Pirates Officially Open

dh999

I hope they will have soft re-openings as we are going from June 15-24 and our 4 year old daughter who refused to ride it last year has been saying that she has to ride it this year. With the temper she has, my legs will be bruised from kicks if we don't get to ride it.:fork:

ballewclan

Yuppp, that looks ALOT more like the dog from the movie. I'm kinda sad now, the origional dog looked exactly like my first dog who died a few years ago. Now i wont be able to see her again...:cry:

Main Street USA

As said a few times above, I hate the idea of changing a classic attraction, HOWEVER, I really think this change will be for the best. This never would've happened if Pirates the movie wasn't such a huge success.

Take, for example, the Haunted Mansion movie....awful. Can you imagine Eddie Murphy in the classic HM? lol.....um.......NO!

scottnj1966

brian19862002 said:
There's something different from Phase 1:

q5xPo6ouQXJj4TwMMVtIXV4+CPOt4P++0300.jpg
Old Dog

dISNEY2006385.jpg
New Dog

The dog and a few little things were changed a couple months ago before the small closing. I have pictures of it from Jan.

The big changed will be when it closes for a couple months. I think just wiring and other things you dont see were done on the small closing.

disneytati

Awww, I liked the old dog... Well, the new one really looks like the one in the movie, though.

My cousin asked me a question, and I wasn't able to answer: "Is there gonna be an AA for Orlando Bloom's character? As I don't remember the name of the character, I couldn't answer her...

HoW

disneytati said:
My cousin asked me a question, and I wasn't able to answer: "Is there gonna be an AA for Orlando Bloom's character? As I don't remember the name of the character, I couldn't answer her...

No, the current information says that there will be a AA of Barbosa and another of Capt. Jack, but those are the only planned AA additions to the ride.

vfxpro

I'd find it hard to believe there would only be one AA of each. If they are racing to the treasure, I'd assume you would see a few of each throughout the attraction.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Anything official say July 7th, but it's expect to reopen by July 1st. Having it closed July 4th seems like something they'd try to avoid at all costs.

jedimaster1227

It will be interesting to see that Disney pulls off their grand opening date. The boats are sitting covered on the STOLPort strip and the inside is open at the back. I have photos from when I was there on Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom