Pirates closing for 1 day refurb??

ellie-badge

I guess the mermaids wouldn't be too much of a bother for me, but it is slightly disheartening that the ride seems to be becoming more and more like the films. I was talking with a friend of mine the other week, and he actually thought the ride was based upon the movie instead of the other way around. :(

The Empress Lilly

If done in a very subtle way it could be a nice addition to the ride
Possibly.

I just can't get used to the PotC movie universe in the ride. The movie pirates feel entirely different from the ride Pirates. I think both worlds clash. To me, they might as well have put Ronald McDonald in the ride instead of Sparrow and I wouldn't find it more intrusive.

Taylor

Possibly.

I just can't get used to the PotC movie universe in the ride. The movie pirates feel entirely different from the ride Pirates. I think both worlds clash. To me, they might as well have put Ronald McDonald in the ride instead of Sparrow and I wouldn't find it more intrusive.
I don't think they should've put the movie characters as part of the story just out there in the ride

The Empress Lilly

One day is enough time to install the mermaids??? Lee, I take it the mermaids aren't too advanced...
One day of closure. They can do a lot of preparation work before and after that, or elsewhere, behind closed, unthemed doors. I think most of the work will be done at night during third shift. Then the few things that require the ride to be down are all done within one day.

Pirates down is a big deal, they'd want to keep it down for as little as possible.

awhit066

Are we talking projections in the water or Animatronics?

No insider info here, but I did hear (I think on the Unofficial Guide podcast with Jim Hill) that they were thinking of putting in projections of the mermaid that would be underwater. It would use a similar technology to The Seas with Nemo.

Captain Chaos

One day of closure. They can do a lot of preparation work before and after that, or elsewhere, behind closed, unthemed doors. I think most of the work will be done at night during third shift. Then the few things that require the ride to be down are all done within one day.

Pirates down is a big deal, they'd want to keep it down for as little as possible.
One day for the mermaids, 3 months for the strobe light they will eventually need???

The Empress Lilly

One day for the mermaids, 3 months for the strobe light they will eventually need???
Could be cool:
gse_multipart68117.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom