bidding are not (drunk and unarmed) and they would rather just participate in the auction.

Last edited:

JD2000

Just a couple examples:
"we wants the rum!" = "we wants the red head!"
"strike your feather dearie, show 'em your flock." = "shift yer cargo, dearie, show 'em your larboard side."

I see the dialog as even more comical now, as reading through it, you know the auctioneer is really talking about something else. ;)

SuddenStorm

Just a couple examples:
"we wants the rum!" = "we wants the red head!"
"strike your feather dearie, show 'em your flock." = "shift yer cargo, dearie, show 'em your larboard side."

I see the dialog as even more comical now, as reading through it, you know the auctioneer is really talking about something else. ;)

To me, the new dialogue plays as a lousy parody of the original. It's like a slap in the face to the original voice actors and designers who worked hard to make the ride great.

George Lucas on a Bench

The original dialogue is about as iconic as it comes from Disney. Right up there with the HM narration, "Dead men tell no tales", "Your attention please" and the other Jack Wagner stuff. It's a huge loss. But they had no issue replacing the Captain's original dialogue or "Do not pull down on the safety bar, please", the yeti growl or the original "Remain seated please."

What are you gonna do?

Phroobar

This line was better:

"Say, have you set your eyes on the bewitched maiden in your travels? Oh she be a lively lassie she were. Oh I tell you true. It's alright to hoist me colours on the likes of that she little wench! Favor, keep a weathered eye open, mateys. I be willing to share I be!"

SuddenStorm

But they had no issue replacing the Captain's original dialogue or "Do not pull down on the safety bar, please", the yeti growl or the original "Remain seated please."

What are you gonna do?

It's a testament to the insane design of early Disney that we're getting nostalgic about the safety spiels. But, in many cases, those spiels are iconic- it's a shame Disney doesn't realize it.

JD2000

This line was better:

"Say, have you set your eyes on the bewitched maiden in your travels? Oh she be a lively lassie she were. Oh I tell you true. It's alright to hoist me colours on the likes of that she little wench! Favor, keep a weathered eye open, mateys. I be willing to share I be!"
And that be the only thing I ever thought was able to be taken out of context too easily and could be viewed as inappropriate enough to justify doing something about it. But that original change to his scene, to instead make it about food, was more than enough. You continued to know what he was really talking about. ;)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's a testament to the insane design of early Disney that we're getting nostalgic about the safety spiels. But, in many cases, those spiels are iconic- it's a shame Disney doesn't realize it.
Given their recent track record, it's a bit unnerving to know just what Disney actually does hold sacred these days...

Phroobar

Given their recent track record, it's a bit unnerving to know just what Disney actually does hold sacred these days...
80721bb7-cd48-11e6-b490-0f437cfe09ba.png

mickEblu

After the backlash from the WDW version, it looks like Disneylands's will aim to take the scene in a new direction...

View attachment 272543

Lol. Is it foolish for me to think that Disneyland’s version might not be exactly like WDWs? And that maybe just maybe, it being the original, that they will find a way to keep the Auctioneers dialogue?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Lol. Is it foolish for me to think that Disneyland’s version might not be exactly like WDWs? And that maybe just maybe, it being the original, that they will find a way to keep the Auctioneers dialogue?
I fear this will likely be a copy/paste job. Although the hopeful side of me thinks they did WDW's first to gauge guest reactions...not wanting to taint the original, lest it be outrightly rejected by fans.

George Lucas on a Bench

It doesn't matter what the fans think. These are Disney's attractions, just as Star Wars were George Lucas' movies to do whatever they please with. Just accept the blinking Ewoks and Jar Jar in ROTJ.

TROR

It doesn't matter what the fans think. These are Disney's attractions, just as Star Wars were George Lucas' movies to do whatever they please with. Just accept the blinking Ewoks and Jar Jar in ROTJ.
Never had a problem with blinking Ewoks, but boy am I glad I have the original trilogy on VHS without any changes as well as the despecialized editions on my computer.

Hattieboxghost110

I'm with you bruh. For me, I can handle everything but the red-head look, voice & dialogue of the WDW version. It's so CRINGE! The red head comes off as a tomboy-soccer mom dressing up for Halloween trying to sound "lit."

If it has to be a copy & paste, please let it be from DL Paris! The red head still manages to look feminine & beautiful, but tough. I'm not holding my breath though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom