Pirates Officially Open

Enderikari

Technically Pirates is open for a half day on April 7th, and fully open on April 8th, so right now IT IS OPEN....

But, the most important thing, El Pirata y el Perico doesn't open until April 9th

CTXRover

teebin said:
what is the URL of the website that says it is opening on 04/08? The URL below says it is closed.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=PiratesoftheCaribbeanAttractionPage

If you look at MK's calendar, it lists the attractions closed on any particular day you chose. URL: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...darHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage

For today, it lists Pirates as closed. However, from April 8-April 30th, it is not listed as being closed on the calendar. Starting May 1st, the calendar once again lists Pirates as being closed. All of this goes with what was rumored/expected for Pirates over the Spring Break period.

Craig & Lisa

Great timing, the family and I will be there from the 16th to the 22nd, so I'll be able to get a video of the place before and then again in Nov when we go again. As much as it is a great attraction it does need a really good job done on it. 8 days and counting............... can't wait, can't wait!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

peter11435

I would love to go check it out tomorrow morning, but unfortunately I am going out of town for the weekend. I won’t be back until late Sunday afternoon. I'll try to get over there Sunday night or Monday morning for an update.

GeneralKnowledge

I went on it today. Nothing major seemed to be changed. Most of the effects that weren't working previosuly were still not working, such as one of the burning buildings. I imagine all they really did was touch up the AA costumes and repaint some things. If anyone has any specific questions I will do my best to answer them.

bnh

I also went on it today. can't say i saw anything different, the last time was 2 years ago. The queue was pretty short,,,suspect that most people didn't know it was open, the times guide still had it as closed all this week. but i was thrilled that my family and I got to ride it before we leave tomorrow! :p

tirian

I went on it today. Nothing major seemed to be changed. Most of the effects that weren't working previosuly were still not working, such as one of the burning buildings. I imagine all they really did was touch up the AA costumes and repaint some things.

That's right. As a couple of us have posted, Guests won't notice any changes for the spring break opening.

The real updates, including Jack, Capt. Barbossa, and a ghostly Davy Jones, will be installed throughout May and June.

BwanaBob

Enderikari said:
Technically Pirates is open for a half day on April 7th, and fully open on April 8th, so right now IT IS OPEN....

But, the most important thing, El Pirata y el Perico doesn't open until April 9th
...and I thought I was the only one thinking that!

YES! Gimme some WDWTacos!

disneydata

Some of the queue floor has been replaced or repainted as well as the unload area. The load docks have been redone and repainted and the ship that sits across from the main dock has been replaced. The upper grotto (the first area in the ride you enter) has changed. There is new rockwork near grotto falls to cover a new catwalk and some type of machinery above. Not sure what it is yet since it's just the catwalk and a metal wire box. The skull and crossbones no longer plays the safety information and just moves its' mouth. Most of the cannons are now working on the Wicked Wench. A lot of the treasure in the well scene has been removed (probably for placement of the new AA's). All the turntables are working in the chase scene.

New boats, new belts and rollers, some lighting changes, and a few minor costume changes round out the ride changes. There is also a nice "clean" smell that I have NEVER smelled in that building. It's refreshing.

Trishnh

MKtacosRthebest said:
andrewwood said:
I wouldn't get your hopes up for riding it in May or June, I believe the ride will be closing down May 1st and not opening again until the first part of July.

Oh, I will be so psyched if it is still open the last week of April!! (My kids will be, too:lol: )

Ciciwoowoo

We're going down April 29, and have plans be be at the MK on the 30th...Stay open til then, please! :) It just wouldn't be a visit without riding PotC at least once!

Lee

Adventurer
disneydata said:
There is new rockwork near grotto falls to cover a new catwalk and some type of machinery above. Not sure what it is yet since it's just the catwalk and a metal wire box.
Likely that is for the Davy Jones effect.

iheartdisney91

oh i ogt all excited because i thought that it was opened with all of the changes. oh well i used to think that it was wrong to redue the ride but now im actually excited! i just hope that they do it well! oh you know that drop in the darkness i hope they make the drop more scary lol. :p

Mr Bill

iheartdisney91 said:
oh i ogt all excited because i thought that it was opened with all of the changes. oh well i used to think that it was wrong to redue the ride but now im actually excited! i just hope that they do it well! oh you know that drop in the darkness i hope they make the drop more scary lol. :p
It's unlikely that any changes will be made to the drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom