Pirates closing for 1 day refurb??

MagicMike

If this addition is indeed mermaids I think I speak for the majority when I say, "Sometimes synergy sucks! Please stop shoehorning stuff from the movies into the ride."

I enjoy the films.
I love the ride.
I don't necessarily love them more together. (Unlike Peanut Butter & Chocolate)

I think we all knew a Captain Jack Sparrow addition was inevitable once the first film raked in a ton of cash, but where does it end? Must SOMETHING from each movie, and the ones to follow, be forced into the attraction?

My concern is, when they run out of available room to add to, will they begin to take from?

cba

When I first heard it, I thought it will be a lot of changes, but good thing it's for a short time.

Jane Whalebones

As long it is only for one day. I got really worried there for a minute. I'm not sure what my 3 and 5 year old would do if they couldn't ride POTC during our trip in November. Yes I know it os only one ride, but that is their favorite ride.
Its my favorite ride too! I extended my stay when they did last refurb, since the was reopening on our last day. :)

The Empress Lilly

I heard the closure is related to the PotC castmembers protesting about the misconception TDA is better than TDO. Apparently it got to the higher ups as they approved they staged walk out as a backhanded slap to the doom and gloom guests who just might be visiting that day.

Another rumor is that they put up a blatant door with a padlock right in the queue to celebrate this small victory...

Jimmy Thick- Jimmy Thick, cub reporter...
TDA vs TDO? I visited DLP today, ohlala...

It makes one realise the two American Pirates are merely competing over silver and bronze.

The Empress Lilly

If this addition is indeed mermaids I think I speak for the majority when I say, "Sometimes synergy sucks! Please stop shoehorning stuff from the movies into the ride."

I enjoy the films.
I love the ride.
I don't necessarily love them more together. (Unlike Peanut Butter & Chocolate)
This.

I love(d) the ride. I mostly enjoyed the movies - the first two were good fun.
But the combination sucks. It clashes. Movie pirates are a different world to the ride Pirates. Like trying to shoehorn Captain America into the American Adventure on account of some thematic overlap.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Very true. DLP Pirates use the best of both U.S. parks plus they add quite a bit of their own stuff. That is, when everything is working...
A few weeks ago it looked like it. Aside from the arsenal explosion on drop two (now a camera flash) it looked and sounded great. As well as the duelling AAs the swinging AA was working!!

Nemofinder

In my head I see the mermaid addition being like the piranhas in the disneyland version of the jungle cruise, and I have no issue with that. I feel like that could be a cool little addition and shout out to the films... Or is that just wishful thinking...

MerlinTheGoat

Paris' version of Pirates is what WDW's version SHOULD have been like. Too bad. Still a very fun ride but definitely the worst version of Pirates. The ride portion of Pirates needs a major rebuild to bring it up to the standards of the others. I'm at least somewhat curious about these mermaids that have been spoken of during the recent past though.

Glad to hear from Martin that Pirates in Paris is running well maintenance-wise though. Sad I can't visit again but at least I got to see it twice when it was in its prime. POTC Paris is a contender for my favorite theme park attraction in the world. So much right about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom