Pirates of the Caribbean concept art, including new entrance

Rayray

Does omitting the parrot really make sense? I'm sure it will return. That bird has to be the best attention technique for any attraction.:veryconfu

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
TinkerBell9988 said:
The tower would be immediately to the left, that is why it is not in the concept art photo. Technically, if you took a picture of the entrance on the left side with the same proportions as the concept art photo, the tower would not be seen.

I'm somewhat happy with the new entrance concept, but I'm not happy with the refurb in general... :(

ah hello.... I provided some concept art of my own with the tower, did you see it??

brkgnews

Martin, do you have info that Peg-legged Pete is gone for good, or is he (as we originally believed) just gone for his own little rehab?

Starman1128

I heard that the parrot is being replaced by a talking crossbones similar to the one in the Disneyland version of the ride. As for the parrot I hope he stays somewhere in the new attraction either in the queue or as a little easter egg on the ride itself.

diddy_mouse

The concept art is pretty cool...I do like the look of the new entrance but I'm curious if any of the queue will change. All in all, I'm excited for POTC's unveiling this summer....wish I didn't have to wait til '07 to see it :rolleyes:

Starman1128 said:
I heard that the parrot is being replaced by a talking crossbones similar to the one in the Disneyland version of the ride. As for the parrot I hope he stays somewhere in the new attraction either in the queue or as a little easter egg on the ride itself.

Actually when I was being trained at PotC, I was told that the parrot you see outside makes several more appearances inside already. I don't remember everywhere he is but I know he's next to the guy in the burning city who is dangling his hairy leg over the bridge you pass under just before leaving that scene. He does appear a couple other times, too, like in the treasure scene, although some people say it's just supposed to be a different parrot.

Pirate Jeff °o°

bassman

hi every one i am along time reader of these forums bit this is my first time replying, i think that the new entrance design is awsome,and i cant wait too see the new stuff their adding when i go back in september.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
brkgnews said:
Martin, do you have info that Peg-legged Pete is gone for good, or is he (as we originally believed) just gone for his own little rehab?

I`ve not heard yet....

BTW, a little edit;

My 4000th post :D

Buford

Jeff, there are 3 parrots in the ride - and they're ones you listed. When the ride opened, the barker parrot outside was at unload next to the upramp. I wouldn't think he's supposed to be the same as the other two since the others don't have peg legs or eye patches. All three parrots have different voices, too. Maybe they're a family! ;)

I guess this could be confused with the raven at the HM which makes many appearances.

Buford said:
Jeff, there are 3 parrots in the ride - and they're ones you listed. When the ride opened, the barker parrot outside was at unload next to the upramp. I wouldn't think he's supposed to be the same as the other two since the others don't have peg legs or eye patches. All three parrots have different voices, too. Maybe they're a family! ;)

I guess this could be confused with the raven at the HM which makes many appearances.

That's was my argument when I was told that, too... I guess it's just something my trainer had decided for herself. That's the great thing about some of the attractions like PotC and HM. Since the story is so vague each person kind of gets to make up their own plot.

Captain Chaos

I'm really hearing the parrot is not staying, making way for a talking skull and crossbones in the front.... But, consider my source.. A CM friend.. So who knows.. Maybe the parrot will be on the sail in front of the building???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom