Pirates closing for 1 day refurb??

Captain Chaos

Depends on how much advance work has already been done.

I've only seen figures, not projections.

Keep in mind, this one-day closure may well be unrelated to the mermaids. That's just speculation.
Cool, thanks Lee... that is what I was wondering: projections vs figures.. Thanks.

The Duck

The mermaids may finally be making their debut? Hmmm... If this is so, could they possibly be filling in the gap that the talking skull left? Just imagine... Mermaid #1. "So. You come seeking adventure and salty old pirates, eh?" Mermaid #2. "Sure. You've come to the proper place!". And then WHAM! You go over the drop! Who knows? It just may work! ;)

tl77

It's funny to hear about mermaids going into the cave scene of the ride, because I remember when I was watching the latest "On Strange Tides" movie the last hour or so is all about mermaids in caves and I thought "why are they in caves? this is supposed to be a pirate move why aren't they at sea?" I'm now wondering if they wrote the movie script that way so they'd have an excuse to add stuff in to the beginning of the ride

wdw71fan

Mermaids are part of this.. Additionally, there are several new elements in the queue that will be revealed over time beforehand.. The one day closure is to install and T&A things 'where the rubber meets the road' so to speak..

Stupido

If the mermaids are in fact coming I am going to be a very happy boy. I'll be down there at the end of October, and I've been hoping for the mermaids since I first saw Stranger Tides. I think they will be an amazing addition to the ride, and I am super hopeful for their appearance in the ride!

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Well at least it's only a day. Pirates is one of my favorite rides, rode it twice last week
was down several times on sunday, our last day in MK this trip. Just got home tonight. when i first saw the headlines, i thought it was an emergency fix. guess not

nepalostparks

But I hope they also fix that Blackbeard effect. It barely worked at all the last time I visited WDW (last December).

He seems to come and go. The last 10 or so times through in the last two months, he's been working pretty well for us. In the Spring though, it was hit or miss. Sometimes fine, sometimes fog and voice but no projection, sometimes nothing.

Jimmy Thick

I heard the closure is related to the PotC castmembers protesting about the misconception TDA is better than TDO. Apparently it got to the higher ups as they approved they staged walk out as a backhanded slap to the doom and gloom guests who just might be visiting that day.

Another rumor is that they put up a blatant door with a padlock right in the queue to celebrate this small victory...

Jimmy Thick- Jimmy Thick, cub reporter...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom